Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

This is a  great package.

Maybe someday you can combine them all into one zip?

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Well, once it is finished... else there would be 10 packs floating around there as the final version...

Here is the latest news from Jean-Pierre who is progressing with the Edmund Fitzgerald for the Great Lakes:

15012202435716112912896087.jpg

HI guys,

I've p3d 2.4 running..installed everything whit the same sequenced files but no ai boat/ship on the sea :)) whit 100% cover.

Only Leisure boat whit the slider on, but no ship or cargo...

Files bgl are installed, effect the same and even boat but no traffic in any part of the world....

Suggestion ?

Paolo

Hi guys i installed everything bu 0% traffic AI cargo and ship on the sea...the slider is on 100%

Everythin isntalled, boat, effects, bgl in wordl\scenery...a lot of bgl but 0% traffic in many part of the world..

Suggestion ?

You need the ship slider to be set at 5% or above for the ships to show.

Great work KL791 and colleagues, your ships have really brightened up my FSX.

Has the static library mentioned some posts ago been uploaded, and if so where?

Thanks again.

Well, once it is finished... else there would be 10 packs floating around there as the final version...

Here is the latest news from Jean-Pierre who is progressing with the Edmund Fitzgerald for the Great Lakes:

15012202435716112912896087.jpg

Wow....looking great. This will be a MAJOR milestone for marine A.I., to have ships-of-the-line ply the Great Lakes.  This is going to be fantastic!

The non-appearance will most likely be related to FS9 traffic files like WOAI or MAIW - you need to convert them to FSX format with e.g. AIFP.

The static ships were not uploaded yet... Too much work in real life - I released a test package in Norway, but need to do some corrections that I did not have time to do yet.

@KL791   -  As per the Great Lakes, may I suggest adding the US Coast Guard 140 foot Bay-class Icebreaking Tugs. There are six of them.

One model would do as they are all very similar. Just the bow number is different. All are the "black hull" Cutters that keep the shipping lanes

open in the Great Lakes in the winter.

WTGB 101  Katmai Bay

WTGB 102  Bristol Bay

WTGB 103  Mobile Bay

WTGB 104  Biscayne Bay

WTGB 105  Neah Bay

WTGB 106  Morro Bay

I may be accused as a bit biased towards them as I served on the Morro Bay for a while.

I'm very familiar with AIBTC . If the model would appear, I could do the 'float plans'.

Scroll down on this site for basic info on the Cutters. http://www.uscg.mil/d9/units.asp

Schnelle Autos, schöne Frauen und deutsches Bier !

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

It is a nice little icebreaker - I was searching for drawings but no luck - if you can help with some decent drawings it would increase chances that I can do it as it reduces modelling time significantly.

Question......does AI ship traffic display when flying on a network like VATSIM? I have never had the ship traffic enabled on my machine, and I'm at work so I cant test it right now. :ph34r: :lol:

I was just wondering as to what kind of drawings you are looking for?  Side views, blue prints? 

Cheers,

Rob

Side view and top view - and eventually a front view - are the most important to get a decent model. The most important is to be able to get or calculate relative measures.

Best regards

Henrik

Henrik.......Did I told you....I love you!!! :-)  hahahah not like that, but I really love your work, I was absent for some time in the Simworld, came back to P3DV2 and enjoy the world with your AI-Ship traffic!!!

Great work from all involved, thank you guys to make this hobby even more fun!

McDan out

PS:If you get to Bern, Switzerland, let me know, cold beer is waiting!

Thanks for the great ship traffic!  It has made my flying more realistic to see all the ships.

After starting to use this addon I noticed that I could hear ship traffic at some airports while sitting on the ramp.  This is a nice feature, however, is there a setting that I could use to adjust the volume?  In my case I can sometimes hear ships moving several miles away.  Perhaps a volume adjustment would improve the realistic environment.

Thanks for any suggestions!

airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.