Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Beautiful pictures - these are exactly the kind of views which I missed and which gave me the idea to start the project in the first place. And Mitch, thanks for the comparison with ORBX FLOW and all the nice words to me and the project team.

Mitch, regards to your question regarding Jean-Pierre's Edmund Fitzgerald routes - I just checked them decompiling with AIBTC - one important observation - all my routes work with a setting of 5% in ferries & ships traffic, but Jean-Pierre has put this one at 10% as you can see from the below code: 

AC#1,cr01,10%,24Hr,11:00:54,08:28:51,1,normal,ferry,01:12:44,22:40:41,1,reverse,ferry
AC#2,cr02,10%,24Hr,11:15:54,08:45:22,2,normal,ferry,01:12:44,22:42:12,2,reverse,ferry

Next, the time here is GMT and the route departs from Duluth at 11:00 and 11:15 GMT - and checking in front of Duluth Sky Harbour in the very early morning local time I found the Edmund Fitzgerald waiting to depart.

Decompiling with AIBTC you can have the exact route shown in Google earth. 

Mitch, regards to your question regarding Jean-Pierre's Edmund Fitzgerald routes - I just checked them decompiling with AIBTC - one important observation - all my routes work with a setting of 5% in ferries & ships traffic, but Jean-Pierre has put this one at 10% as you can see from the below code: 

AC#1,cr01,10%,24Hr,11:00:54,08:28:51,1,normal,ferry,01:12:44,22:40:41,1,reverse,ferry

AC#2,cr02,10%,24Hr,11:15:54,08:45:22,2,normal,ferry,01:12:44,22:42:12,2,reverse,ferry

Next, the time here is GMT and the route departs from Duluth at 11:00 and 11:15 GMT - and checking in front of Duluth Sky Harbour in the very early morning local time I found the Edmund Fitzgerald waiting to depart.

Decompiling with AIBTC you can have the exact route shown in Google earth. 

Thank you, Henrik,....good stuff...great help!  As per your initial advice, I have my Ships setting at 10 percent, and I leave it there, so I should be good to go!  

11:00 GMT, would be 06:00 (6:00 AM) in Duluth......and the E.F. should then be at dock...

Post Edit: No go...I have set the simulator back to November 9th, 1975 at 11:00z (06:00), and no sign of the E F, or Anderson models. They were properly installed.

If anybody has the E.F. plying the waters...what are your sim settings for date, time, etc, and a pic would be nice....

Mitch

Hi Mitch,

11 GMT is at least with my settings 5 AM in Duluth - maybe due to daylight saving hours - so I think you should look an hour earlier or look in summertime first, as it will be dark at that time in winter.

Below the latest addition - the Norwegian stealth corvete Glimt taking a test ride in P3D.

Henrik

15030909301916112913051470.jpg

15030909301716112913051469.jpg

Hi Mitch,

11 GMT is at least with my settings 5 AM in Duluth - maybe due to daylight saving hours - so I think you should look an hour earlier or look in summertime first, as it will be dark at that time in winter.

Alright, Henrik...will do :)  Boats are looking grrrrrrrrrrrreat!  Thanks!

The 'Fitz' and her crew, ready to sail, out of Duluth (start at KDYT) in the harbor... with Summer as the season, and local time of 05.00...  (FSX:MS/ORBX Global/Pilot's mesh for ORBX products, REX Direct for water textures, DX10 Steve's Fixer v2.6)

Note: I run both FSX:MS and P3D v2.4 with all animations, special effects, and visuals, cranked full right, except for the noted bug still in P3D v2.4 for land shadows, of which I run as turned off. Everything else is bending the right side of all the slides.

It was beautifully eerie, to see her there..and to start her voyage into history...,and I never realized how huge, this ship really was....probably really lent a factor to that length of hull, having to traverse the low troughs and crests of the waves of that hellish night in November, 1975 to have her where she rests, now.

I'm now going to go and find the Anderson....up the coast...

Fitz as seen at 05:00 on November 9th, 1975 (Fall setting in the sim, but she is there, in the pre-dawn of night....so dark to view...but there she is, with ship lighting on... :)

Thank you as always to the team behind these marine releases. It is amazing...for completeness of real-life portrayal, to have no more...sterile and dead water bodies within FSX(x), and P3D(x)!!! :Applause:

Post Edit:  Henrik, I see that there are lights activated in the marine/boat/ship sims....WONDERFUL!~  WOW!....

I do have another request...that the Titanic also be modeled...and follows its real route across the Atlantic...but does not sink...and makes it to what would have been her maiden voyage's port-of-call....New York Harbor!

How cool would it be, to also be onboard a yacht I have,..and watch her sail past the Statue of Liberty...to her berth....

Now..that would be something....!

This project is exciting..and has so many opportunities within it...for instance, at Miami, Florida, and Fort Lauderdale, to see cruise ships (with real departure sail dates and times, leave, or enter port), as you depart KMIA, or on final to the same....

E.F detail is amazing (even the radar head rotates upon its mast)...now upon the water waiting to set sail with it out of Duluth Harbor:

...and here she goes...set sail to open Lake Superior...and her fate with destiny....

Some pictures from the AI Ships.

This was the first time I saw Dockwise it was west of Stavanger,Norway.

Dockwise.jpg

And here some navy ships,i don't know what they are doing,but after 30 min the going all three to the south,also west of Stavanger.

Navy.jpg

Jan

Hi Jan,

I guess, they are waiting for the Norwegian navy... but it still takes some days before that can be released :)

Also for Norway there is a model of the gigantic LNG carrier Arctic Princess Under preparation:

15031510312016112913070899.jpg

I think i have almost more ships than airplanes. :rolleyes:

But i don't stop you Henrik,i flying 95% of the time VFR so it's nice to the ships.

Jan

This one made me chuckle a bit, a small suspicious fishing vessel (or is it a tugboat?) navigating the waters late in the evening north of Sønderborg, Denmark ... I think it may be smugglers!

MS_Henrik_Nielsen_zpskpya68w0.jpg

:smile:

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Probably not, otherwise he wouldn't have his navigation lights on

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pierre

Suspicious...???? It is the only ship in the whole fleet with my name on... Well, there are actually some very suspicious fishing vessels in the package... and more will soon come together with several marine patrol ships enabled for helicopters so the control of the fishing areas can be performed properly from both air and sea...

I trust my gut feeling in this Henrik.

I am certain that boat is attempting to smuggle some high quality ship models into my flight simulator! :P

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen