Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Does anybody know...has the Great Lakes package been released?

Hi Mitch, No, not yet...  have been busy with real life things the last couple of weeks, but will return to the project this weekend... The ships are ready but some textures needs rework and effects needs adjustments etc... small things, but it takes time.

I finally got around to playing around a little more with it and got my FP9 plans converted to FSX, but still no ship traffic anywhere. I set my slider to 10% and as I understand it, it should be enough to see the AI AND get rid of default ship traffic. But the only ships I see are the default Fsx ships, so what or where do I go wrong?

Hi Jorn - if you now see the default traffic with traffic at 10 % then it has to be one of three issues - either the traffic files from my packs are not installed correctly in the folder Microsoft Flight Simulator X/scenery/world/scenery or the ships are not installed correctly in Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Simobjects/Boats/ or you are not looking for the ships in the right place... Check the Strait of Gibraltar... Hong Kong... Rio de Janeiro... These places should always have traffic.

Hi Henrik, hi forum,

now I have my first own created ship for P3D and FSX finished and in works fine in P3D (FSX I cannot test, because I haven´t the FSX).

But at least I have a question. Henrik can yout tell me how to make the radar antennas turning around?

Beautiful model which will be most welcome in the pack if you want - due to the above delay there is still time to finish it - and no, I have no clue about animations in sketchup... I only use gmax.

Hi Mitch, No, not yet...  have been busy with real life things the last couple of weeks, but will return to the project this weekend... The ships are ready but some textures needs rework and effects needs adjustments etc... small things, but it takes time.

--------------------------------------

Hi Henrik!   Thanks for the update.  Yeppers...the real world has its duties and requirements, for sure.  Whenever you get it sent out the door....it will be so very welcome news, indeed!  For myself, as well as the many hundred's of others anticipating this. 

Cheers 'n Beers! :)

Mitch/Ses

" either the traffic files from my packs are not installed correctly in the folder Microsoft Flight Simulator X/scenery/world/scenery"

Nope, they're there allright

"the ships are not installed correctly in Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Simobjects/Boats/"

No again, they're also there.

"Check the Strait of Gibraltar... Hong Kong... Rio de Janeiro... These places should always have traffic."

Did that, and just default AI ships.

Tried also to change ai ship density to 40-50, but still only default ships.

Oh well, I guess I just will have to fly without it, :-(

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

@jlund

Seems that you have overlooked a FS9 file somewhere

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

I have same problem of @jlund problably this problem is related with your AI traffic because after install the AI ships in FSX steam with default AI I finally could see the ships. 

I have same problem of @jlund problably this problem is related with your AI traffic because after install the AI ships in FSX steam with default AI I finally could see the ships.

Not understood...

The ships do work where they are intended to work - in FSX - and also in P3D even if they were not done for P3D in the first place. If they work in FSX Steam is another issue - the traffic is not developped for nor tested by me in FSX Steam. Earlier in this thread at least one person said the traffic works also in FSX Steam, but it is not something I have tested or will test, as I do not have and will not install FSX Steam. I do not know if there are special requirements to installation in FSX Steam, so please help each other with FSX Steam related issues. I can not support on that one.

Not understood...

The ships do work where they are intended to work - in FSX - and also in P3D even if they were not done for P3D in the first place. If they work in FSX Steam is another issue - the traffic is not developped for nor tested by me in FSX Steam. Earlier in this thread at least one person said the traffic works also in FSX Steam, but it is not something I have tested or will test, as I do not have and will not install FSX Steam. I do not know if there are special requirements to installation in FSX Steam, so please help each other with FSX Steam related issues. I can not support on that one.

Well, there is nothing special with FSX steam install. Just did as readme indicates and the ships are there.

However, in the FSX ships does not appear, just like @jlund. 

Well, there is nothing special with FSX steam install. Just did as readme indicates and the ships are there.

However, in the FSX ships does not appear, just like @jlund. 

Hi R0drig0,

Jørn's installation is FSX Steam, so if your problem was in FSX and not in FSX Steam you don't have the same problem - and in FSX there is no doubt that the files do work - if you did not see the ships in FSX, then you basically have three options - presence of FS9 files or wrong installation or traffic setting below 5 %.

Installation is right, traffic is  set to 100%. I wonder I have FS9 files in FSX ai traffic. I think that´s why ships does not work. Since I don´t know what FS9 file is I can not do anything. Anyway ship traffic is working nice on FSX steam. Thanks.

The FS9 files I refer to are traffic.bgl files in the old FS9 (FS2004) format - as a starting point all WOAI traffic files, ICE traffic, MAIW files and some traffic files included in older sceneries even for FSX comes in FS9 format and must be converted to FSX format using e.g. AIFP as they prevent the FSX traffic files from displaying. This is described in this thread and in the manuals to the project.

I was under the impression that if you have just one FS9 format traffic file in FSX, then none of the traffic files will work? If that is indeed the case, then I would suggest removing all of the traffic files, and adding them one by one until the problem file is located.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I was under the impression that if you have just one FS9 format traffic file in FSX, then none of the traffic files will work? If that is indeed the case, then I would suggest removing all of the traffic files, and adding them one by one until the problem file is located.

It dépends if the file is loaded by FSX - if you have a WOAI file from a big airline covering a huge area you will with normal settings have an issue because the file is likely to be loaded near most major airports and flight routes - but if you just have one small local file in FS9 format in a local scenery, then the issue will be limited to that area.

Below a collection of new models getting ready for the next update...

15041907531316112913186591.jpg

15041907530916112913186590.jpg

15041907530716112913186589.jpg

15033002443516112913120486.jpg

15041907530516112913186588.jpg

15041907530316112913186587.jpg

15041907530116112913186586.jpg

Below a collection of new models getting ready for the next update...

-----------------------------

Your work Henrik...is sorta getting downright eerie!!!   I mean,...they look REAL...real life ships.  Geez!

Mitch