Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Regards to copying files from boats, traffic and effects files P3Dv2.4 to 2.5 - you can do that without problems no need to do the long installation again just remember to get it all with you from one to another - however for the effects wait until I release the fix for P3Dv2.5.

Regards to Mississippi - rivers are quite complicated to do traffic on as ships too easily end on land and coast lines are not very precise - so I don't think it will be included.

Regards to Steam... It is free to try... You can test with one single package to see if it works - and please report - I do not use Steam so no idea.

Thanks for the advice re the fix Henrik, don't rush but it will be appreciated when it arrives.

Looking forward to the new routes as well. What is the best way of keeping track of when they are released, and any subsequent releases? Just monitor this forum?

Ian S

38.jpg

Yes, I will inform here as soon as the updates are released. The next ship package is expected in approx. 3 weeks including the United States, Canada and Greenland

Yes, I will inform here as soon as the updates are released. The next ship package is expected in approx. 3 weeks including the United States, Canada and Greenland

Great news! And thank you!! :clapping:

Good morning

Here is a preliminary fix for the Wake issue in P3Dv2.5 - it is a 30 seconds installation - copy the files to P3Dv2.5 effects folder and overwrite the existing. I have not been able to test it myself as I do still not have P3Dv2.5. It was prepared by Wallydog, but looking through it I think it should work. Please post your comments and eventual screenshots if problems persist.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dvhep4hqvnpn3qq/AABx4W5utEkalGkmBwq0E94oa?dl=0

Notice - this fix is only needed for P3Dv2.5

Now it has also been tested in France without problems so it should be okay - still if you see anything abnormal please report and we will try to fix it.

I have removed the link for the moment - some more testing in France showed that at least for some the problem continued - a bit more testing and we found a solution for all, but now there are 60+ effect files to adjust...

Before going in repair mode I almost finished another model - the Danish frigate Thétis. She is still not in FSX, but that should happen in the next days. And Knud has finished a handful of repaints for the Great Lakes. Images of those will come in the next days.

15022811122716112913021266.jpg

15022811223716112913021286.jpg

I have my waves shooting up 5000ft in the air???

i9 7920X @ 4.7  | MSi x299 Gaming Pro Carbon  | Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti | 32GB DDR4 GSkill 3000mhz | 1 TB Samsung 960 EVO | 3TB Toshiba 7200rpm.

I have my waves shooting up 5000ft in the air???

This is discussed earlier in this forum, the fix is en-route.

Ian S

38.jpg

It will still take a day or two before we are finished with the wake patch for P3Dv2.5 - meanwhile good news for those waiting for shipping for the Great Lakes. Jean-Pierre released his AI models of the Edmund Fitzgerald and the Arthur M. Anderson including the route of the two ships on the night Edmund Fitzgerald disappeared. You can find the files here http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxscen&DLID=189002

Hi Henrik and team, thank you so much for all your effort. I have just installed into FSX Steam Edition and they are fantastic.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Oh Man, I just had a crazy idea, how cool would it be when approacing the Thesis that you have tune in a certain freq on the nav radio when you're within a certain 5 miles radius, or it will start firing at you :-) I'm certain it CAN'T be done, but as I said,,, just a crazy idea :-)

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

New try with the wakes for P3Dv2.5 - you can download the test file here until it becomes available in the file library:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qzf7fbi31y9rcqb/AADPi1iWisxMS9LZj6KYvutka?dl=0

Please let me know your feedback.

Please notice:

This replacement file is only for P3Dv2.5 - it is not needed for earlier versions

It resolves the problem of wakes going into the sky in P3Dv2.5

It does not resolve the problem of a broken appearance of wakes when waves are activated

It does not resolve that a some of my early ships have no wake - that is the result of some of the early models having a negative or a high positive value in the static_cg_height in the sim.cfg - in FSX it is an easy way to adjust the height of the ship in the water, and e.g. make and empty high floating or a heavy model deep in the water. In P3D that does not work well together with the wakes which will either appear too high (flying above the water surface) or too low (invisible below the surface). It can be solved by changing the static_cg_height in the sim.cfg to 1 or 2, but it will change dramatically the appearance of the ships taking some ships almost out of the water and putting other too deep down. The right way to solve it is to recompile the GMAX models, and I will do that once I finish the models for the Great Lakes - it is quite a task not just to recompile but also to test that they are okay.

PS... regards to the shooting back mentioned by Jorn... I am certain it can be done... Just look at Tac Pack... I will not do it as it is not my speciality, but those who can can borrow my original models to make it happen. A similar project is described on sim-outhouse.

I just had to make a quick marine inspection flight along the Jutland east coast in the freshly patched P3D 2.5.12944 (latest hotfix) with the wake fix ...

This is using REX water textures and animations:
P3D_wake_zps1cyhqpwe.jpg

A still picture doesn't really do it justice, it looks much nicer "in motion".

Thank you (again ...) Henrik & Co.! :Applause:

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Guest tymk

I'd also like to give huge thanks to Henrik and the team for this excellent addition to our simming! :Applause: My 'home base' is Diamond Point (2WA1), which has an excellent view on the Strait of Juan de Fuca, and the place simply wouldn't be the same without the shipping traffic.

Tym

+1 

Makes a big difference to my simming experience in P3D. Thanks guys. Lovely models!

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg