Sign in to follow this  
N1G

GA Aircraft - Carenado IMO does not have any competition

Hi, I was looking through quite a bit of payware GA Aircraft and there is no comparison. I looked at 8-10 different companies and they don't come close to Carenado.

This is not true as you know with FSX/P3D.  My primary goal was to compare the VC's, not the exterior model, or any implied flight dynamics.

Am I missing something?

Bob

As far as looks not really

Goran of Leading Edge Simulations did a lovely Beech Duchess and Sundowner - should be over at X Aviation. There's a decent MU-2 as well.

Aerobask has a decent Lancair FG

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Have you looked at RealAir?  Also, Milviz and A2A are stepping in with beautiful planes and deep systems.  While A2A doesn't have the breadth of GA, their quality on what they do have and are doing is substantially superior.  These aren't skins on default functionality.  These are airplanes that have serious depth.  From all indications Milviz's King Air will be far, far superior to Carenado's.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Have you looked at RealAir?  Also, Milviz and A2A are stepping in with beautiful planes and deep systems.  While A2A doesn't have the breadth of GA, their quality on what they do have and are doing is substantially superior.  These aren't skins on default functionality.  These are airplanes that have serious depth.  From all indications Milviz's King Air will be far, far superior to Carenado's.

Someone didn't spot this was a X-Plane thread!  :lol:   ...just kidding Gregg, I didn't at first either.

Someone didn't spot this was a X-Plane thread! :lol: ...just kidding Gregg, I didn't at first either.

There's no :facepalm: so I'll have to settle for :Doh: !

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi, thanks Ryan I will check out these other 3rd party dev's which were not mentioned on the site I was on. thanks.

As far as RealAir, A2A and Milviz, then of course,  if they had something for x-plane but nothing yet. I am well aware of the big guys with FSX and their reputation will move right in with x-plane. I wish they would.

Bob 

I have all of Carenado/Alabeo's X-Plane products, my favourites being the caravan and the C172RG. The quality has recently improved a lot and the V3 versions are fantastic, and IMO, beat the FSX versions. I religiously collect all of their stuff and I'm never disappointed.

If you are only checking the store at x-plane.org, you will be missing out on some other great planes. Look at the Saab over at x-aviation.com, etc.. Additionally, if you like helicopters, Dreamfoil's stuff is absolutely fantastic and (IMO) hasn't yet been beaten. The Bell 407 is beautifully modelled, and the sounds are fantastic.

I also wish RealAir and A2A would start making stuff for X-Plane, but IMO, I think they're missing out and others have and will step up to take their place. Maybe once PMDG is out on X-Plane, some other FSX big players will follow over. 

Hey Tony, thanks for the input. I really like Carenado, but love RealAir and A2A. It's all about the numbers and return on investment. Not sure if the numbers will ever get there for RealAir or A2A to feel comfortable, but it would be nice for sure.

bob

Well, I think the vFlyteAir planes are quite nice as well.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Well, I think the vFlyteAir planes are quite nice as well.

I looked at their planes and although they look pretty good, the VC has some areas that are just not convincing enough.

I looked at their planes and although they look pretty good, the VC has some areas that are just not convincing enough.

Well, in the graphics and sound department they can not quite keep up with Carenado, but they compensate it with their flight behaviour.

Flight Dynamics are important I agree. I guess what I am saying is that I am already pretending I am flying, so it is critical that what I am seeing looks as real as it can be. 

So for me, I'm out with these guys, unless they can improve the reality of the cockpit.

Bob

Well, in the graphics and sound department they can not quite keep up with Carenado, but they compensate it with their flight behaviour.

Do they implement some kind of countermeasure against the exaggerated torque effects in X-Plane? All new releases and all the update v3 versions of Carenado aircraft come with special scripts to fix this long-standing X-Plane bug. As soon as I try a plane from some other developer, I feel like i'm riding a unicycle because I constantly have to compensate with aileron trim and controller input.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Do they implement some kind of countermeasure against the exaggerated torque effects in X-Plane? All new releases and all the update v3 versions of Carenado aircraft come with special scripts to fix this long-standing X-Plane bug. As soon as I try a plane from some other developer, I feel like i'm riding a unicycle because I constantly have to compensate with aileron trim and controller input.

Well, my F33 v3 still has exaggerated torque effect it seems to me, but not what I experienced with the previous version of the same plane. Geez, I thought it had something to do with how the joy and pedals were being managed my XPX. Nice to know it is a bug. You would think that they would have allowed some form of temp adjustment even it it was in the controller/equipment page within the simulator until they were able to get it fixed for good. 

Bob

Do they implement some kind of countermeasure against the exaggerated torque effects in X-Plane? All new releases and all the update v3 versions of Carenado aircraft come with special scripts to fix this long-standing

Well, the Grumman Traveler has, when you start, a much stronger torque effect than the C172 v3, but this was one of several reasons why the traveler never had the remarkable success that the C-172 had It reacts much faster than the C-172 but it had some nasty surprises during start and landing for newbies. So flight schools tended to buy more C-172 while the trainer might have favored the Traveler. In cruise flight the traveler has no torque issues. The Piper Archer III is IMHO one of the planes with the best handling under X-Plane (including v3 Carenados!). A real Piper Archer pilot claimed that this plane now handles exactly like his real plane.

Nice to know it is a bug. You would think that they would have allowed some form of temp adjustment even

Nope, it isn't recognized as a bug, but X-Plane now has tools that allow developers to fine tune their aircrafts with overrides directly..