Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

[Beta Preview] NGX SP1d

Sorry to post again - but will SP1d include triple-click screw like in the 777? (TOGO/AT disc/AP disc)

I don't want pictures! I want the SP :D 

I can agree there, hearing "it'll be done in a week" two weeks in a row, well - thats just annoying

-Robert Millington

Unfortunately no, but now I'm hungry...

It's the lighting. It was dusky in the sim, and I'm not known to use the floods much to add normal white light to the orange glow of the sunset.

Yeah, it's the ENB mod I've had forever. It is dusk at IAD, but part of it is the sunset, and part is the fact that I never really ever use the floods.

Is there a version of this ENB for download? I am looking for one that doesn't crash my FSX every time I want use Fsrecorder or switch items in the popup menus.. 

I think some of us are asking for too much.. The weather radar is a BIG plus in my book, I do agree that an update is necessary for cockpit geometry (mostly the main reason why I stopped flying the NGX), but we should be happy with this update. I am sure PMDG is taking our opinions into consideration, of course. 

Cockpit Shadows in DX10 mode??? Because that would be awesome! Considering how well the shadows in DX10 mode work in my Aerosoft A320

+1, if not in SP1d, then hopefully in SP2?

Barry Friedman

+1, if not in SP1d, then hopefully in SP2?

Everyone saying this clearly hasn't tried the Dx10 fixer... I've used it and it fixed a lot with the game. Its not a lack of shadows in the cockpit, its a lack of the game understanding the windows are there because Dx10 and FSX don't really get along very well. Some aircraft may be designed to work with it, some are not. usually using the Dx10 fixer will make it work with the aircraft that don't work. 

-Robert Millington

Its not a lack of shadows in the cockpit, its a lack of the game understanding the windows are there because Dx10 and FSX don't really get along very well.

I use DX10 Fixer all the time. Steve Parsons says the reason the NGX does not have cockpit shadows is due to the way the VC is modeled:

"the issue with the 737 is the box surrounding the VC. Sit in the VC and move up or right well outside the aircraft and you will see it. Shadows are actually working perfectly – its just that if you were sitting in a aircraft cockpit surrounded by a sealed box everything would be in shadow and that is just what FSX concludes! I think that all that they would need to do is set the FSX material property No Shadow on the box, but at the end of the day its their choice."

So it's up to PMDG. I'm sure there's a good reason they made the model that way, but if it's possible it would be great if they would remove the model parts or change material settings that prevent VC shadows from working.

Barry Friedman

I use DX10 Fixer all the time. Steve Parsons says the reason the NGX does not have cockpit shadows is due to the way the VC is modeled:

"the issue with the 737 is the box surrounding the VC. Sit in the VC and move up or right well outside the aircraft and you will see it. Shadows are actually working perfectly – its just that if you were sitting in a aircraft cockpit surrounded by a sealed box everything would be in shadow and that is just what FSX concludes! I think that all that they would need to do is set the FSX material property No Shadow on the box, but at the end of the day its their choice."

So it's up to PMDG. I'm sure there's a good reason they made the model that way, but if it's possible it would be great if they would remove the model parts or change material settings that prevent VC shadows from working.

Hmm, there would appear to be shadows in the cockpits, proper shadows, of the youtubers and streamers i watch that use the 737NGX - So i don't know, I'll admit, i assumed that it was just something to do with Dx10 and FSX not getting along

-Robert Millington

Question for Kyle?

Why do you use ENB when the Manual clearly advises against the use of 'shaders'?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Is the VC geometry fixed? (distance from glairshield and overhead) that was my Dad's (real 737 pilot) biggest thing about it.

No. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Is the VC geometry fixed? (distance from glairshield and overhead) that was my Dad's (real 737 pilot) biggest thing about it.

Not yet! This will happen with the SP2. 

Question for Kyle?

Why do you use ENB when the Manual clearly advises against the use of 'shaders'?

The manual advises against them because they can cause crashes/freezes. Mine has yet to crash my computer like some of the other ones out there.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that box is there to make the HGS heads up display work, so unless they find another way to do it, I don't think it's going away anytime soon.

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Kyle correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that box is there to make the HGS heads up display work, so unless they find another way to do it, I don't think it's going away anytime soon.

Correct.

By the way "HGS heads up display" is like saying ATM automatic teller machine.  :P

Kyle Rodgers