Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

[Beta Preview] NGX SP1d

As much as i really want SP1D, especially the wx radar. I think we all must remember that the longer we wait now, the better product we will have for the next year or two until another update, hopefully SP2, is released. Almost weekly there are posts saying so and so should be added, in fact even in this thread are still requests, so give PMDG time and you will have better luck getting these things added.

Isn't it better to wait an extra week or two to have extra features for the next two years?

Brendan Wong

As much as i really want SP1D, especially the wx radar. I think we all must remember that the longer we wait now, the better product we will have for the next year or two until another update, hopefully SP2, is released. Almost weekly there are posts saying so and so should be added, in fact even in this thread are still requests, so give PMDG time and you will have better luck getting these things added.

Isn't it better to wait an extra week or two to have extra features for the next two years?

Brendan Wong

Seriously I don't think we get more features. They simply can't do all the things we request.

The build is done and the beta-testers hopfully don't find anything ^_^. Things like "geometry-fix" or SSWs are a SP2 thing. 

BTW: I'm curious what "bugs" they fixed. Because for me, the NGX is working well.

Philipp Schwaegerl

why the hell don't you make these threads Read-only?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Maybe he simply wants to read official information rather than having to wade through hundreds of inane comments.

David Porrett

Current NGX is a very well made aircraft can be lightweight for older computers.
I hope the meteorological radar there is option to enable or not, in the settings.
I'm afraid that NGX turns into something heavy to my computer.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

I hope the meteorological radar there is option to enable or not, in the settings.

Just don't hit the WX button.

Kyle Rodgers

I saw mention about ASN, but what about FSGRW? Will it work?

I'm using it with P3D, so far so good.

About this beta being tested, does it include the build for P3D?

Is this the same build (I mean using double installer)?

I saw mention about ASN, but what about FSGRW? Will it work?

I'm using it with P3D, so far so good.

About this beta being tested, does it include the build for P3D?

Is this the same build (I mean using double installer)?

I thought they have been pretty clear, but the answer is no, only ASN will work. Below is the reason why.

It's an honest question. No blasting.

Basically, other add-ons use either no method of actually finding verified precipitation (their radar is a cloud finder that guesses about precipitation), or it uses a method of finding data in the sim, but that data in the sim is actually rather basic. Neither of these lend well to simulating the most accurate weather and precipitation. ASN sidesteps this issue with their method (I won't do it injustice by attempting to explain it) of forcing weather in the sim while also offering an interface that developers can tap into to see this 3D data.

That's the biggest, part, too. The 3D data is really important. The weather picture is different at different altitudes. What is all green echoes on the ground is completely empty at FL360. And that's how it's supposed to be.

With some of the radar simulations out there, you could be flying through red returns and not see a drop of rain. That's impossible. That's like taking a flashlight in the dark, shining it on a wall, seeing that a wall is there, and then being able to walk through the wall. Either you're in some alternate reality or your simulation of physics is off.

We decided a while back (well PMDG did - I wasn't part of the team back then) that it was going to be realistic or it wasn't going to be added. So far, HiFi is the only group to get a realistic simulation of weather radar (more importantly, the 3D data in the background) with ASN. If others can later then great, but until then, it's just ASN.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Almost four weeks after this weekend and so an update to an estimated time span if everything goes according to plan would be appreciated.

I literally posted this one week ago.

On page 10, I provided an update that we were getting a new test build: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/462076-beta-preview-ngx-sp1d/page-9?p=3179974#entry3179974

Apart from giving a release date (estimate or otherwise), what more can we give you?

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you Mr. Rodgers,

I have read that but by telling me and others that there is a new test build released for Beta Testers, means that you assume that we know how long something like that takes to be completed, then tested. I understand that buyers and future buyers might be frustrating to deal with when it comes to a release date, but that shouldn't be taken negatively but more positively. This is because it tells the developer that these people enjoy your product(s) and can't wait to hear some more and better news. The day will eventually come and hopes are up for the fastest time period possible.

Thanks

Ben

Yes, i really hope that we don´t have to wait much longer. But by the way: you can enjoy the NGX even without the new update^^! Had a flight with this stunning machine today and it was very nice.

I really love my T7, but it´s cool to fly the NGX after a long "777-300ER-Period". There is much more to do in a 737NG cockpit etc.

MAYBE we´ll get this update soon! It would be awesome if PMDG release this SP tonight, but i think that this is just a dream of me ;)  

Is the NGX SP1d being tested with any installations of FS2Crew or Navigraph FMS data packets installed?

Is the NGX SP1d being tested with any installations of FS2Crew or Navigraph FMS data packets installed?

I think so. I think they want integrate it as userfriendly as possible. 

Almost four weeks after this weekend and so an update to an estimated time span if everything goes according to plan would be appreciated.

Soon  :ph34r:

Philipp Schwaegerl

Dear Mr. Kroll,

Since it says greetings from Germany, I assume you speak German? Anyways. Yes I do understand that FSX users can still enjoy the older version of the update and I would totally understand why developers get frustrated when users ask for the update even though they already have a copy from an older version. I do understand that situation and I failed to mention that I only own FSX Steam Edition and X-Plane. So I can't enjoy the bird and am awaiting it ever since FSX was launched by Dovetail Games. That was a mistake. Sorry.

Dear Mr. Schwaegerl,

Probably also a German regioned name. Well I hope soon is sooner than next week but yet again, nothing I can do about it.

Thanks

Ben