Sign in to follow this  
Peter22

Not too happy

First I just jumped to Prepar3D with the ambitious to get better performance/better looking graphics/and more important reduce the chances of Vas memory..... go for my first flight PMDG T777 KSFO (Fsdream) KLAX (Fsdream) here we go .....VAS memory ringing back there not able to complete the flight....lowing down some stuff and noticing that the CPU load AffinityMask [JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=114...not sure is i should use the tool in the FSdream main panel to change to 250 or another value.....the thing is that I still have Vas memory problem and on top of that the structure of P3d has change so many things ...I have so much money  in adds putted away since they can not be installed...yeah I know wait for updates...In this sim business waiting is not a good choice...I  have all Orbx USA packages airports....etc...I am not even considering to install even if they release the update since I got the feeling will impact the memory (I am using W7 64B)....Ohhhh man here we go again...tweaking .....changing...posting .....posting ..spending time searching in forum instead of flying....this is the never end history......I have a pretty decent system...nothing running in windows only P3D...

Waiting for active sky next update..(running in a separate computer)

waiting for Orbx patch...

Ivao doesnt see the install path ( need it to use their MTL) I flight in vatsim with Vpilot

ahhhhhhhhh ....wait ...wait ....

I am taking a break from this ..is just too much......

Pedro

Even though I'm new to this forum I've been around for a while and all I can say is this is exactly what we've been dealing with since the sim released.  Whether it's FSX or P3D you have got to take the time to find out what tweaks and settings work for the addons you have.

You have to find that fine line of making sacrifices to not have the settings to full and lower them some to make the PMDG 777 work.  That aircraft is the best for a reason and it comes with the hassles of VAS issues if you don't lower other settings, etc.  It's the nature of the beast.

I know this may not be the best answer but even the best PC's can't cope.

It's a reality we need to adhere to unfortunately my friend.  I've had to lower settings, tweak, install and uninstall addons and tweak some more.  Go to DX10 and tweak and find out what works best.

I finally came to realize that I absolutely just cannot run the addons I have with everything maxed to full on autogen and fly the PMDG 777 in FSDT airports and expect everything to go perfect and get no VAS problems and 60 fps. 

It's a hard pill to swallow.

It's pretty tiring having to deal with the constant P3D updates that fix one thing and break two new things. On the other hand I don't want to go back to the ancient FSX that was developed in a completely different era, either.

For me, X-Plane has become the sim I fire up when I want to actually fly. No .cfg to edit, no OOM's and no stutters or blurries. I check back at P3D every time a new version comes out, but I'm getting less enthusiastic with each borked update they release. It's sad because the atmosphere at an OrbX airport with a good weather addon and AI package is spectacular.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

lost count of 777 and the words OOM,

Look at other topic to get some idea how to run the 777 within FSX P3D.  

Its possible but at a cost, far more than any other aircraft.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

IMHO I think that TWEAKING is just the problem!! Why can´t you just use the sim "as-is", using the sliders in the sim for "tweaking" and just quit tweaking the cfg-file. It seems that 99% of all tweakers only mess up the sim and performance, because they don´t kow what they are doing. The "[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=114" has proven (read 100-reds of postings on the net) to just mess things up because people doesn´t seem to understand what it does.

I run my 2.5 "out of the box" and just test different settings for the sliders and it runs like a dream EVEN with PMDG 777.  :lol: But I guess some people never learn and every time they see a posted tweak on the net, they have to add it to their .cfg even if the don´t understand anything.

I guess ORBX and their developers can be called "gurus" and they should know what works best with their scereries. Try this link, you might cange your mind about tweeaking. It should be valid also for P3D.  :rolleyes: 

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/9946-the-super-duper-ultimate-tweak-get-the-best-smoothness-and-performance-in-fsx/

Jack

then Swede in Spain

Yes Jack P3d is not FSX

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

IMHO I think that TWEAKING is just the problem!! Why can´t you just use the sim "as-is", using the sliders in the sim for "tweaking" and just quit tweaking the cfg-file. It seems that 99% of all tweakers only mess up the sim and performance, because they don´t kow what they are doing. The "[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=114" has proven (read 100-reds of postings on the net) to just mess things up because people doesn´t seem to understand what it does.

I run my 2.5 "out of the box" and just test different settings for the sliders and it runs like a dream EVEN with PMDG 777.  :lol: But I guess some people never learn and every time they see a posted tweak on the net, they have to add it to their .cfg even if the don´t understand anything.

I guess ORBX and their developers can be called "gurus" and they should know what works best with their scereries. Try this link, you might cange your mind about tweeaking. It should be valid also for P3D.  :rolleyes: 

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/9946-the-super-duper-ultimate-tweak-get-the-best-smoothness-and-performance-in-fsx/

Jack

then Swede in Spain

I have to disagree with this post.  Just having the PMDG 777 with the top payware scenery and mesh addons almost REQUIRES you to tweak the fsx.cfg and atleast have HIGHMEMFIX=1 which isn't in there when you install the sim. Don't get me started on the BufferPools tweak as well, that horse has been beaten to death and back again. :)

Also let's not get into the entire DX10 tweak because that improves performance in a pretty big way not only with FPS but with VAS usage as well.  You can't just turn on DX10 like you're flipping the APU on.  You have to use Steve's DX10 Tweaker or you will have problems.

I'm confused. This is the P3D forum and some of the comments are clearly only for FSX --DX10, Steve's fixer, fsx.cfg. The OP topic is issues with the PMDG 777 in P3DV2.5, not FSX.

I am running P3Dv2.5 and the ONLY change I have made to the p3d.cfg is to change the UseGlobalTerrainView=False to True. P3DV2.5 runs beautifully on my system with no other tweaks added. Agree with Jack on the pitfalls of trying all the tweaks that folks think will work in P3D because it helped in FSX.

Lyn

It's pretty tiring having to deal with the constant P3D updates that fix one thing and break two new things. On the other hand I don't want to go back to the ancient FSX that was developed in a completely different era, either.

For me, X-Plane has become the sim I fire up when I want to actually fly. No .cfg to edit, no OOM's and no stutters or blurries. I check back at P3D every time a new version comes out, but I'm getting less enthusiastic with each borked update they release. It's sad because the atmosphere at an OrbX airport with a good weather addon and AI package is spectacular.

As you say, the ORBX airport scenario is spectacular.  And that's exactly what I'm using after being away from flight simulation for nearly two years. I'm recreating the atmosphere and flying areas, in which I enjoyed with my real plane. Northern Idaho, Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, Montana, farther south, etc.  This is GREAT, and I haven't even ventured to P3D yet.  Using for RealAir Lancair Legacy for hopping to airports. It's a scenic wonderland!

Not leaving X-Plane out either. Just picked up some new airplanes, and re-downloaded some I've previously used. It's great flying in it's own way, especially the mountain areas. But one point I want to make, is that with my new computer system ( 980 card), the flying is exceptionally smooth in both sims, unless I hit them both with everything possible.  As of now, I haven't even got into over clocking, cfg edits, and so on.

Note: My wife loved flying the Mountain West in our Van's RV6A with a sliding canopy, leather seats, and XM stereo radio. I can't convince her to pull up a chair to my desktop monitor......yet.

Pedro, two important things about the 777 in P3D, max. texture size 1024 and no preload of sounds in 777 options menu.

While I was testing (and admiring this piece of art, PMDG777) parked on T2G Doha, with 2 traffic add-ons running simultaneous (UT2 & WOAI) and ASN weather (same theme) I came to the above conclusion.

With 2048 textures and sound pre-load, remaining free VAS 0.7G

With 1024 texture size and no sound preload, remaining VAS 1.4G

In flight (over FT Dubai) the VAS dropped a little but further out over the sea it recovered to 1.4G again. I now feel confident to do the whole flight to Hong Kong :)

greetz,

Also folks, if you aren't already doing this, STOP loading ALL your scenery at once.  Use scenery configurator or other like minded program (even just Notepad) and turn off everything that is not going to be on your flight route.  Takes less than 2 minutes for me to get things ready to fly.   Turn of all those airports you aren't going to.  Are you flying in the US?  Turn off all of Africa/Europe/Asia.   Flying Photoreal and ORBX FTX Global?  Turn one or the other off for your flight.

I have had ONE OOM ding in P3D since I started using it in version 2.3.   I think to many people install all these airport addons/scenery packages and just leave them running when they are never going to see them in their flight.   The simulator STILL loads all that stuff up to some degree.

Ask yourself the tough questions too;  I'm in a 777 flying around the world at 41000 feet.  Do I really even NEED FTX Global running for this flight?   Do I really need 4096 textures in my cockpit?   Do I need 500 miles of cloud draw distance turned on?

When you accept that you can't have it all on at once and learn to clean up your sim before each flight you will start flying more and fretting less.

PS:  The one Ding of doom I had.. didn't crash my sim.   I made it to the gate, closed the flight plan, registered the flight with my VA and exited the game in time.   It was a close call.  I have learned that 3-4 hour flights are the best I can do with the level of detail I have and I am unwilling to give up.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

"I have to disagree with this post.  Just having the PMDG 777 with the top payware scenery and mesh addons almost REQUIRES you to tweak the fsx.cfg and atleast have HIGHMEMFIX=1 which isn't in there when you install the sim."

I read this post #6 :

HIGHMEMFIX and P3D
http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?261471-HIGHMEMFIX-and-P3D

It was used in P3D v1.0, 1.2, and 1.3. It is still "read" in v1.4, but is ignored entirely as it is no longer used or required. Anyone running v1.4 and claims that it "helps" is suffering from the "Placebo Effect..."

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I have to disagree with this post.  Just having the PMDG 777 with the top payware scenery and mesh addons almost REQUIRES you to tweak the fsx.cfg and atleast have HIGHMEMFIX=1 which isn't in there when you install the sim. Don't get me started on the BufferPools tweak as well, that horse has been beaten to death and back again. :)

Also let's not get into the entire DX10 tweak because that improves performance in a pretty big way not only with FPS but with VAS usage as well.  You can't just turn on DX10 like you're flipping the APU on.  You have to use Steve's DX10 Tweaker or you will have problems.

This is the P3D forum

"I have to disagree with this post.  Just having the PMDG 777 with the top payware scenery and mesh addons almost REQUIRES you to tweak the fsx.cfg and atleast have HIGHMEMFIX=1 which isn't in there when you install the sim."

I read this post #6 :

HIGHMEMFIX and P3D

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?261471-HIGHMEMFIX-and-P3D

It was used in P3D v1.0, 1.2, and 1.3. It is still "read" in v1.4, but is ignored entirely as it is no longer used or required. Anyone running v1.4 and claims that it "helps" is suffering from the "Placebo Effect..."

Hush Vaughn! If their mind is made up, do NOT confuse them with facts.

:)

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Pedro, two important things about the 777 in P3D, max. texture size 1024 and no preload of sounds in 777 options menu.

While I was testing (and admiring this piece of art, PMDG777) parked on T2G Doha, with 2 traffic add-ons running simultaneous (UT2 & WOAI) and ASN weather (same theme) I came to the above conclusion.

With 2048 textures and sound pre-load, remaining free VAS 0.7G

With 1024 texture size and no sound preload, remaining VAS 1.4G

In flight (over FT Dubai) the VAS dropped a little but further out over the sea it recovered to 1.4G again. I now feel confident to do the whole flight to Hong Kong :)

greetz,

Hummmm I will give that a try soon I get home today...and NOT I am not going back to FSX...neither FSX ES ...no way...I am fighting this to the end....AffinityMask was not there ....it was loaded after I installed Fsdream airports...

So I should leaveAffinityMask=114 as default?...

Thanks

Pedro