Sign in to follow this  
alexzar14

Transparency just above the autopilot area.

Guys I have a "hole" in the cockpit just above the autopilot, please advise.

The problem isn't there when you load the aircraft, but when you lower the eye point (I lower it because on the 737 and Airbus-X it is too high) I start seeing this "hole" being developed (on NGX only).

Guys I have a "hole" in the cockpit just above the autopilot, please advise.

The problem isn't there when you load the aircraft, but when you lower the eye point (I lower it because on the 737 and Airbus-X it is too high) I start seeing this "hole" being developed (on NGX only).

It's not a hole. It is an open space below the right side wind shield wipers. If your viewpoint is high you will not see the open space. As you lower the viewpoint  the angle between wipers and your eyes become less and at lower angles you will see that gap. It's normal. 

you sure about  that am flying the ngx  now  and it sure looks like  a folder  on where you put your folders or what ever in as post 4  has suggested

That is the Glareshield <pick one>

1. paper checklist stowage.

2. other document stowage.

Real aircraft doesn't have a gaping hole, otherwise the document would slip out, defeating its purpose.

Brian Nellis.

Real aircraft doesn't have a gaping hole, otherwise the document would slip out, defeating its purpose.

Brian Nellis.

Exactly my thoughts, why was it made hollow ended on the opposite side...

By the way, not to start a new thread, how do you bring up a VSD? I see it in the manual but I don't see how this is being brought up.

Yes I'm a slow learner because of time limitations... -)

By the way, not to start a new thread, how do you bring up a VSD? I see it in the manual but I don't see how this is being brought up.

737 FCOM 10.15.3

That depends on the line number, really. Some aircraft have the bottom of the document pouch completely closed, others have openings in the bottom, on the sides.

Brian Nellis.

What I said....http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?287522-737NGX-transparency-just-above-the-autopilot-area