Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

Is it FSX or P3D?  Are you getting any of the decompile errors in AIMonitor mentioned above by others?  Does this happen at a monitored airport with the generic patterns option or using SID/STAR/Approach files?  

MS FSX. I don't remember get any decompile errors that the others have seen. Happens when I start FSX at an airport using SID/STAR/Approach files. Will email you some of my files.

Anthony Cacciatore

Since HF 8 aicontroller.exe crahes always at me; seems to happen after reading the taxi_graph.txt.

Sorry for the bad news

Dietmar

Thanks for sending me your taxi_graph.txt file.  I was able to replicate the bug.  Turns out a "fix" in HF8 was the problem.  The "fix" used a new way to detect whether the primary runway designator lined up with the direction of the runway waypoint links (someone asks...wouldn't the primary runway designator always line up with the link direction in FSX scenery??  I wish.   :rolleyes: ).  Anyway, the detection method should be fixed along with some other problems (wind direction not adding properly, AI tending to appear motionless).  Some other tweaks....go-around AI will no retract gear.

Can you (and anyone who reported the bugs described above) give the test version a try:  http://www.mediafire.com/download/aa6habvdoscraah/AIController14BOnlyHF8Test.zip

Installed HF8Test  FSX OPUS Weather

Forced RW Update prior to launching FSX

No CTD every loads and runs.  The only issue: while watching traffic at PANC (Aerosoft), inbound traffic being diverted to RW 32/14.  PANC has 33/15. Aircraft circle for a while then land RW 33 against outbound traffic. Did not have that issue before as far as i can tell.  Thanks

AIM still crashes for me soon after starting it.

Forced RW Update prior to launching FSX
No CTD every loads and runs.  The only issue: while watching traffic at PANC (Aerosoft), inbound traffic being diverted to RW 32/14.  PANC has 33/15. Aircraft circle for a while then land RW 33 against outbound traffic. Did not have that issue before as far as i can tell.  Thanks

Good to read....thanks.  

Were the winds light or variable at PANC?  Sometimes the landing runways change around as AIController tries to figure out what runways FSX is using for the airport (and sometimes FSX flip-flops around in this type of weather).  I won't have to "follow" FSX's lead when I add support for taxi-out and departure.  For best results in these type of light wind conditions (below 5 kts) use the force landing runway.

Does AIController crash soon after reading the taxi_graph.txt file?  I sort of hope it is frankly because that type of bug is fairly easy to replicate.  If so, please email me the taxi_graph.txt file (and your AIControllerPath.txt) to AIController2 (at) gmail.com .

Still the same for me too  ^_^

Controller now runs fine. It's the AI Monitor program that quickly crashes with HF8. No error message, just a box to send a report to Microsoft.

Just a quick comment on AI Taxiing in to park.

I have just completed a 5 hour flight from YMML to YPDN.

When I arrived Gate 3 was vacant and nothing else on the ground but a couple in the pattern to land.

An AI followed me in and was assigned Gate 2 showing as much on AiMonitor.

The AI taxied toward gate 2 then for some unknown reason was reassigned to Gate 3 where I was already parked. 

After a pirouette worthy of the Bolshoi the AI stopped behind me but subsequently was deleted. 

I have noticed the AI is very slow to leave the runway at various other ports of call and appears frequently to be undecided when turning.

I did notice this reassigment a couple of days ago at NZAA where an AI was assigned to Gate 4 approached the Gate and suddenly turned on it's axis and headed for Gate 32 backtracking down a couple of taxiways in the process.

Edit: Another AI has just done the exact same thing - assigned to gate 2 then changed to gate 3.

Good to read....thanks.  

Were the winds light or variable at PANC?  Sometimes the landing runways change around as AIController tries to figure out what runways FSX is using for the airport (and sometimes FSX flip-flops around in this type of weather).  I won't have to "follow" FSX's lead when I add support for taxi-out and departure.  For best results in these type of light wind conditions (below 5 kts) use the force landing runway.

The winds were gusty and i believe 270.  The runway selection of 32/14 was my concern. PANC does not have RW 32/14 they have 33/15, 7R/25L, 7L/25R. 

Thanks for sending me your taxi_graph.txt file. I was able to replicate the bug. Turns out a "fix" in HF8 was the problem.

Glad to help to get a step forward. I've just tried HF8-test, and no aicontroller.exe-crash occured so far.

But next issue: Now FSX crashes at  "Moduls: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\window.dll"

Please let me know, if You need more information again, to help finding the bug.

Thanks

Dietmar

It's the AI Monitor program that quickly crashes with HF8. No error message, just a box to send a report to Microsoft.

Got it, probably a file read (of a config file at startup).  I'll upload a test version soon that should be able to isolate the error and provide more information.

The runway selection of 32/14 was my concern. PANC does not have RW 32/14 they have 33/15, 7R/25L, 7L/25R. 

Ahh....the FSX airport data only had runway 32, but your latest nav data has runway 33.  That is, the runway heading has change since FSX stock.  The program is supposed to recognize this situation and assign runway 32 so the AI lands.  If you're using an add-on PANC scenery that has up-to-date runways, make sure to run a "force runway update".

An AI followed me in and was assigned Gate 2 showing as much on AiMonitor.

The AI taxied toward gate 2 then for some unknown reason was reassigned to Gate 3 where I was already parked. 

The program has a function to check if an AI was inserted into the gate while the other AI is taxiing to the same assigned gate.  If an AI is inserted, the program reassigns the taxi-in AI a new gate.  However, it isn't supposed to reassign the gate to the user's gate.  Also, it seems like no AI was inserted to begin with.  I'll take a look at it, but right now I'm leaning toward deleting this function entirely as I don't think it is worth the trouble.

Glad to help to get a step forward. I've just tried HF8-test, and no aicontroller.exe-crash occured so far.

But next issue: Now FSX crashes at  "Moduls: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\window.dll"

Please let me know, if You need more information again, to help finding the bug.

Thanks

Dietmar

That's a new one.  What was the exception code and was the faulting module FSX?  Windows.dll is for window drawing functions (e.g., maximize).  Have you installed any new video card drivers? 

Have you installed any new video card drivers?

No, here all event-information :

Protokollname: Application

Quelle:        Application Error

Datum:         28.05.2015 15:49:11

Ereignis-ID:   1000

Aufgabenkategorie:(100)

Ebene:         Fehler

Schlüsselwörter:Klassisch

Benutzer:      Nicht zutreffend

Computer:      dt-PC

Beschreibung:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: fsx.exe, Version: 10.0.61472.0, Zeitstempel: 0x475e17d3

Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: window.dll, Version: 10.0.61472.0, Zeitstempel: 0x475e180e

Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005

Fehleroffset: 0x0000bef3

ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1f30

Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d0994b9d227b07

Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\window.dll

Berichtskennung: 51182dfd-0540-11e5-8f42-902b3437ee28

Ereignis-XML:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-05-28T13:49:11.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>35522568</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>dt-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>fsx.exe</Data>

<Data>10.0.61472.0</Data>

<Data>475e17d3</Data>

<Data>window.dll</Data>

<Data>10.0.61472.0</Data>

<Data>475e180e</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>0000bef3</Data>

<Data>1f30</Data>

<Data>01d0994b9d227b07</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\window.dll</Data>

<Data>51182dfd-0540-11e5-8f42-902b3437ee28</Data>

I have also loaded the TestHF8. It's looking good so far, Roland. There are only some minor glitches.

Edit: Another AI has just done the exact same thing - assigned to gate 2 then changed to gate 3.

Hehe, same thing, LAN flight 600 from SPIM landed at KLAX 25L, taxied to TBIT southside, but went around and taxied to TBIT northside. It's making me laugh so hard *LOL*

Another thing, most flight are being stuck at the airport as there will be no following departures assigned. In the Traffic Explorer, those planes appears with questionsmarks ? ? ? ? ?. I already have sent you a screenshot, Roland.

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero

Ahh....the FSX airport data only had runway 32, but your latest nav data has runway 33.  That is, the runway heading has change since FSX stock.  The program is supposed to recognize this situation and assign runway 32 so the AI lands.  If you're using an add-on PANC scenery that has up-to-date runways, make sure to run a "force runway update".

I did run "force...." prior to using HF8Fix and ran it again.  Still reading the stock afcad for PANC.  Other programs FSC etc are using the correct 15/33.