Sign in to follow this  
deetee

Soon time to potter about in the Otter

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In the meantime you can use Pedro's excellent free Otter. Not all systems work but hey I don't know that aircraft but still love flying it. It has an excellent 3d pit.

In the meantime you can use Pedro's excellent free Otter. Not all systems work but hey I don't know that aircraft but still love flying it. It has an excellent 3d pit.

Yup I've been using Pedro's up to now and very good it is too, but Rob's new Otter has a rather nice VC which has me salivating.

Great as always to have a choice of quality payware and freeware!

:-0 I just learned about this the other day and now I find out it'll be released sooner rather than later.  Wow instant buy for me.

It really looks very fine.

Great cockpit.

Forgive me for giving two comments, based on screenshots seen on ASN.

Wing struts need attention ( looking a bit Playmobil-like now) as do the spaces around the exhaust-pipes ( give a look trough the nacelles )

First thing I'd do would be to rough up the panel a bit - too new and clean.  But that's easy enough to do on you own.  Beautiful bird!

It really looks very fine.

Great cockpit.

Forgive me for giving two comments, based on screenshots seen on ASN.

Wing struts need attention ( looking a bit Playmobil-like now) as do the spaces around the exhaust-pipes ( give a look trough the nacelles )

I'm sure Rob would appreciate your feedback Leen, you should drop a note in the developer thread (link above).

The promotional video is quite artistic but I would have preferred to hear what the engines sound like rather than the music tinkling away. Awaiting reviews before considering a purchase, but it does look cool.

Yep, it appeared yesterday. If anyone has it already, then please do post your thoughts and screenies :smile:

I have to say so far I like it.  Visually the cockpit is gorgeous and it flies nice but for me the sounds are rather lacking.  Granted I have never heard one from the outisde ( was in one for skydiving but I was too excited to notice) but the prop noise sounds off to me.  It sounds kind of muddled, not as crisp as I would've thought.  Again maybe it's supposed to sound that way but it just sounds odd to me.  That aside I really enjoyed the test flight I gave it.  Now I need to find some challenging airports for her!

I'm on the fence... Indeed that observation made by Leen about the wing strut is a good one, it looks too thin, but not a show stopper when I look at those VC screenshots, look similar to Aerosoft quality there.

Think I'll hold off on this as well. Shame as I love the twotter but too many small details missing at the moment.