Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

KAMA - Rick Husband International Released

Most definitely will have to be a Saturday or Sunday.  It's the only two days I have free.

same here

Mitchell Haughee

Hi Brian,

Well done on KAMA v2. Very nice, but the LDA22 is still missing the glide slope.  :(

Hi Brian,

Well done on KAMA v2. Very nice, but the LDA22 is still missing the glide slope.  :(

*faceplants*   You are right.   I small update will be released tomorrow.   The problem is that the charts for the airport doesn't show a full ILS system in place for that runway but ADE only gives you the choice of doing one of two things;    LOC/DME  or ILS/DME.    unless LDA/DME is just another name for ILS/DME there is no way for me to be 100% accurate on how that end of the runway works.   I had it set for LOC/DME which provides no Glidescope.    I have set it to ILS/DME.   And set the glidescope where the transmitter shack is located.   So you should get fairly accurate approaches but I don't think that runway allows fully automated lands like the ILS 4 approach.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

So you should get fairly accurate approaches but I don't think that runway allows fully automated lands like the ILS 4 approach.

Nor should it.

Not surprising that ADE doesn't quite know how to handle this approach.  There aren't that many LDA approaches and there are even fewer that include glideslope information.  It's the exception (to the exception), not the rule.

BTW, finally had a chance to DL, install and do a quick flight in the area.  Well done, sir and thanks!

Scott

Nor should it.

Not surprising that ADE doesn't quite know how to handle this approach.  There aren't that many LDA approaches and there are even fewer that include glideslope information.  It's the exception (to the exception), not the rule.

BTW, finally had a chance to DL, install and do a quick flight in the area.  Well done, sir and thanks!

Scott

So I guess we have to error on the side of FULL ILS approach then for this runway.     

Thanks!  It was a lot of fun making it!    I am working on several more including a payware KDAL-Dallas Love coming out hopefully around Christmas time.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Thanks!  It was a lot of fun making it!    I am working on several more including a payware KDAL-Dallas Love coming out hopefully around Christmas time.

Great job!!! And really looking forward to a KDAL!!!

Brian,

I would just place the glideslope feather at the "checkered shack" library object that is already in the scenery.

My understanding is to fly the LDA as for an ILS until the missed approach point, then visually align with the runway. If the runway is not visual at that point, follow the missed approach procedure.

Brian,

I would just place the glideslope feather at the "checkered shack" library object that is already in the scenery.

My understanding is to fly the LDA as for an ILS until the missed approach point, then visually align with the runway. If the runway is not visual at that point, follow the missed approach procedure.

Yeah, I did.   I'll release the patch today when I get home from work.

100454.png

Brian Navy

So if you're coming late to this party, do you need to d/load all six files, or will version 2.6 get you the full monty?

So if you're coming late to this party, do you need to d/load all six files, or will version 2.6 get you the full monty?

There should be only one file in the AVSIM library and it is labelled version 2.0.    Unpack the contents to your add-on scenery folder then activate in your Scenery.cfg file.

100454.png

Brian Navy

Thanks Brian,

it is a good addition to KSPS Shepard AFB :) Looks like short jet fighter hops ;)

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg