Sign in to follow this  
byork

NGX Reboot is under development!

First off I want to say thanks for sharing progress and features on the new product with us and also, I find it fantastic that a developer is listening and answering suggested features. For that alone I will be upgrading to reboot even though I just bought fs2crew recently.

In regards to the single engine taxi procedure (saw the facebook post) will this include taxi out, or only taxi in one engine procedures? Thanks!

Bryan

Great to hear about NGX Reboot. It's good to see the product being developed further. The current version has seen plenty of use by me. Looking forward to it.

Thanks

Peter

Can we possibly add a command "set heading present heading"? This would be helpful when flying LNAV segments of the route, it's good practice to set your heading as a dual redundancy in case of LNAV failure just as setting actual VOR's in the NAV when flying off the FMS. IT's a lot easier to use that phrase than to look and say the exact heading.

Does anyone know how to to the manual install while we are waiting for the reboot ? Is it only modifying the panel.cfg ?

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

has already been any releasedate announced ?

No, we can't give one because we have to rely on voice actors, and sometimes they're late.

But the code is almost done.

You'll really like Reboot... I think it's a lot better than the old NGX version.

No, we can't give one because we have to rely on voice actors, and sometimes they're late.

But the code is almost done.

You'll really like Reboot... I think it's a lot better than the old NGX version.

I only got the current NGX version around January. Will there be an option to upgrade?

Hi Bryan,

While you're being at it :P ... Would it be possible to prevent FS2Crew Reboot from resetting both the transponder code and the CFG settings for PWR/AIR SRC once you arrive at the gate? In the current version, as soon as you shut down both engines and answer the call by the ground crew, the transponder resets to 2000 and the PWR/AIR SRC resets to APU, regardless what was selected before. So, in order to have the ground crew connect the GPU, you need to open the CFG panel and select EXT/AC first, before you can issue the "Please connect the GPU now" command.

It would be really great if these two settings were kept as they are during the entire "stay on board"

I'm looking forward to Reboot!!!

Thanks and best regards,

Stefan

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

Hi,

Actually it would be great if the GPU and external commands were non conditional, I mean if you could request them on and off regardless the options of the cfg like it seems to be the case for the B777 (I can request them on ground even when APU is selected as an option.)

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

transponder resets to 2000

Why wouldn't you want the transponder reset?

Actually it would be great if the GPU and external commands were non conditional, I mean if you could request them on and off regardless the options of the cfg like it seems to be the case for the B777 (I can request them on ground even when APU is selected as an option.)

Reboot does that already.

The ground equipment handling is much easier... basically you just select what you want in the Approach Brief, and the ground crew will automatically connect it for you when you park.

That's generally the way it's done in the real world anyway.

There's also a separate page to handle ground connections.

Why wouldn't you want the transponder reset?

Because when flying online on IVAO, you are normally assigned an individual squawk code. This makes sure that your callsign is displayed in the aircraft label on the radar screens (even when the transponder is in Standby), which is really handy (from the ATC point of view, that is). Setting transponder codes of 1200, 2000 and 7000, however, will make your callsign disappear from the label. Instead, the transponder code will be displayed.

I know that by the time FS2Crew sets the transponder, you are parked at the gate. But being a TWR/GND controller on IVAO myself, I can really say that it would help a lot on busy aprons, if arriving aircraft kept their callsign in the label until they disconnect from IVAO.

Not a big deal, of course. I was just thinking you might consider it now that you're recoding tons of stuff anyway...  :Big Grin:

Oh, and thanks for the news on ground crew handling. Sounds excellent.

Best regards,

Stefan

Edited by SKeller

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png