Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[03MAR15] PMDG's First Product for XPlane...

YES! Exactly. Simming must be a challenge for me, i love the feeling of total overload. and with my lack of knowledge i am pretty fast reaching my borders and trying to push them.

Take the a2a b377. lots to do, great fun, a lovely-ugly plane. or the GA planes of the same brand. or the psx 747 (with a great failure system).

the dc6 will be a perfect match - for me & thanks.

PMDG ask that all users sign their posts with their full name, thanks.

Nope.

Two separate planes. There's a post here on the forum with the one we modeled up for sale in the same livery.

Thanks for the clarification Kyle.  The Namibian/house livery scheme is a beautiful paintjob.  I suppose its too early to start a DC-6 livery request thread, looking forward to the 50s mainline civil/military schemes as well as some of the current schemes ie Buffalo Airways, Everts Air Cargo, Red Bull, Waterbomber liverys.

Cheers

TJ

OK, my very first reaction about this DC6 was a big disappointment. But since it has been explained that the first project would not be any of the most expected 737NG, 747 or 777 we had to expect such an older prop-liner. By the way: it looks beautiful!

I first was thinking that i would never purchase any aircraft like that since i only like modern aircrafts but now i have to say: i will support the further developpment of PMDG on the X-Plane-plattform and i thank them for their great work! I really look forward to the future. Well done guys! :good:

Franz

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

Thanks for the clarification Kyle.  The Namibian/house livery scheme is a beautiful paintjob.  I suppose its too early to start a DC-6 livery request thread, looking forward to the 50s mainline civil/military schemes as well as some of the current schemes ie Buffalo Airways, Everts Air Cargo, Red Bull, Waterbomber liverys.

It definitely is a nice looking plane. That's for sure!

I'm imagining those will all get done. I know one of them might not, but I'll leave it up to RSR to break that news later.

Kyle Rodgers

It definitely is a nice looking plane. That's for sure!

I'm imagining those will all get done. I know one of them might not, but I'll leave it up to RSR to break that news later.

Hmm I would guess the Red Bull.

Thank you PMDG!!!

For me this is like Easter and Christmas falling on the same day ;-)

I like propliners and I like PMDG's quality and as a relatively new X-Plane user (10.32) I cannot wait to purchase that beautiful plane and take it for a circuit around my favorite airport.....

You are on the right track, PMDG!!!

Juergen

Juergen Vollmer

Flight sim enthusiast and real life pilot

Thank you PMDG!!!

For me this is like Easter and Christmas falling on the same day ;-)

I like propliners and I like PMDG's quality and as a relatively new X-Plane user (10.32) I cannot wait to purchase that beautiful plane and take it for a circuit around my favorite airport.....

You are on the right track, PMDG!!!

Juergen

I like propliners too. 

Hope to see this Baby come to PMDG soon!!!

DSC_0469%20L-1049G%20Super%20Constellati

^^^^^what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^  One of the coolest prop planes ever, The Connie!!

With all these knobs, im hoping the PMDG DC-6B will have scroll wheel support!

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

I like propliners too. 

Hope to see this Baby come to PMDG soon!!!

DSC_0469%20L-1049G%20Super%20Constellati

You wish!!  (me too!!)  Let's all buy 10 copies of the 6 !  :rolleyes:

Jan

Oh yeah, I could not agree more, as the Connie is still the most beautiful plane ever produced! It also was the first airliner I ever came close to when our school class visited Frankfurt/Main airport in 1957 or 58 and a Lufthansa Starliner was parked on the tarmac. we were allowed to climb in and since then I am in love with this plane....

The DC-6B and then DC-7 were strong competitors of the Constellations and they all deserve to live on in the simulated skies!!!

For many it may just be too demanding to fly those old ladies and they prefer modern computerized aircraft to simply push buttons and let the AI do the rest.

These older birds require airmanship and piloting skills, the full attention of the crew and so on. That is exactly what I like and I will always prefer them over any modern jet (with the exception of the Concorde, but again that is not really "modern"...).

So, THANK YOU, PMDG, and please give us more of these planes for the X-Plane platform!

I do not think you will regret the investment....

A great weekend to all.

Juergen Vollmer

Juergen Vollmer

Flight sim enthusiast and real life pilot

These older birds require airmanship and piloting skills, the full attention of the crew and so on.

Especially dead reckoning will give some "children of the magenta" some significant astonishment in the face descending through clouds and being at about the expected position even without the FMC's accuracy...

Children of Magenta :

Not only am I happy for the plane I am also happy to read here that there are other virt. pilots that enjoy the same process I do.

I remember reading about a guy that spent no time flight planning, jumps into his T7 takes off, pressed a button and then goes to do something else until time to land.

Personally I could not see the fun in it but understand we are all different. Basically you are just there to taxi and program an FMC.

I look forward to an AC I have to study (more than a week) to fly. I look forward to not using the included GPS and planning a flight.

While flying I want to stay busy, monitoring systems, reading charts, using timers, dialing in the radios, watching for weather and traffic, understanding airspace and procedures.

Ashamed that we are a niche and not a stronger force that more planes of this complexity are a valuable investment for developers. I think if people would spend more time learning they would appreciate what they have and not worry so much about getting more and more addons since they are taking time to be a better pilot.

Rob Hollis

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"