Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

What's included in the NGX Reboot?

Hi Bryan,

are you able to elaborate on all the features you're planning on implementing into the ngx reboot?

I ask this as I have a short list of things I'd like to request but don't want to pre-empt what you're already planning on.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Hi Bryan,

are you able to elaborate on all the features you're planning on implementing into the ngx reboot?

I ask this as I have a short list of things I'd like to request but don't want to pre-empt what you're already planning on.

Here's a partial list (disclaimer, all is subject to change until release).

1. We have a new 737 consultant pilot, real-world Captain.  So the procedures, callouts and checklists have all changed.  Some of the changes are major.  Some are minor.

Our new 737 consultant pilot is a big Flightsim fan who likes the PMDG NGX, so he's pretty passionate about making Reboot as realistic as possible.

2. Emergency NGX functionality is built in right out of the box.  That's a pretty massive value right there for anyone who doesn't own Emergency NGX.

3. Since so many of the procedures and callouts have changed, we have to re-record the entire voice set.  This is actually the hardest part of making an FS2Crew.  Writing code is easy.  Mustering voice actors from all over the world and getting them to submit work on time is not  B)

4. The in game GUI may be revamped with the goal of making the panel smaller, and the huge list of CFG options (like many of the airline specific options we had in the 777) may be moved over to the Config Manager which runs outside of FSX.  I'm still debating this one.

5. The old NGX's Config Options, especially as they pertained to ground handling with the GSU, GPU and Air Start Cart, were really complex.  I've taken steps to simply that as much as possible by making the FO smarter and better able to read what's going on inside the aircraft without you have to make complex CFG selections.

6. A lot of other little stuff.  The NGX is now around 3 years old.  I've learned a lot in 3 years, and the results of that will show.

7. Full installer and Config Manager support for MS FSX, Steam FSX and Prepar 3D.

Important:  We still want to add more airline specific options.  If any of fly the NG for a paycheck, please PM me.

Thanks Bryan.

1. Can I ask if you can try to ensure that the commands we give the FO in the NGX mirror those in the PMDG 777? There are subtle differences in text between them relating to the same actions. Would be good to streamline them so that those of us hovering between both the NGX & 777 have a smoother transition.

eg: PMDG 777 - Flight Directors ON (OFF)    NGX - Select Flight Director ON (OFF)

PMDG 777 - Strobes ON (OFF)                NGX - Select Strobes ON (OFF)

2. If we could ask to have the increased FO functionality from the PMDG 777 brought across to the NGX - eg: Display Weather on my side, Display Stations on my side.

3. Have the FO calibrate the barometers according to region just like you did with the PMDG 777 (ie USA = inches, Australia = Hectopascals)

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

I have got a request if it's not to late.

one of the things I found annoying in the current version was the fact that the FO doesn't set the Minimum(s) D-Hight Altitude on the Baro/Radio dial.

I would like to request if possible that the FO (as an option) would set / dial the Minimums / D-Hight  during the descend / approach checklist based on the number set in Approach briefing.

for me it's a great help as most of my flights are NDB, VOR, Visual approach with very high elevation.

Do you know how painful it is to dial on the MCP Baro D-Hight  to 7800ft?

It's mush easier on the FS2Crew descend briefing.

9iybf5.jpg

2hz08q1.jpg

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Brilliant Bryan!

Looking forward to it.

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

I have got a request if it's not to late.
one of the things I found annoying in the current version was the fact that the FO doesn't set the Minimum(s) D-Hight Altitude on the Baro/Radio dial.
I would like to request if possible that the FO (as an option) would set / dial the Minimums / D-Hight  during the descend / approach checklist based on the number set in Approach briefing.
for me it's a great help as most of my flights are NDB, VOR, Visual approach with very high elevation.
Do you know how painful it is to dial on the MCP Baro D-Hight  to 7800ft?
It's mush easier on the FS2Crew descend briefing.

I've always wanted that, too.

But the PMDG SDK doesn't allow us to read that value I'm afraid.  Trust me, I lobbied for it :-)

Maybe a dumb question... but will the button controll version also include all this awesome changes and features?

Because I use it on my PC with german voicepack only with button controll.

Thanks and regards

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Maybe a dumb question... but will the button controll version also include all this awesome changes and features?

Thanks and regards

x2

Joel Strikovsky

Voice is by nature a lot for flexible than button control, but we'll do our best with button control. 

FYI, with Windows 8 (and Windows 10), anyone can download the English US language pack.

I now checked english language pack and printed out the flows to get familiar with the voice control... a time ago I wanted to do this, but I started with button control, and you now, things get lazy and so on :-)

It's much more immersive, with a little learning curve when coming from button control. But when all things work I think it is absolutely worth it.

Thanks,

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Ahhh, I was just about to buy the NGX FS2Crew (yes, I know very late to the party!) Will there be any kind of upgrade pricing? Or shall I just wait do you think ?

Ahhh, I was just about to buy the NGX FS2Crew (yes, I know very late to the party!) Will there be any kind of upgrade pricing? Or shall I just wait do you think ?

There will be a discount for current FS2Crew owners, similar to what we do for all FS2Crew products.

is there an estimated time for it's release?

I need to know if to pull a bit further and wait for it or just try and Migrate my existing NGX pack into P3D.

Joel Strikovsky

Hi Brian,

If I may suggest, and I know I'm a little late, but would it be possible to implement a way so the user can load his own Cabin Safety announcement...

There are many very creative announcements with some airlines, which would be nice to be able to inject with FS2Crew....

Basically what i mean is that instead of putting it into your database - introduce a user replaceable .wav file as the cabin anouncement....

kind regards