Sign in to follow this  
Chri

OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1

Does this also work in prepar3d 2.4?

Dragos

I9-13900K/ Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC/ Aorus Master Z790/ Kingston 64GB@6000Mhz DDR 5/ 2TB nvme 0.2 Samsung 980 PRO/ Deepcool LS720

Does this also work in prepar3d 2.4?

Check you p3d.cfg file and see if this line exist in it 

Rich Sennett

Unfortunately I am away for the weekend and can not check/test it. Maybe someone with 2.4 could eventually confirm.

Thanks!

Dragos

I9-13900K/ Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC/ Aorus Master Z790/ Kingston 64GB@6000Mhz DDR 5/ 2TB nvme 0.2 Samsung 980 PRO/ Deepcool LS720

I can confirm it works with 2.4.  It's in the config and changing the value to 1 up's my frame rates by between 8 and 10.  Using the NGX at Fly Tampa's KBOS.  Lousy weather there by the way!!  Just as additional information, I have a lower end video card also (GTX 660).

John

I found and older cfg file not sure what version but its not 2.5 and the line exists so there you go try it in older versions

Nothing to test - this works for all from all of the positive posts

Rich Sennett

That's great news! Thanks!

Dragos

This 'tweak' is important enough that I've "pinned" it so it won't get buried in the chaff, er... I mean discussions of course... :Applause:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

OMG this is amazing! I am getting 35+ FPS in the VC on the PMDG 777. Awesome find! Just wondering what its doing to my machine though :)

EDIT : This was at Flightbeam KDEN 

From EGFF to YSSY

30FPS at Aerosoft's EGLL in the T7 cockpit. What the hell kind of magic is this thing?!

Aamir Thacker

This 'tweak' is important enough that I've "pinned" it so it won't get buried in the chaff, er... I mean discussions of course... :Applause:

As it should be - well Done Billy

Rich Sennett

I vote Christian Stoff as the next ruler of the entire world!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sounds encouraging. Waiting to see if this lowers stability, encourages stutters, or pinches processing power from other things like scenery. If not then well spotted that man.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

In case anyone wonders, the setting is inside the v2.2 .cfg file.

Yeah, I'm a little behind the times. Never had a FPS issue, but I'll try to see if changing it makes any difference.

I wonder if this will remove the fps limit 20 fps I seem to hit when using Iflys P3D offerings.