Sign in to follow this  
SierraHotel

Program Pin Error In SP1d

Hi all, have had this twice now, since installing SP1d. never experienced it before now, although I searched and found ref to it happening in SP1c. I was making a vid when it occurred, so the steps I performed are before it happened are easy to follow. It now appears to be happening all the time at LEPA. Will try a different airport to see if it's AIRAC related. Please advise if I should enter a ticket.

Mike Collins

[sharedmedia=videos:videos:355]

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I just got this same thing in the FMC like 5 minutes ago....I'm also using Pro Atc/X (airac 1503) . This happened after I created a flight plan from KAUS - KIAH in pro atc with the ILEXI1 sid (KAUS ILEXY1 ILEXY MSCOT3 KIAH) only to have Pro ATC/x change sids on me once getting clearance, to the AUS3 sid. I had already programmed the departure SID into the FMC and imported the Pro Atc/X flight plan into the FMC, and executed it before receiving clearance. I went back into the FMC to change the sid, and that's when the departures/arrival page crapped out on me.... P3D 2.5

Jonathan Lewis

I had this last night also when entering a STAR. for PHOG, forgot name trans camps< something like that rwy 20

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I just got one of these too, while reloading a saved flight - In the left fms. The right one was fine and eventually the left came back on too and cleared the pin error.

hi, yes i am using pro atc/x ... and have the same issue yesterday when try to put approach to FSIA on the dep/arrival page of fmc .... the Windows events shows that at the same moment there was an error on fsx. exe on the module gdipluss.dll  ...

i willl try installing sp1c ... and i did not see yet the pro atx/x fórum ... for check if someone report something similar ...

regards

Carlos

No not useing

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have just noticed something else that may also be relevant to the warning light problem. I got the program pin error after I had used the suggested work around i.e. Setup the cockpit from the PMDG default and save. I reset back to default, then to CLDDRK, this is when I noticed that after CLDDRK had started and I went to menu clicked and held for five seconds, but, instead of the menu's appearing, I got a warning notice saying 1 item had failed! But I had no failure's set up? What I did was to clear the failure and then save that setup as my new clddrk starting panel. I have not had the program pin problem since. By the way I have also put a ticket in to PMDG, but I have a sneaking suspicion that this is not just another bug, by reason of the fact that a "Program Pin Failure" is mentioned in the FCOM!

PS, I also use ProATC

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I´m not using Pro ATC/X but I had this error coming up several times, also before SP1d, however I found an easy fix that worked ever since I found it, at least on my setup.

When the error occurs, just press the "menu" key on the CDU and hold it for a couple of seconds (like one would do to "wake up" the FMC in cold & dark panel state).

In both cases the frozen FMC sprang back to life. Hope that´s not too obvious and hasn´t been posted before...

LABOX4.jpg

I have similar problems and use PRO-ATC/X as well. When loading the flight plan to the FMC the PROGRAM FIX ERROR message appears when I try loading the SiD. Today, I took off without the SiD assigned and I could from the directions from PRO-ATC/X hear the problem is related to the FMC in the plane, not PRO-ATC/X. Navigraph is updated to the latest cycle for both PRO-ATC/X and PMDG. Same problem on approach for landing. I really hope that somebody will come ud with a fix for this...

PROGRAM FIX ERROR message appears

Are you certain this is what the message said?

No, sorry, not "Program Fix Error" but "Program pin error" - my mistake...

Anyway, I think I solved the problem (for me anyway) and here`s how in case other might have the same problem: Before,  I used to activate and excecute BEFORE entering DEP/ARR and assigning RWY and SiD.This was in aacordance with the checklist I use and this procedure worked for me.  

Now, I have to wait activating and excecuting until both the FPLAN, the RWY and SiD all are assigned. Apparently, I can avoid the program pin error this way.

I´m not sure why but come to think of it it I admit seems more logical....  

And sorry once again: Problem not solved  :angry: . Tonight, I took off alright with the right RWY and SiD assigned as desribed above but on approach I got the program pin error message once again as soon as I tried to assign the RWY for approach in DEP/ARR. Any help is still much appreciated. I wonder if this can be connected with some kind of error in the latest Navigraph AIRAC cycle (1504)?

I seem to have this issue as well.  I can duplicate it by selecting my FP, activating it, then try and choose a departure.  Instant program pin.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Same here: Program Pin Error after trying to define the rwy at destination on FMC. After that, nothing could be entered there. This is the first time this happened and I've been flying all tis month until today in Navigraph AIRAC 1504, changing today morning to 1505. I use PRO-ATC/X in FSX.

Best

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg