Sign in to follow this  
Perry333

Anyone try My Traffic 6 yet?

Ah, so those are also part of FSX-SE then.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Can you guys assist me with my scenery order. I am seeing double control towers and scenery issues, what is wrong with my order?

scenery%20order_zpscu9rnw0w.png

My Traffic has nothing to do with control towers or scenery. However you can start a fresh thread, entitled correctly, and describe what you have installed and done to have this issue.

My Traffic doesn't add scenery elements, it's strictly modifications to parking. 

Having said that I would suggest that you download Simple Airport Scanner and see if you have any duplicate AFCADS.   Some of those might be causing the issue.

BTW, I don't see any issues with your scenery order, but someone else might.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

It looks terrible, like all previous My Traffic products. I'm sticking to World of AI

Something is wrong with your set-up then.

Nothing wrong with setups. Compared to WoAI (TFS, FAIB, AIA OSP models etc), MyT6 and prior look's rather rough and dated. It's like comparing the PMDG NGX or 777 to early FS98 freeware except here the better quality models and paints are the free ones.

Just like the FS9 vs FSX etc threads though, it's about what ever floats your boat.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Then why do my MT6 planes look as good or better?

Are you serious? Haha, show us one of MyT models looks anywhere near as good. Thanks Jim, that's honestly the funniest thing I've read online in months.  Of all the propping up of MyTraffic, one thing we see VERY little of is screenshots because they show just how funny looking the models actually are.

One thing MyTraffic gives you is Ai aircraft all over the globe. When I fly into India or Thailand I see aircraft relevant to those countries.

Does WOAI do that? I suspect that most users of that package will probably install the top 50 liveries which probably won't include airlines for these countries leading to quite sparsely populated airfields.

Having lots of relevant airlines at far-away countries is more important to me than ultra-detailed but limited liveries. But each to their own of course. I suppose if you only fly in the US or Europe you'll never appreciate what MT6 does.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

As much as I understand the fact that having lots of AI traffic at 3:00am could suspend the feeling of realism...a lot of time it's the only chance I get to fly. I want my 3:00am traffic. What could be nice is if a feature were added to make such a thing optional.

I've been using MyTraffic for a few years now and have to say that I still don't really know that I understand the difference between "schedule preferences" and "schedule MyTraffic" etc. either. Still when trying to do something custom I find that I have reread the instructions etc. However I understand that the various options for creating the schedules (and ultimately compiling the bgls) are there for the sake of being able to really customize the airport traffic to your liking. 

To me the 6.0 version is still a winner.

It's not about ultra detailed liveries, but about the quality of the traffic that you are seeing. Off topic but just answering your question Ray, freeware AI users also have traffic around the entire globe that's not only relevant to the area, it's accurate and actually looks good. 

We've gone through it before many times, MyT is a simple and easy solution to getting basic AI around the globe. Fallap simply mentioned earlier that it looked horrible and was returning to WoAI. It's not an issue with his setup, compared to what he's used to seeing AI wise MyTraffic simply doesn't compare.

And likewise I prefer MyTraffic because a) I don't want to have to be bothered with downloading multiple packages as with WoAI and B) To me one of the biggest benefits of MyTraffic (and one that goes largely undiscussed) is that it comes with a TON of AFCAD files that increase the number of parking spots and supply mostly accurate gate numbers to them (not to mention providing the proper carrier code to those parking spots). Someone earlier mentioned the idea of worldwide traffic and I agree. I flew into (of all places) Magadan in Russia (Gulag capitol of the country from what I gather) and it was populated with Russian and otherwise appropriate traffic. I don't know how many WoAI packages I would have had to install to get to the point of populating that PARTICULAR airport with that PARTICULAR traffic but i have to guess that it would have taken a lot of packages down the road. Heck, I would have paid just to have the collection of AFCAD files, which are another thing that while easily found on the internet, requires the downloading of MANY separate packages but in MyTraffic are all bundled together.

Different strokes for different folks. If you're super hands on then WoAI is a perfectly valid solution. Just not one I want to spend the time on...I wanted more of an out-of-the-box solution and I like MyTraffic in that particular situation.

I think it needs to be understood that MyTraffic is about a lot more than scheduling traffic at airports. It's about getting MOSTLY appropriate traffic at ALL airports quickly and easily. Those of us that want to fly to Magadan but don't want to study up on finding Magadan specific carriers or searching for a Magadan AFCAD files really can use this solution. If I decide I want to add Allegiant Airlines to be a Magadan carrier I can do that as well (yes...that's insane...but possible).

In my opinion Burkhard should emphasize the fact that MyTraffic comes bundled with AFCADS for virtually every major airport in the world (and a lot of no-so-major-ones). That's a LOT of value added and Burkhard does not seem to highlight that fact at all. Also, as someone who still flies FS2004 on occasion I love the fact that they made MyTraffic 2006 free for that platform. That, to me, was an awesome thing for them to do and it is still very much used by this simmer over here...

Here Dave: KLAX at 5:30PM, Runway 7L, clear weather.

post-103078-0-82294900-1434672701.jpg

Now you post the same shot.

A shot looking down at the number on the runway? Thought you were going to post screens with some AI, you can barely even see them way out there. What you can see AI wise however does look pretty mediocre.

Here goes

2015-6-18_17-39-7-923_zpsesa32xvm.jpg

What about some that actually show traffic.

SNAG-1095_zpsa065fc70.jpg

SNAG-1097_zps4fe36a20.jpg

2015-6-18_17-39-57-86_zpsks1xykzb.jpg

2015-6-18_17-40-17-586_zpsqlboqrrl.jpg

2015-6-18_17-41-2-605_zpszrdik5oy.jpg

2015-6-18_17-53-51-958_zpsclnst7be.jpg

2015-6-18_17-54-51-277_zpstd3hhpaq.jpg

Bizjets? We have those too and they actually look like the models they are supposed to

2015-6-18_17-59-0-629_zps4colnz9q.jpg

There's no comparison.

I actually did buy MyT 6 when it first came out to see for myself. Not once did I ever have ANY intention on keeping it in my sim though.