Sign in to follow this  
Perry333

Anyone try My Traffic 6 yet?

Just checking if anyone has tried this yet and how they like it. I have Pro 5.4c right now. Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's on sale now for less than $20 I think until the end of April.  I got it because of that.  It works for FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D and it is the full version for less than $20.  It has been substantially upgraded from the previous version which was buggy (see AVSIM CTD Guide).  I see no reason why not to upgrade to the latest and greatest.  I've tried it out in both versions and the aircraft have better detail and clearer textures. 

Best regards,

Overall in very happy with it. I was using just ai traffic in p3d 2.5, and mt v6 has dropped my frames 8-10 fps at crowded airports (sunsky kphl), and increased loading times. A worthwhile tradeoff for the new airport eye candy tho! Can't beat the price and overall I think its a very good add-on.

Thanks for the replies do you know if you should uninstall my traffic 5.4c. It looks like 6 is completely new not just an upgrade. Thanks : )

Thanks for the replies do you know if you should uninstall my traffic 5.4c. It looks like 6 is completely new not just an upgrade. Thanks : )

Definitely uninstall the old 

It comes with an installation guide that you can read BEFORE you install it.  (What a concept!).  LOL

Best regards,

After more testing (sorry, no pics yet) my rig just can't handle the extra load. I7-2600k @4.6, gtx970, 16gb at 1600 ram. I haven't used traffic optimizer yet, but at sunsky jet kphl, 35% traffic, disabled default AI, default Mooney, p3d 2.5 and REX essentials+overdrive, frames dropped to 12-14 when traffic got real busy. Looks great, but frame hit too high for me. After i7-4970k and 2400 ram upgrades I'm going to give it another whirl.

t comes with an installation guide that you can read BEFORE you install it.  (What a concept!).  LOL

:lol:

Hello

I purchased Mytraffic 6 today and thought I would share some of my thoughts and also some screens. :smile:. I have bought this mainly for P3D but first of all i thought I would just see how it performs in FSX steam edition on my everyday pc ( Dual core 3ghz 8gb Ram with Geforce 560ti 1GB) I set the traffic at 20 percent for both Airliners and GA and found the skies populated with traffic. I am pretty happy with how it runs and its nice to see some GA and military aircraft. 

As for my install its vanilla FSX SE with the DX10 fixer and also UK2000 London Luton. Hope you like the screens.

2easyjetluton.jpg
ba.jpg
chinnok.jpg
Easy3.jpg
Easyjetluton.jpg
GA2.jpg
Jets.jpg
lineup.jpg

I was the test candidate and i've had it installed for over 2 weeks! No crashes and the frame rates are great compared to the old one

Hello

I purchased Mytraffic 6 today and thought I would share some of my thoughts and also some screens. :smile:. I have bought this mainly for P3D but first of all i thought I would just see how it performs in FSX steam edition on my everyday pc ( Dual core 3ghz 8gb Ram with Geforce 560ti 1GB) I set the traffic at 20 percent for both Airliners and GA and found the skies populated with traffic. I am pretty happy with how it runs and its nice to see some GA and military aircraft. 

As for my install its vanilla FSX SE with the DX10 fixer and also UK2000 London Luton. Hope you like the screens.

Easyjetluton.jpg

Is that a shadow of a head? What camera are you using in FSX?

Its the new version of BOB from orbx, I was surprised to see the effect too :smile:

After i7-4970k and 2400 ram upgrades I'm going to give it another whirl.

You have a solid system as it is and should be getting far better than that.. Upgrading to that CPU and ram won't make it all better.

I know, but I had already planned the upgrades anyway. I'm still changing settings and tweaking before I give up on it yet. Seems other are having better luck than me so far!

Well I'm far from happy. The first thing I did was to check if the Emirates A380 arrives at EGCC as it has been doing in the real world for the last 5 years. And no, it doesn't despite there being a gate large enough to accommodate it.

Given the real world schedules have been updated to Feb 2015 and this is a major airline flying into England's 3rd busiest airport I would have expected to see it.

On top of that the instructions for trying to add a new schedule (flight) have not been updated from previous versions and screenshots don't match what I see. Help within the program is virtually non-existent. If you exit the database editor and haven't saved your changes it will just exit and you lose the lot.

If you create a new database you have to add the file extension otherwise it ends up with none. It's not added automatically.

There are spelling mistakes in some of the menu items too. The interface is particularly awful but I could live with that if I didn't want to add a flight.

So, no. Not very impressed at all.

Thanks Ray.

Was tempted but will stick with ut2

Thanks for those Mallorca pics on the aerosoft forum too!

I have been running MyTraffic for sometime in FSX.  Since I 'upgraded' to P3D i left it without traffic, getting a solid 20FPS (locked).  Just bought and installed My Traffic for P3D not noticed any frame hit, running 30% commercial 10% GA.

Models look OK, not outstanding.

Interface is a dogs dinner.

Install instructions may as well be written in Mandarin, not a problem if you have installed it in FSX, it's basically the same procedure.

As Ray mentions above the Traffic appears to be a plausible reality rather than entirely real.  I also leave near EGCC and can confirm that the Emirates A380 actually comes in twice a day now, both the 12:00 and 20:00 flights, neither appear to be simulated.

It's OK and at least at the minute very good value for money. 

I'm curious if the American Airlines planes have been upgraded to the new livery? I currently own MyTraffic 5.4.

I am trying to install traffic optimizer with my traffic 6 in p3d. Unable to install optimizer without getting error message. Anyone have the optimizer working with my traffic 6? If so where did you find the latest version of traffic optimizer to download? Could you also give detailed steps as to how you got optimizer to install?

Cant make up my mind on this one - better quality paints would have pushed me over the edge

Install instructions may as well be written in Mandarin

I do not understand why folks are having difficulties with the install instructions, it all seemed very clear to me.

The installer runs, then you make simple edits to two cfg files, the tool to do this is clear to see in each sims drop down menu.

The interface will never be seen again once you have selected your schedule, it is functional rather than pretty but it works for what you need it to do.

It could be better but this is the project of one man working alone, the shear amount of work to create over 2500 afcads along with 5500 liveries for 200 aircraft models is staggering and Burkhard should be proud of what he has produced.

On the subject of a single Ethihad 380 not turning up on time at EGCC then whilst it may be a dealbreaker for some there are actually 6 million ai flights daily in MyTraffic and it is clearly stated that they are as close to Real world schedules as possible but not totally.

To quote the sales page at Simmarket

"Flights are generated based on real world data and, where data are limited, on a realistic model - All traffic is generated based on real-life traffic patterns. You will see airlines at airports and hubs which are consistent with their real-world operations. Where available, flight plans are modeled after real world observations giving you a high level of realism without the boring uniformity of products that restrict themselves solely to published schedules."

Nowhere there does it mention actual real world Schedules/timetables, only that you will see the correct liveries at the relevant gates, Traffic spotters should probably look for a different package.

It would seen that some buyers not only do not read the install instructions carefully they also do not read the description of what it is they are actually buying.

Cant make up my mind on this one - better quality paints would have pushed me over the edge

It's only 20 bucks!