Sign in to follow this  
P3Dv4Pilot

FSX SE Update Released

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I believe this release is just the formal update from the current Beta.  Most of the major 3rd party suppliers have updated their products to work with this new version so I would not expect many issues if any.

what is the word on the .dll crashes? Are they all fixed? Is FSX SE a stable platform?

i've been crash free ever since pete d. put his magic in fsuipc to stop the g3d.dll crashes back in february, although it is my understanding the newer versions actually fix this at the source. i rarely do flights more than 4 hours so i never saw the terrain.dll crash anyway but it is supposedly fixed as well, maybe one of the long haulers can chime in with their experience about that.

near as i can tell it's really solid, i've been flying the last two beta versions quite a bit (200 hours plus) and it's running very well and crash-free along with the other nice side effects like consistently better VAS usage. at this point my only complaint is fslabs concorde still not compatible although fslabs has mentioned that they will eventually get around to that. ymmv! 

cheers

-andy crosby

I guess we will need an updated version of the ObjectFlow? I get a warning message at startup for that.

I guess we will need an updated version of the ObjectFlow? I get a warning message at startup for that.

same here

Terrain .dll crashes are fixed.

Objectflow - You need to download and install the latest ORBX libraries and it will fix this problem.

Objectflow - You need to download and install the latest ORBX libraries and it will fix this problem.

From where? On the official site the last version is still the one of the end of March

I just download the latest on the ORBX site and it worked (this was with the beta though and not this Official release).

I believe this release is just the formal update from the current Beta.  Most of the major 3rd party suppliers have updated their products to work with this new version so I would not expect many issues if any.

Exactly, just change status, 2613 was beta, now final and not download for those who already used 2613 beta.

João Alfredo

Hi Mark

No, Object Flow warnings come up every time you load up. I get about 20 of them I just have to press "run once" about 20 times (pain in the arse (LOL))

I'm sure Orbx will update the dll's as soon as! 

Cheers,

Hi Mark

No, Object Flow warnings come up every time you load up. I get about 20 of them I just have to press "run once" about 20 times (pain in the arse (LOL))

I'm sure Orbx will update the dll's as soon as! 

Cheers,

You can just tag them as <disabled>True</disabled> in the dll.xml file until they get the fix out.  

GTN750 broken has been reported by many on the Steam forums.

I had a really strange experience with the update.  The Beta was rock solid and after update I could not get the sim to load.  The aircraft would show up and then after about 15 seconds the sim would crash......Microsoft has detected error, etc.

After multiple restarts and tries, I finally was able to load the defaul Baron at a small default airport.  Next I was able to move it to FSDT's KDFW and then finally load up the PMDG NGX.  After that things were fine, I flew on Vatsim (with lots of ATC) to Imaginesim's KATL.  The flight was a bit choppy, has a number of pauses along the way which was unexpected as I had done a full defrag of the drive the night before.  Then landed at KATL and right after I exited the runway I ran out of memory.  The memory part might have been my fault because I really cranked up the sliders and LOD once I got the Beta stable and I had not fully tested it to find out what might happen as a result.

Hi Guys,

For your info: Orbx has now fixed the Object Flow update, just reload FSX SE, accept update, run boxes when prompted and your away!

Sorted!

Cheers,

My GTN750 is broken. Anyone else?

This is an unfortunate consequence of FSX:SE being a moving target. Whenever any add on has to access memory addresses in order to 'hook' into the sim's rendering engine, and a new version changes all of the memory addresses...

...the add on developer has to update their product accordingly. It is just that simple. Flight1 have a consistent history of having updates available within a few days though.

Today instead of getting the Objectflow hasn't been tested message with the option to Run once, when starting FSX-SE that I have been getting since the BETA, I got an update available message, with an update button, and a new objectflow module automatically was updated into FSX-SE. Now no more error messages.

Today instead of getting the Objectflow hasn't been tested message with the option to Run once, when starting FSX-SE that I have been getting since the BETA, I got an update available message, with an update button, and a new objectflow module automatically was updated into FSX-SE. Now no more error messages.

Thats because you fired up the sim after ORBX already updated. I went through the same error messages today until a few hours ago (no beta) when the ORBX fix kicked in

Anyone else getting a crash when loading up a complex aircraft at a payware airport?  PMDG at any FSDT, Aerosoft same thing.  PMDG at Aerosoft Airport.  Appcrash FSUIPC is what is reported in the windows log.  I can load default plane in default airport.

Anyone else getting a crash when loading up a complex aircraft at a payware airport?  PMDG at any FSDT, Aerosoft same thing.  PMDG at Aerosoft Airport.  Appcrash FSUIPC is what is reported in the windows log.  I can load default plane in default airport.

If it reports FSUIPC you need to submit the report on my support forum together with the Window crash log details, AND the FSUIPC4 log file from the FS Modules folder.

I don't support FSUIPC here.

Pete

OK will do when I get home from work.

Steam only installed 2 of the 4 simconnects (as reported now on the Steam forums).  You need to install the other two to fix most of the problems.

\STEAM\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK