Sign in to follow this  
ramprat

Flysimware MU-2 Released.

Had a look at the training videos.  The VC is a bit plastic-y and basic but the sounds are good and the systems seem pretty comprehensive, so for me the package might be OK.  A basic-looking VC can be jarring at first but I find I can get used to it if the other elements are there.  I'm thinking of the current VC in Manfred Jahn's C-47 - not the vintage one that Jan Visser is working on but the current, clean, no-frills version.  It's clearly not up to the best payware standards (if it was, there'd be no demand for Jan's project) but once I get into the airplane and start working the controls and running the sounds, the VC quickly gets to seem normal and acceptable.  It's kind of like listening to an old recording - at first you're aware of the scratches and the restricted range but very soon your ear adjusts and you shift your attention to the music.  For me at least, good visuals are nice but maybe not enough by themselves.  So maybe I'll give the MU-2 a try... though it may be more systems-faithful than I'm looking for.

Getting the systems and the visuals and the FDE into some kind of harmony is clearly a tough balancing act for developers and for users, too.  

and how long do you spend flying eye candy only airplanes? do you spend a year flying the same addon with nice eye candy but lacking systems? Not everyone has the money you do to buy every new airplane every few weeks. I want airplanes I can keep coming back to, not that is eye candy only and I get bored after a few weeks

I don't have the money either.... I'm really sticking to a budget nowadays... i blew my may budget with the hawker.

Eye candy I fly - all of the ones I fly have eye Candy, just not all have awesome system modeling.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi Todd -so you're saying that RealAir, A2A and Flight1 products offer "crappy" systems (They DO fall into the $40-$50 range)?

Heh, I don't think the majority would agree with that, at all...in fact I believe most would say that their systems are pretty good for GA...I also think that most would agree that their textures are actually a step or 2 above what you'll currently find in the Flysimware products.

...but that's just a guess :-)

Seriously you need to re read Todds post and then stop and think before engaging the keyboard. Also your on every thread your talking down the MU2 and you haven't even tested it....Joe has already responded to you so give it a rest, we get your not into flysimware

ZORAN

Thanks for all the kind words and positive reviews everybody.

Glad you're enjoying your new aircraft.

I'd also like to mention that we have not yet determined what (or if) there will be a price for the expansion pack.

Joe

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

Took the moo for a spin around upstate new York. I took off Cherry Ridge (N30) flew over Ithaca and on to White Plains. Great performing plane, no FPS hit, and seem very close to the published numbers. Cant get the Davtron to turn on, but apart from that all systems go. Im a happy camper at $42! The vids were great too. Thanks again.

Reality XP WX500 compatibility, thanks! Too bad I cannot also use the RXP GNS530. How is the night lighting? Can you operate the dome light separate and also during daytime? Separate gauge backlighting?

Not to be rude to you or Carenado, but this seems to be how they design their aircraft, which makes customers like you their prime target!

I think a few of us have our wants the opposite of yours:

1. System Modeling
  2. FDE
  3. Looks

I think it depends on where you spend the majority of your time, in the cockpit or ogling at the plane in spot view... :)

A few of us would rather fly and enjoy the scenery looking as realistic as possible rather than with our head buried in a manual and staring at a 2D panel.....imagine that, people can use the sim "seriously" in different ways. :)

A few of us would rather fly and enjoy the scenery looking as realistic as possible rather than with our head buried in a manual and staring at a 2D panel.....imagine that, people can use the sim "seriously" in different ways. :)

Funny, I never said that you had to like systems more than eye candy to be any type of SIM pilot, serious or otherwise.

Maybe try reading my post again and recognizing that not everything that's posted here at AVSIM is malicious?

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I confess.............I look at the eye candy, as the number one thing. Must be the reason I spent months painting my real airplane, and many more months on the panel. Eye candy first, flight dynamics that must be equal, and then systems.  I also washed the plane often, kept the leather seats in good condition, and would flip out in disgust, if I accidentally scratched the panel when changing instruments,  adding radios, etc. I like them PURRDY!

Yes turboprops are beggining to shine in FSX now that many have figurerd out how to bypass most of teh fSX limitations. Stil have my Cheyyne released back in 2007 and it stil looks just as good as any of the new planes and performs just as well. Yes they are a let down on textures, MU2 VC is a step up from teh 441 but would like to see bumpmapping etc on body, that on the 441 would sell a lot more planes. I will get it as soon as it hits one of teh stores i use, because i like turboprops, fast enough for a reasonable trip, slow enough to land, and with all teh problems of jets, slippery as an eel, engine lag, all makes it all teh more fun. Its alos a high wing twin, interesting to see what issues it will have compared to a high wing single.

So far, my only real complaint re: optics are the side windows and their very prominent tint.

Now that's just from the very informative videos so perhaps it's gone in the final version.

Anyone else having a problem with the davtron clock? Cant get it to turn on. So far its the only bug I've found, I'll post the same in the official support page.

I am having trouble with throttle control. In this aircraft, the two throttles bounce up and down, despite everything else being correct.  When I load other planes, the throttles work normally.

tony

I am having trouble with throttle control. In this aircraft, the two throttles bounce up and down, despite everything else being correct.  When I load other planes, the throttles work normally.

tony

I have the same thing. Works fine when engines are shut off, but as soon as they are running, they bounce and settle in idle. Also, where is the avionics switch?

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One