Sign in to follow this  
ramprat

Flysimware MU-2 Released.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

What Carenado lacks this has, and vice versa - I can't part with 42 usd for those looks.

What Carenado lacks this has, and vice versa - I can't part with 42 usd for those looks. 

HI Ryan,

The panel looks better in FSX than I thought it would.  IMO the panel is at least on par with the Carenado Hawker panel.  Where this product really shines is in the complete and accurate simulation of the systems and flight model.  The flight model and sounds are very very well done.  I haven't flown anything in FSX that is this good in terms of the flight model.  I admit the cabin could use a little work, especially the wood textures.  But I never flew anything from the passenger cabin.

If your goal in this hobby is accurate representation of a real world aircraft, you will not be dissappointed. 

Take care,

Bill

Same with the 441, it looked loads better in Sim compared to the promo stuff

It's too bad that the textures are not eye candy. If they were I would buy this right now!

I bought a beta version of the Carenado Hawker for $50 and the good trumps the bad. I'm looking forward to the SPs and hope that Carenado does not abandon the Hawker.

There are three things I "look" for when I want to purchase an airplane. The looks are first, the feel of flight is second, and system modeling is last. When they all come together as they do in the PMDG 737, Majestic Q400, or the Realair Turbine Duke V2, etc it is what I call value for my money.

I don't care about price as much as I care about the value of my purchase.

Jose

There are three things I "look" for when I want to purchase an airplane. The looks are first, the feel of flight is second, and system modeling is last.

Not to be rude to you or Carenado, but this seems to be how they design their aircraft, which makes customers like you their prime target!

I think a few of us have our wants the opposite of yours:

1. System Modeling
  2. FDE
  3. Looks

I think it depends on where you spend the majority of your time, in the cockpit or ogling at the plane in spot view... :)

Not to be rude to you or Carenado, but this seems to be how they design their aircraft, which makes customers like you their prime target!

I think a few of us have our wants the opposite of yours:

1. System Modeling
  2. FDE
  3. Looks

I think it depends on where you spend the majority of your time, in the cockpit or ogling at the plane in spot view... :)

+1

Nice aircraft!

For me, all 3 aspects are equally important... as well as the sounds. But, I am willing to give one or more of these things up if the pricing makes sense in the market and I feel I am getting a good comparative value.

I own their C441 and I'm aware of what their work is like and what they offer in  terms of value. it is a good product for me as long as it comes at a discounted competitive price point. Yes, the FDE is nice, and yes the systems are nice...but you are giving a lot up in the looks both externally AND internally on the panel itself...so for me, $35 seemed fair.

I think at $42 for the base pack (and then having to spend more later on for the expansion pack mentioned by the author in his videos) that the product isn't as attractively priced as I'd like it to be. It's the opposite of what a Carenado offers (but no more or less value) and should be priced as such IMO...competitively discounted (before Carenado went price bonkers I mean).

I want all points to be nice - the look of an aircraft is very important to simulate the feel of being in s cockpit.

As is the feel of hand flying - which Ive no doubt this MU has!

I spend my budget this month - maybe I'll watch some more videos

I've had countless hours of fun in the 441, and I can say at least for me that the shortcomings in the textures became unnoticeable when you are flying and hearing those noisy Garretts. Just flies so nice.

I bought a beta version of the Carenado Hawker for $50 and the good trumps the bad. I'm looking forward to the SPs and hope that Carenado does not abandon the Hawker.

ha ha ha and I am looking forward to my date with Bar Rafaeli

For me, all 3 aspects are equally important... as well as the sounds. But, I am willing to give one or more of these things up if the pricing makes sense in the market and I feel I am getting a good comparative value.

I own their C441 and I'm aware of what their work is like and what they offer in  terms of value. it is a good product for me as long as it comes at a discounted competitive price point. Yes, the FDE is nice, and yes the systems are nice...but you are giving a lot up in the looks both externally AND internally on the panel itself...so for me, $35 seemed fair.

I think at $42 for the base pack (and then having to spend more later on for the expansion pack mentioned by the author in his videos) that the product isn't as attractively priced as I'd like it to be. It's the opposite of what a Carenado offers (but no more or less value) and should be priced as such IMO...competitively discounted (before Carenado went price bonkers I mean).

I feel the opposite.Eye candy gets boring, you need good sounds and system modeling to keep people coming back.

Go get it:  http://flysimware.com/website/MU_2B_60.html

Joe also did a series of excellent instructional videos.

What is next for this company? A C208 and Super Cargomaster would be nice. an EMB-120, Beech 1900C, C99. All on my shortlist of requests.

What Carenado lacks this has, and vice versa

True statement. Still planning to get the MU-2 since their C441 is a very good release. Must not be on day 1 (I was already late on the C441) but I think the unique plane and system detail (they usually put in) justifies the purchase.

They also come in very friendly and helpful on the service side of things. :smile: And I cannot complain about how they design the instruments (sharp) and clickspots (good size and logic).

I bought a beta version of the Carenado Hawker for $50

I see what you did there, Jose. ^_^

I feel the opposite.Eye candy gets boring, you need good sounds and system modeling to keep people coming back.

yes it does, I agree...and so does pushing an engine start button after awhile. The point of the post is not about eye candy or systems per say, but rather about competitive value. Just like Carenado they are pricing themselves outside of the "discount" market, which is dangerous if your product doesn't have a very good balance of all things (which it clearly does not, YET).

Honestly I've come to realize I simply do not have the time I used to for simming.  (two kids+1 coming hehe)

Maybe I am just an eye candy phan boi....

I rarely have a chance to fly longer than 1 hour at a time.  I think this is why I'm swinging from my desire of  "uber systems" to "uber eye candy."

Oh well, I've got some mods to the hawker that make it enjoyable now, maybe SP1 will help too.

It's funny - FSX had no turboprops.... now they're everywhere!

I'm ready for the dawn of bizjets developers!

Honestly I've come to realize I simply do not have the time I used to for simming.  (two kids+1 coming hehe)

Maybe I am just an eye candy phan boi....

I rarely have a chance to fly longer than 1 hour at a time.  I think this is why I'm swinging from my desire of  "uber systems" to "uber eye candy."

Oh well, I've got some mods to the hawker that make it enjoyable now, maybe SP1 will help too.

It's funny - FSX had no turboprops.... now they're everywhere!

I'm ready for the dawn of bizjets developers!

and how long do you spend flying eye candy only airplanes? do you spend a year flying the same addon with nice eye candy but lacking systems? Not everyone has the money you do to buy every new airplane every few weeks. I want airplanes I can keep coming back to, not that is eye candy only and I get bored after a few weeks

Hey Ryan - similar thing with me, regarding the shorter flights nowdays. Years ago I only used to fly the large commercial jets with fmc, sids/stars, Vatsim atc, etc. the whole shebang. Then as life priorities changed so did my flightsim habbits...so I switched to mostly flying GA now. I'm stuck often times having to do some very short flights :-)

...but I'm very happy about it just the same since it's forced me to find an entirely new appreciation for GA stick/rudder/pilotage type flying!

I'm not sure why people think $40 (and lately $50) for nice textures and crappy systems plus the same ol' bugs is good buy, yet good systems and FDE, and decent textures (not to mention great customer support) for the same price is not worth it. To each his own, I guess.

Then as life priorities changed so did my flightsim habbits...so I switched to mostly flying GA now.

Shows how lets say versatile the flight sim hobby is. There's room for everyone and every habit and the market is far from dead.

Yes!

I'm still loving the 441 and have been waiting impatiently for the MU-2. I'll definitely be flying it this week!

Hi Todd -so you're saying that RealAir, A2A and Flight1 products offer "crappy" systems (They DO fall into the $40-$50 range)?

Heh, I don't think the majority would agree with that, at all...in fact I believe most would say that their systems are pretty good for GA...I also think that most would agree that their textures are actually a step or 2 above what you'll currently find in the Flysimware products.

...but that's just a guess :-)