Sign in to follow this  
lorenzog89

DTG: What would you like to see in a new Flight Simulator?

It's not either realistic or immersive when you hit something like an airport sign or bump a little on a building in FSX/P3D, and then your aircraft is immediately declared as "crashed". If not for a damage system (which is essential in my opinion, both for realism and immersion), that new simulator should at least have Flight's collision detection.

More to come!!!

More Later!!

Don't bother, even though you have a very few good ones.

Like an old US General replied once and goes well here again:

NUTS!!!

The reality was already written as history: DTG could have chosen out of the two sims from MS and picked FSX and I think it must to have been the right one because here they are thinking in a new but bigger and better one.

Stay the course with FS++, DTG. Do not give "Flight" a second look nor try. Keep it open to 3rd parties, there is plenty room for everybody. Think of them as enhancers for free to you. Not to us, but that would be our choices/decisions.

Cheers,

The reality was already written as history: DTG could have chosen out of the two sims from MS and picked FSX and I think it must to have been the right one because here they are thinking in a new but bigger and better one.

Stay the course with FS++, DTG. Do not give "Flight" a second look nor try. Keep it open to 3rd parties, there is plenty room for everybody. Think of them as enhancers for free to you. Not to us, but that would be our choices/decisions.

That's not true I have to say. They have FSX under a very restrictive license. They can re-sell as FSX:SE and fix very minor things but that's it. They have now licensed MS Flight technology, and are releasing Dovetail Flight Simulator in 2016

It's not either realistic or immersive when you hit something like an airport sign or bump a little on a building in FSX/P3D, and then your aircraft is immediately declared as "crashed". If not for a damage system (which is essential in my opinion, both for realism and immersion), that new simulator should at least have Flight's collision detection.

Evidently though it's realistic enough for the professional Flight Simulators

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZamb4qE4H4

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

That's not true I have to say. They have FSX under a very restrictive license. They can re-sell as FSX:SE and fix very minor things but that's it. They have now licensed MS Flight technology, and are releasing Dovetail Flight Simulator in 2016

Not exactly the way they used the term in their initial announcement was in general terms Microsoft Flight not MS FLIGHT. What they have said since is they are restricted from making anything other then minor changes to FSX-SE, but are free to develop new products based on that technology (FSX). Here's a couple of excerpts from the AVSIM interview with DTG CTO Tim Gatland. If you know something different, please quote source.

You have mentioned further product developments based upon FSX-SE. Can you give us some insight into what those additional products might be and do they include an FSX-11?

We are still in the design stage so we can’t disclose too much, but key priorities are to update the simulator in the context of improvements in PC technology and operating system features over the last eight years. We also want to provide a more integrated environment for add-ons, expansions and community interaction.

Finally, the Flight Simulation community is extremely wide-ranging. Our own Avsim readership covers young adults to retired hobbyists, aircrew, professionals or just generally passionate people from all over the world. What does Dovetail Games' entry into Flight Simulation, and more precisely, now owning their beloved Flight Simulator actually mean for their future?

Well, we don't actually own Flight simulator, we are licensed to release FSX on Steam and to develop products based on that technology. But the question of what Dovetail Games means for the Fight Simulator community is excellent. Built into our DNA are a couple of key things:

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Restrictions are based on FSX. They have said "we are developing a new flight simulation based upon Microsoft Flight technology" and this is DFS, or Dovetail Flight Simulator, that will be released in 2016.

That being said, since me and you have differing views on what they have stated. Maybe we should find a what they have said categorically  about their new simulator

1) Consider sli support.

2) Unorthodox flight experiences: Wingsuits, Paragliding etc in especially scenic areas Skywriting? Spaceship one!

3) Sloped runways (finally)

4) Mouse control system like in FLIGHT for those without joysticks.

5) Rain snow effects on glass, (needs wipers)

6) Reduced (or no!) autogen popping

7) Better ai (no planes flying through one another)

8) Ambient occlusion, soft shadows, runway heat distortion...

9) In-game support for all modern anti aliasing modes.

10) Rewind! Did you just mess up the landing? rewind backwards up to ten minutes to try over.

More incoming! Duck!  :lol:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Saw it on Dovetails Twitch streams but they don't seam to have it on their past broadcasts

www.twitch.tv/dovetailgames

Saw it on Dovetails Twitch streams but they don't seam to have it on their past broadcasts

www.twitch.tv/dovetailgames

I've just searched and found a few articles myself that seem to suggest this, so I can now see where this is coming from. but all mentions of this is in general terms they refer to it as "Microsoft genre defining flight technology" and it's never clarified. That could mean Flight taken literally but it also could refer to FS in general. The quotes though from the CTO of Dovetail I mentioned above more directly refers to FSX.  "Update the simulator" to a question specifically about Product developments based on FSX-SE. or  "and to develop products based on that technology" after just referring to FSX-SE.  The flight technology statement in context is more fuzzy, and I think needs more clarification if true.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

I'd never seen those CTO quote, that does muddle it all. Aimee from Dovetail always says "Based on Microsoft Flight technology" though has been said here before, is flight spelt Flight or flight? You can't get that across in words, but I have seen the word Flight used in write ups. But that doesn't mean Microsoft Flight, as in what was the last thing they released by Microsoft.

However, ESP was leased to Lockheed and is an existing product. Why would Dovetail also lease FSX technology and be no different from P3D? Makes no sense. You might as well go for Flight, which is newer then ESP. Dovetail need something to stand out.

There is an argument that leasing FSX and putting in a tonne of development work to bring up up to date is worth the money, but you are not uniqu. Why, as us consumers, would we not go with P3D who are already ahead of Dovetail. So, I'm sure they mean Flight. Just because otherwise I don't understand and makes no sense to me personally

Thanks I had never even seen that :)

That being said, if the CTO says that, but Aimee on the livestream says something else then...someone's in the wrong

That being said, if the CTO says that, but Aimee on the livestream says something else then...someone's in the wrong

I suspect they are just trying so hard to use lots of words to say not much, that they are tripping each other up with things that can be interpreted any old way.

Multiple people speaking simultaneously..... mixed messages.

It will be a relief when they finally stop dancing, and finally just come right out and say whats up.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

There is a link which I think is in one of the lengthy pinned topics on the Steam forum to a Twitter quote from someone at Dovetail. This specifically confirms that the new sim will be based on MS Flight.

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton