Sign in to follow this  
lorenzog89

DTG: What would you like to see in a new Flight Simulator?

Honestly...I just want where P3D is at now without the OOM's...

That is an entire different market and venue for MS and as such, a closed one for the purpose of this post. It is what it is and no more.

Cheers,

Honestly...I just want where P3D is at now without the OOM's...

That's called FSX-SE in DX10 with DX10 Fixer (except for Cloud to Ground Shadows)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I'd like something entirely new and unprecedented...

...a flight simulator everyone liked and no one would complain about! :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The graphics are great and it would do wonders for FS but let's keep the humor side of it right where it is, in GTA. Not needed nor required in FS.

HI MB...

Oh yes sorry. I forgot.  We flight-simmers are such a serious and sober bunch, fun and humour doesn't enter into our hobby.  :P  But wait, what's this?.......

FSX fun

https://youtu.be/ztt2crxgQ94?t=164

FSX fun-2

https://youtu.be/gfBmUEvah00?t=125

The places in both graphics are a solid pieces meaning you just can't add airpots and objects just as easily like you do in FS now. One massive graphic. With 24 tousand plus airports and counting in FS, that approach wouldn't work.

I wasn't proposing Dovetail should  import GTA-5 into it's forthcoming flight-sim, simply that they should perhaps adopt some GTA-style features such as more detailed city towers and road traffic etc with crash damage modelling...and perhaps an ejector seat function too ;-)

PS: Why couldn't that guy in GTA lower the gear down?

I think somehow the gear got stuck on the ramp.

Finally, perhaps Dovetail could also incorporate parachute/wingsuit/bailouts where applicable.  I've spent over 10 years flying FS9 and FSX and have used one or two not very convincing parachute add-ons. But modern-day graphics could bring this feature to life and allow sky-diving etc for those who like that sort of challenge. e.g....

Skydiving into pools

https://youtu.be/hi8r6WDsLD8?t=139

...a flight simulator everyone liked and no one would complain about! :LMAO:

Best wishes with that one.

Cheers,

I'd like something entirely new and unprecedented...
...a flight simulator everyone liked and no one would complain about!

:lol: :rolleyes:

This would be an interesting activity to try. Something new.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

From a visual and scenery point of view, current flight simulators are not far from photorealism in their capabilities:

https://youtu.be/Z7UPyl5TD6U?t=59

"Society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people".

From a visual and scenery point of view, current flight simulators are not far from photorealism in their capabilities:

https://youtu.be/Z7UPyl5TD6U?t=59

Take that video down near the ground, and things will fall apart fast......  :unsure:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Take that video down near the ground, and things will fall apart fast......  :unsure:

It's not _THAT BAD_ closer to the ground either, if there are capable scenery/textures:

https://youtu.be/retj1o3UkxM?t=500

Yeah I know you're demanding full photorealism all around, but my point is that the capabilities of current flight simulators are better than is usually thought.

Very nice scenery in that video.  As Devon said though, fly near the ground and things start to fall apart.  For example, near ground level all current flightsims suffer from lack of real detail, plus there's little or no damage modelling to aircraft/gear etc; and interaction with the environment is almost zero. So it would be nice if Dovetail could at least start to rectify such problems in its forthcoming f-sim.

Very nice scenery in that video.  As Devon said though, fly near the ground and things will fall apart.  For example, near ground level all current flightsims suffer from lack of damage modelling and interaction with the environment, so it would be nice if Dovetail could at least start to rectify these problems in its forthcoming f-sim.

I agree, infact I was not referring to damage/physics modeling but only to the visual aspect. (P.S. the problem shown in the video, i.e. the unrealistic sinking of the aircraft, can be easily corrected in Plane-Maker, so it's also the duty of the aircraft designer to tackle problems like these, if he deems they're worthy tackling of).

I agree, infact I was not referring to damage/physics modeling but only to the visual aspect.

Actually there seems to be some sort of damage modelling on this aircraft, perhaps its custom made?

https://youtu.be/rCM6ISAhx2Y?t=240

This would be an interesting activity to try. Something new.

Very cool.   I see the Breitling jet is also in X-Plane 10 (see the video link above).

There's no JetMan mod for GTA as yet, but there is the Jet-Pack mod....

https://youtu.be/PHPL2PxW7vU?t=86

Oh yes sorry. I forgot.  We flight-simmers are such a serious and sober bunch, fun and humour doesn't enter into our hobby.    But wait, what's this?.......

Seems to be a cleaned-up version of a video I decided not to post. But it's also illustrative of what happens when you let just plain folk get their hands on a multiplayer flightsim. They try to have wild and wacky fun. If Dovetail doesn't take such GTA leanings into account, then those people will probably draw as much fun as they can out of the sim and then abandon it like just others did before.

It's not _THAT BAD_ closer to the ground either, if there are capable scenery/textures:

With a lot smaller audience, flightsim third parties probably won't have the resources to do super detailed scenery even close to GTA and hope to make their money back. (can't currently do that worldwide, anyway)

A compromise is photoscenery (which has its own issues) with some detailed groundwork, but again, is it cost effective in the tiny flightsim market? Beti-X brought us CZST Stewart to show what X-plane could do, but it was all in a relatively small area, and the company has hardly been very active since then...... (I wonder how sales were?)

Orbx has done well in the larger FSX market, but apparently not enough to risk making a sim of their own to take themselves into the future. The only one willing to step up to the plate has been DTG, and even with the huge Steam audience to draw from, I think they'll have to loosen things up a bit in a genre that's edging toward stodginess, to successfully entice a new generation of players in the type of large, relatively stable numbers that are probably necessary for healthy long term growth.

Devons rig

General Notice:

In a game, any game, 99% of the entertainment comes from the Developer. It better be good then, real good.

In a simulator, any simulator, 99% of the entertainment comes from the User. The simulator better be as truthful and close to real deal as tech allows it to be.

So, DTG would be safer to bet on a Simulator and apparently that's their intentions. They have covered a bunch of games (by others) very well so far and their first bet on a Simulator went well. They chose wisely. They should do it again.

The path still written on the wall. Go Simulator, go.

Cheers,

Oh! No, I haven't at ease with photo-real for the same reasons alluded above by others. Do not spoil an enchanting moment by closeness. Let's look for another tech way that works equally well as for far as for near the scenery.

Cheers,

BTW,

I just dreamed of three Simulators under one engine. Cause something monumental happened yesterday on my way to my PC.

Telling you, it is a gift that keeps on giving. "Imagination" + the quote I love the most: "That's the stuff that dreams are made of...". A touch of Bogie.

Come one DTG. Take it cause it is up for the grasp.

Cheers,