Sign in to follow this  
lorenzog89

DTG: What would you like to see in a new Flight Simulator?

Just follow us simers, you'll get it. Of course, if the force is with you.

------

....My shoo shoo is collecting dust. Like I have/had it (NOT!!!). Ever. Or like I am going fishing anytime soon. Ops! Sorry. Me bad.

Cheers,

Well the 'force' is certainly with you by the looks of things!  

I'll have whatever that chap's been drinking and smoking  :P

BTW. We are flight 'simmers', not 'simers' 

aviator-costume-kit.jpg

Very true, I surpose we can call FSX:SE & whatever DTG will/may release .. a game that simulates a simulator, that entertains us, ruled by the EULA, of course.

Anyhow, parden my digression off topic....  I do tend to go off on a tangent!

Biggles?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Dunno why serious flight guys are asking a games distributor for a sim?

Like asking Mc Donalds for a steak?

Well, Dovetail is not going to pass up free money laying on the table..... If they can get both audiences, they're going to try and do so. But logic indicates that profit lies in a broader base of user types, and their own statements keep hammering home their awareness of that. How and where they intend to split the difference would be my main question.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I hope they end up calling it Dovetail Airplane Game.

Sounds good to me.  I'll buy it. ;-)

...How to make it better than GTA V? Fly out of a local airport in a plane that flies realistically.

And then what?  Bring your aircraft in for an emergency landing then clip your wing on a plane that's about to land in front of you, but which you don't see due to visual problems (either stroke or alcohol related;-) ..then  watch as your 'realistically' performing plane either passes undamaged through the plane in front, or else the static 'crash' screen appears and your plane realistically freezes in mid air.

GTA-5 is certainly configured for more arcade style flying, but its damage detection and crash modelling at least make it more believable and realistic-looking than the current FSX, X-Plane damage format. 

So Dovetail, please at least change the crash modelling format in your forthcoming sim/game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55bc-3CypyA

Try doing this in FSX etc.

BTW. We are flight 'simmers', not 'simers'

You keep on being a "simmer", but be careful to stay below boiling. (The word already taken).

We'll stay "simers" (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Simer). Skipping the cake of course. You gamers aren't getting one from us simers.

We'll stay on simming (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Simming).

The English Language is in perpetual adding/borrowing/making/mutating/adapting/etc/etc words.

BTW, you'll never have it. Too bad. Next gamer.

You keep on being a "simmer", but be careful to stay below boiling. (The word already taken).

We'll stay "simers" (http://www.urbandict....php?term=Simer). Skipping the cake of course. You gamers aren't getting one from us simers.

Hmmm.  I think we'll have to let Avsim members' decide on this one ;-)  ...

The Urban Dictionary's definition of 'simer' is this:-

"'Simer: A very loving, generous, and all around awesome person who will make you a

deliciously healthy cake for your birthday.!"

And the Urban Dictionary's definition of 'simming' is this:-.

"Simming:To play the The Sims....i.e. 'Hey, you wanna go out?'  'Nah, i'm simming'. You mean you'd rather play a simulation of life than actually have one?".

Ring a bell? ;-)

Too bad. Next gamer.

Sorry but you've got it all wrong. I'm not a gamer. I don't play games, and I don't own a copy of GTA, or even a console or games PC.  I have however been flight 'simming' since the year dot (1982 to be precise), and I've owned every version of MSFS and several of X-plane etc,  

So I suggest you forget the 'us versus them' mentality as the main reason I post GTA videos on this forum is to show what GTA-style features might be incorporated into new and future flight-sim games i.e. crash and gear damage, bird strike damage, water on runways causing aquaplaning, etc etc.

The English Language is in perpetual adding/borrowing/making/mutating/adapting/etc/etc words.

Hmm. That was also my excuse to my English teacher in school (last century;-)

Write this out 100 times, boy!.  "I'm a simmer, not a gamer' ;-)

"I'm a simmer, not a gamer'

"I'm a simmer, not a gamer'

etc

Edited by Fly09

Luckily, Dovetail doesn't seem to share this weird anti-gamer bias/rhetoric. http://www.dovetailgames.com/vacancies/2015/jul/2/technical-artist-flight

Desirable:

• Simulation Gamer
  • Gamer
  • Flying experience

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Nice find :rolleyes:

And for those who enjoy a bit of fun combat-sim-gaming..try this for entertainment......

https://youtu.be/0Yqb3d_RWZY?t=504

This mod seems to be confirmed for having a Keylogger virus.

Devons rig

Dovetail thinks it can appeal to all simmers they are for rude awakening

Even the creator of all probably couldn't come up with something that appeals to every simmer. The best DTG can do is try to appeal to as many as realistically possible.

Those who can't stand having any chocolate at all in their peanut butter, might just end up waiting on another product.

Devons rig

DTG, another thing I would like to see is a completely distinctive name for your sim that does not use the word "Flight simulator". Google searches using those words inevitably lead back to microsoft's offering, and its frustrating as hell.

P3D is an easy search, as is X-plane X

Please don't make your program a confusing search.

Devons rig

"World of Aviation" sounded excellent to me.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I can see the "simmers" = "gamers" just chose to boil over into nothing constructive to a  well established and succesful FS.

Make one wonders why are they here?

The easy way (FS) or the highway (Game).

Cheers,