Sign in to follow this  
lorenzog89

DTG: What would you like to see in a new Flight Simulator?

Between Twitter and an interview with a member of AVSIM, I'll take the latter anytime.

Cheers,

Between Twitter and an interview with a member of AVSIM, I'll take the latter anytime.

Cheers,

The interview took place a number of months back when Dovetail had only just launched FSX:SE and the guy clearly didn't want to say too much. So you can put virtually whatever slant on it you wish.

No doubt we will know soon enough!

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

The only logical conclusion is that the confusion serves Dovetails purposes in some way. If so, they will deliberately allow the ambiguity to remain, never making a simple clarifying statement, until whatever that purpose is, is served.

*shrugs*

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I guess for them, it's a new ventue, in a small market and they have their own goals right now, but untill they know what they can and can't do for first release, there is no point saying it.

We've seen it time and time again of game developers saying "we will have this, this and this" and as time goes on, or rather runs out, pressure builds, features start to be cut. So in the end, what you where promised is not what you get. I think being tight lipped is far better, although annoying for us, way to go about it

There is a link which I think is in one of the lengthy pinned topics on the Steam forum to a Twitter quote from someone at Dovetail. This specifically confirms that the new sim will be based on MS Flight.

If your talking about the "What do you want to see in the next flight simulator" pinned thread, I can't find any reference to MS Flight or FSX from an official DTG source. Only that it's to be called Dovetail Games Flight Simulator. There are a number of user posts, either commenting (Most negatively) or claiming they know it's MS Flight, but nothing from DTG one way or the other.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

In a Twitch broadcast Aimee stated "we are working on a new flight simulator based on microsoft flight technology, but we can't say anything about it it now, other then we're looking to release next year" I watched that on a stream from her, but, unfortunately, they don't keep many past broadcasts on their twitch page so the video is now gone.

Other then taking my word on that, I can't do more unless someone finds a recording of that video. But I can tell you that was what she said

If your talking about the "What do you want to see in the next flight simulator" pinned thread, I can't find any reference to MS Flight or FSX from an official DTG source. Only that it's to be called Dovetail Games Flight Simulator. There are a number of user posts, either commenting (Most negatively) or claiming they know it's MS Flight, but nothing from DTG one way or the other.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/1/620712364044485276/#c530645446326305014

Oh, well, there we go. Based on MS Flight Technology

Its the only thing that makes any real sense.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Guest JSkorna

Based on MS Flight Technology

Which is not the same as the MS Flight program.

Which is not the same as the MS Flight program.

Don't think anyone ever said it was.

Devons rig

What would people think about splitting off general aviation and commercial air transport into separate sims, each optimized for that kind of flight?  The big iron guys could have something like the old Air Transport Pilot flying the big jets with all the necessary infrastructure and generally only larger airports, while general aviation would contain all the smaller planes and props up to 4 engines and have a friendlier atmosphere for the more casual gamer.

I'm not saying this is a good idea, or makes any kind of business sense, just asking for thoughts.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

What would people think about splitting off general aviation and commercial air transport into separate sims, each optimized for that kind of flight?

Having seen how this works a few times, I think it would cause lots of complaints as one segment or other felt they were not getting their fair share of resources. This would be especially bad if one segment was indeed much more popular and was in fact actually getting more resources.

Just think of any MMO you've ever played where one jealous faction started advocating for another class to be nerfed.

Devons rig