Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Trainz: New Era

Well all they said was whatever is after TS2016 is in U4 engine, that's it. I think people could predict that so not sure they are giving too much away. But unfortunately, but us consumers, it's a start from scratch. But we've done it before, in Train and Plane world, and well do it again. Can't be helped

They might be being quiet because of people like me, who have already stopped all new purchases. (unless it's an absolutely irresistible steam sale)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Given we are at least 12 months away from what ever is after TS2016 is called, you're giving yourself a big gap, but I see you're point. They have already said though add-ons won't be compatible, so anything else is incidental after that

Doesnt mean there are no toys to keep me occupied, though! 

It does what I need, relaxing atmosphere, casual stuff

Recommended purchases: http://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=36

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

http://snt1.net/viewInBrowser.aspx?x=Q43K8DQM&i=JLW9VN49&c=13559&e=psolk%40comcast.net&l=1

Get the Incomparable Train Simulator 2015 Today Only for Just £4.99! 

Normally retailing at £24.99, we are offering Train Simulator 2015 at a massive 80% off today only.  You can also buy any of the 22 compatible Train Simulator 2015 expansion packs with an incredible 50% off.  THIS OFFER APPLIES TO THE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD VERSION ONLY.  Simply click here to check out our Train Simulator 2015 product range.  This 24-hour offer is available now and runs all day today (Saturday) until 23:59 British Summer Time.  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hmm interesting video there, I had never seen that before. Going to resist looking. I've just purchased REX and my list of things I want to buy is building too quickly!! NGX Reboot and UGCX are out soon. This hobby is bloody expensive

This is not really for the majority of the routes I have installed through the summer bundle?
I only see 2 of my 9 routes covered.
?

Yup. I see what you mean. My purchases cover a much wider range (Steam sales!) so maybe it's not for you.

Devons rig

Doesnt mean there are no toys to keep me occupied, though!

Very impressive video there.  Imagine though if Rockstar ever made a proper full train-sim, perhaps with an Eagle Sim thrown in for good measure ;-) ......

There was a rumour once that Rockstar would use its tech to do just that sort of thing; specifically a city racing game. Don't think it ever happened, though. Why do one genre when you can do them all at once!

Plus, they probably made as much in a week on release as the entire TS and FS genres combined make in several years.....

Devons rig

There was a rumour once that Rockstar would use its tech to do just that sort of thing; ....Why do one genre when you can do them all at once!

True, but its nice to dream 'what if'.  Meanwhile there's mods that keep expanding the fun factor. .e.g. Just Cause-2 grappling hooks, plus copters plus trains =

https://youtu.be/REeTarsZ6P8?t=99

True, but its nice to dream 'what if'.  Meanwhile there's mods that keep expanding the possibilities. .e.g. Just Cause-2 grappling hooks, plus copters plus trains =

https://youtu.be/foedSrZ-83k?t=179

Probably the most realistic what-if would be somebody licensing a technology with similar capabilities to the engine used in GTA. Internally, I'm assuming that's at least partially what Dovetails switch to Unreal tech is all about.

And Trainz new engine. It will be interesting to see if Flight-simming can find the wherewithal to make a similar leap.

Devons rig

And Trainz new engine. It will be interesting to see if Flight-simming can find the wherewithal to make a similar leap.

Indeed.  There's always Outerra of course.  Does that have trains I wonder?

BTW. What happens when trains and planes go head to head? ;-) .....

https://youtu.be/6pdtY7d--6g?t=111

Indeed.  There's always Outerra of course.  Does that have trains I wonder?

Not yet, but the developers said this when I asked about it recently.

Tracks require two things, a modification to the road system (for track foundation), and a spline-based geometry generator (repeater, for cross ties and rails).

Repeater requires a modification of the material system to support small instanced geometry rendering without a full blown object pipeline. It's going to be used also for other road and railroad related things like poles, guard rails, but also highway connections, bridges and tunnels.

Material system update depends on shader system update (which is now mostly ready, so it's waiting on a free time slot).

Somebody actually made some non-working trains and imported them to an early version of Outerra once. When/if full support comes, it should be interesting.

Devons rig

Since we've touched bases with the other train sims, it would be a shame not to mention Run 8, which has a reputation as the "simmiest" of the train sims, with all the complexity you could possibly want, and the most "realistic" physics, etc, etc.

Take a look. http://www.run8studios.com/

Devons rig