Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

GTX 690 4 gig Card Running In Sli Perfectly

I thought about changing my graphics card because up till  2 months ago there was no Sli profile for PD3,  I have 1 single gtx 690 4 gig card, its a Sli card so i was pretty certain i was only utilizing 2 gig of card,  so i download the Evega Perecion X 16 tool  http://www.evga.com/precision/  amazing tool, it runs on top of PD3 and from the pic you can see that that its running in Sli perfectly,  great tool it monitors heat temps as well,   i'm dizzy with excitement,  happy with my card again  :rolleyes:

The Evga tool is on the left.    Nvidea Inspector on the right,  both monitoring tools pretty match up together 

20096573295_ebef62492b_o.png

My specs below,  oh and i done a tiny bit of overclocking as well  :Big Grin:    drunk with power so i am

19474424734_8a46ca1230_o.png

But try rightclick mouse any where not over buttons or hit the menubar. SLI gets out of sync.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

But try rightclick mouse any where not over buttons or hit the menubar. SLI gets out of sync.

Michael Moe

For the love of P3D, can you not just be happy for me  :lol:  :lol:   

Yes you are correct,  when jumping from window to full screen or right clicking over the mouse it does jump out alright.

Roll on today and i installed the new drivers  http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/87783/en-us  The performance seems to be better with less jumping out of sync,  mind you i haven't tested the new drivers and Sli mode with airport lights and so on but so far i'm happy and my FPS are very stable, best they have ever been  

Same scenario with a dabble of Rex 

20129097311_5a7f34f7ff_h.jpg 

Holy cow Elaine! Last week you couldn't even spell GEEK and now you are one!!!

Enjoy!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Enjoy!

Vic

Lol, im all about the settings these days  :lol:     While i have you there Vic it would be rude of me not to ask a Question  :spiteful:

I have been paying close attention to my GPU temps and have noticed that they can go as high 88c,  yes yes i know this is to high,  heres the thing though,  i have noticed in my Command center that all my fans are set to Auto and under stress it seems the Auto function is not kicking into the PCI fan and its not running at all.  Should i manually set my fans up before flying, lets say 60% Or is this overkill?   OR Just maybe try and get the Auto thing to work and let the Auto work the fans

Enjoy!

Vic

Good one Vic

Congrats Elaine- forget auto and crank fans full before entering sim

When not in sim turn them down - use precision tool to do it - I have spoken lol

I run nzxt water cooler on titan x never goes past 32 degrees but do have central air in home - I also crank that fan on full while in sim with asus fan smart software

Rich Sennett

Use MSI Afterburner to set up your own fan speed versus temperature curve. With those kinds of temperatures, the GPUs are probably downclocking anyway. generally speaking, the default fan curve is set up to save electricity, not to benefit performance.

Elaine - what Jay said. I use EVGA PrecisionX but MSI Afterburner is equally as good.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/drivers-nv-inspector-fsxcfg-complete-guide_topic36586.html

search for NVIDIA FAN CONTROL - follow that and you can easily set up your profile. Altho initially written for FSX it applies to P3D also.

Have fun geek!

:)

Vic

EDIT: Don't forget that the fans in the video cards can get clogged also. During your routine maintenance it is a good idea to blow them out with canned air - helps with the cooling.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

When not in sim turn them down - use precision tool to do it - I have spoken lol

the default fan curve is set up to save electricity, not to benefit performance.

search for NVIDIA FAN CONTROL - follow that and you can easily set up your profile. Altho initially written for FSX it applies to P3D also.

Thank you Rich, Vic and Jay.  *Excuse me for a sec*   AAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG   *thank you*

I'm using the Precision tool myself and from this i can operate only my GPU fans, is this right?     I have the AlienWare software installed on my computer which gives me the "Command Center", in here i can manually operate my PCI fan perfectly, but here is the thing though,  i cant operate my System fans manually because that's locked into Auto.   I installed the MSI Afterburner, which gives me an option to manipulate 1 fan, but which fan is that one?  PCI fan or System fan lol    Id rather get rid of the Command Center and just have one piece of software operating the fans. 

So,  i know i need the Precision tool for the Graphics card But will the MSI Afterburner operate all the fans in Sync together,   you know, just so my ears stop bleeding with pressure  :rolleyes:

Lol to Vic,  geek  :lol:

Thank you Rich, Vic and Jay.  *Excuse me for a sec* 

Precision tool has an option to turn up gpu fans speeds 

"System fans manually because that's locked into Auto"

Check your bios you can usually change this behavior there but if they are spooling up then you should be fine - otherwise in system software to control them would be nice keeping in mind bios needs to agree if that makes any sense your getting it Geek Girl :)

After burner and precision tool only control gpu not system fans

Rich Sennett

Leaving the system fans on Auto should be fine, They usually don't vary as much as the GPU when under load. I'd just set up the profile for the GPU and leave CPU and system fans on auto. If you are monitoring your temps and notice that system or cpu starts creeping too high - just turn them full on.

I use a Corsair H100 to cool my CPU and I have 5 or 6 other fans in the case, all controlled by the BIOS. I use EVGA PrecisionX(MSI) to control the GPU. I run my 3770 at 4.8 so it gets pushed pretty good. I find, even at full bore with both 970's the only time I even notice the noise is at startup. After that, the engine noise of the a/c drowns it out. :)

Vic

Leaving the system fans on Auto should be fine, They usually don't vary as much as the GPU 

Great minds think a like 

Rich Sennett

installed the MSI Afterburner, which gives me an option to manipulate 1 fan, but which fan is that one?

Just tick the box in general settings that says "synchronize settings" and that will set them both up

In fan control you could set the fans to auto run at 100% once over 60c that way they will only kick in when your simming and not just surfing.

As mentioned above adding more fans to your case will make a big difference as well.

ZORAN

Elaine - what Jay said. I use EVGA PrecisionX but MSI Afterburner is equally as good.

They are actually two versions of the same program originally written by the same author. The most recent version of EVGA Precision has diverged a bit due to patent issues, which kept it off the market for a few months.

Leaving the system fans on Auto should be fine,

I have to disagree with you on this. Leaving the fans on auto allows the GPU to heat up far more quickly and at that point, even the maximum fan speed doesn't do much except keep the card at a constantly high temperature. Once each step in the performance curve vs. temperature is reached, the GPU starts declocking a step at a time. it's worth tinkering with the fan curve just to see where the sweet spot is. But if one doesn't fool with the fan curve, it doesn't make a tremendous amount of difference in frame rates.

Guys, does clicking the menu leave SLI out of sync permanently or is it re-fixable ?

I can buy a second Titan X but before I am going to spent that amount of money I need your advice..

Because I have a real size home cockpit I need to start up in windowed mode, start the CP Flight software by the menu and in the near future perhaps also other cockpit addon software by the menu.

After having started up these addons I then go into "fullscreen" mode so the view covers all 3 cockpit screens.

Can this be done and have SLI working correctly ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0