Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

To anyone getting the 0x80070004 - 0x3000d on install

...stating that "Installation failed in the First_boot phase with an error during migrate_data operation".

Thought I'd share a fix (as there appear to be a few others on the ORBX forums hitting this too). Found that there was an error with an ORBX file called "TODO" in the C:\Users\Dylan\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Orbx  (after hunting around in the C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther diagerror.log).

Deleted that, and the install completed normally.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Simply amazing.  On one of my test machines I was getting this error repeatedly and many hours of research did not turn up a solution.  I could do clean installs all day long, but upgrades failed with this error every time.  Kudos for the detective work!

Thanks - I'm getting this error and will try again later - Rick

EDIT - just tried it and it worked.  Amazing that this little file caused so much frustration!

Big thanks to you. I would have never found this solution and now Windows 10 is working. :Applause:

And thanks from me too, after 2 days of tearing my hair out this finally fixed it, thanks again :smile:

OMG - just read this now - if I have read this yesterday I hadn't started from scratch :mad: :mad: :mad:

Another thank you!

Deleting the TODO file allowed my Win10 upgrade to proceed too.

Thanks , fixed it for me. Funny I was surfing Microsoft looking for info on the error  thinking it was a driver or device and was pointed back to AVSIM to this thread ...lol. Has anyone notified ORBX to get rid of their zero byte file?

Really glad this is saving you folks some frustration...!

I did pass this on to ORBX, and they're working on an update through FTX Central which should automatically delete the file.

Cheers,

Dylan

Wow awesome find!   I confirm this works for me too. The search engine crawlers should be picking up this thread soon as it never came up in my search yet found it on hot topics here. Go figure.  Who wouldve thought such a small file to cause install failures.

Thanks!

Your agenius! After 8 hours downloading I ran into the same problem. Removing that ORBX file and all went fine today.

Many thanks.

You are my hero today.  I spent almost all of last weekend trying to install Windows 10.  This worked. Thank you!!!!!

Doug Wilson

Do you delete the file after trying to install a product? Will this file need deleting everytime you install a orbx product?

The file affected the Win 10 install not any Orbx installs. Once you have upgraded to Win 10 you don't need to worry about that file ever again.

You're my new god! Thank you so much... after many install tries finally got it installed after deleting it!!! :)

Oh my god, wish I would have read this a week ago. Spent hours doing a clean install of my system and simulator.

Thank you very much for this. I wish I had found it sooner as I spent 3 hours trying to get past this error. Great work!!

Thank you so much. I've spent over a week doing the various methods to upgrade and was about to post on the Microsoft Forum when i stumbled onto this. Thank you!