Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Help on reading a STAR text

Just what airport Micheal?

EDDP or EDDF 

post 17

Vernon
Probably nothing except for the change from Jeppesen to LIDO. Need to learn a different way that a lot of information is presented. For example SIDS out of EDDF. Both Jeppesen and VATSIM show a top

It might be different but hopefully its now clear to you? We are trying to help here.

MJ posts what your talking about and you reply with a different airport so I post the chart showing the info you talked about. 

Hopefully making them more clear'er to you now.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Don't want to it might be copy right. Might be bad even showing that? You pay to see them you dont DL them and keep them/own them. Unless am wrong! Then am happy to show you the full chart.

Then it's pointless trying to compare only parts of them!

Even if the parts showed are the points that matter ^^

Gerry show your chart!

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

+1

Gerry show your chart!

Why - you are the ones seeking help. Anyway i don't fly in Germany so so should I download your charts for you?

Am the one seeking help ? Really!!!!

OMG

Just what airport Micheal?

EDDP or EDDF

post 17
Post 17 was about EDDF. After that it was EDDP.

Hopefully making them more clear'er to you now.
Getting better all the time.

Great happy to help

I'd like to piggy back off of this thread, since it's a STAR question.

I'm flying from KMSP to KMKE (Minneapolis to Milwaukee). The popular route (via simbrief) gives the simple route COULT6.DLL.BAE

I've found my first NAV OUT OF DATE discrepency, COULT6 isn't in the default PMDG 737. But the old one is close enough-

Anyway, the route doesn't specify a STAR (the current STAR into MKE isn't in the library either --named GOPAC1... haha (I live in MN, GOVIKES) ...)

The end of the route is a VOR, BAE (BADGER .. another team reference (GOPHER)...

But after the VOR the route is direct to MKE-

whats the programming procedure into the FMC? I had a hell of a time trying to figure something out - apparently I still need some practice in the FMC route programming

After BAE would I be instructed by KMKE as to which runway to take? Would they try to vector me to GOPAC1? Would they be suprised I'm coming towards KMKE directly from BAE and not on the STAR?

In my simworld... with no ATC... should I just vector to an ILS final of my own choosing? Should I vector to the RNAV approach of the runway of my choosing? If I get to BAE, would I have been contacted by ATC and notified which runway and approach to take?

I thought I had a handle on this stuff - apparently not.

Nick Dobda

You do not have to fly the STAR into KMKE.  After BAE file the arrival you would like to fly.  For example if landing to the east a good routing would be the RNAV Y RWY07R.  The FMC would look like BAE..BALMS (the IF).  I normally file the RNAV to an associated ILS LOC.  This will give you a smooth transition to the ILS LOC and be easy to put in the FMC.

If ATC wants you to do something different such as fly the STAR, they will tell you long before you get there and give you the routing and approach to expect.     

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

You do not have to fly the STAR into KMKE.  After BAE file the arrival you would like to fly.  For example if landing to the east a good routing would be the RNAV Y RWY07R.  The FMC would look like BAE..BALMS (the IF).  I normally file the RNAV to an associated ILS LOC.  This will give you a smooth transition to the ILS LOC and be easy to put in the FMC.

If ATC wants you to do something different such as fly the STAR, they will tell you long before you get there and give you the routing and approach to expect.     

It seems so simple when you explained it. Thank you!

On lido charts. It says in the AOI for an example see CRAR portugal?

What is CRAR

Vernon Howells

What is CRAR
Country Rules and Regulations.