Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Help on reading a STAR text

looking for help on understanding a text on a STAR. I have looked through the PDF manuals and can't find it. Also posted on the navigraph forum days ago with no reply!

For example look at LPPT STAR runway 03/35 from the NORTH and at the top of the STAR you have a white banner with an arrow at the end of the white banner, and it says RNAV STARs RWYs 03/35 SOUTH?

What does this white banner arrow with a text in it mean?

Cheers.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Are you looking at the 4-10 chart Jan 2015?

Or a chart that came with the airport?

Wow, thisis a tough one! I have the Lido legends document and the information is no there.

I keep looking for it anywhere...

Edit: I just had a look on the Navigraph forum where I see you posted also your question. 

So it would be just a reference to the next page according to what I read there.

I guess we have our answer.  :wink:

Edited by Budbud

I use DOD plates and have 16 STARS for LPPT.  I need the actual STAR name before I can help you.

The question was not on the understanding of a STAR itself but an indication in the header of the LIDO SID/STAR charts.

It is not specific to one particular STAR but generic to all SID/STAR charts.

I use DOD plates and have 16 STARS for LPPT.  I need the actual STAR name before I can help you.

On the LIDO charts the STAR is -

STAR runway 03/35 from the NORTH

But this is just an example as any STAR with LIDO has this white banner and the text in it

What does this white banner arrow with a text in it mean?

I can't find it explicitly in the legend, but I as wrote in the Navigraph forum I see no other reasonable explanation than that it is a reference to the next page.

I don't use the Navigraph charts... can anyone share the answer they gave over there?

Thanks.

Hi guys just checking my eroute manual on my EFB hang on a sec ...

Ok i read checked my LIDO eroute manual (latest AIRAC cycle 13.08-26.08 -1533-) for LPPT and compared it with the LIDO Navigraph charts. In the real world use the individual SIDs and STARs rather than having them on one plate like the Navigraph charts. So there is no such arrow pointing out that there are different STARs too.

I checked the OM Part C chapter "General Part/Legends and Tables" and there is nothing like this arrow so my guess is that it is just a reminder that there are STARs for aircraft coming from the south as well. But in general i would disregard this arrow as it is obvious that Lisboa (and/or other airports) has northern and southern STARS.

So for navigation it is only necessary that the correct STAR is entered in the FMS and you have the corresponding chart opened on your clipboard or what ever you use for viewing charts.

Edited by Mickeyj

I can't find it explicitly in the legend, but I as wrote in the Navigraph forum I see no other reasonable explanation than that it is a reference to the next page.

Thanks stephen for checking :)

In the real world use the individual SIDs and STARs rather than having them on one plate like the Navigraph charts.

Is there any specific company that you get these charts from? I hate these LIDO Navigraph charts.

Is there any specific company that you get these charts from? I hate these LIDO Navigraph charts.

Hello Mike,

im Cpt on an EMJ190 and working for Lufthansa. We get the Lido charts updates via an crew check in system. The Lido charts for Lufthansa are basically the same despite the differences in the SID/STARS.

Hello Mike,

im Cpt on an EMJ190 and working for Lufthansa. We get the Lido charts updates via an crew check in system. The Lido charts for Lufthansa are basically the same despite the differences in the SID/STARS.

Thanks for the information.

Whats wrong with the charts michael?

Vernon

Probably nothing except for the change from Jeppesen to LIDO. Need to learn a different way that a lot of information is presented. For example SIDS out of EDDF. Both Jeppesen and VATSIM show a top altitude of 5000 ft. until cleared higher by ATC. I can't find that any place on the LIDO SIDS with this restriction. Thank god I don't need to use them for the United States.

Vernon

Probably nothing except for the change from Jeppesen to LIDO. Need to learn a different way that a lot of information is presented. For example SIDS out of EDDF. Both Jeppesen and VATSIM show a top altitude of 5000 ft. until cleared higher by ATC. I can't find that any place on the LIDO SIDS with this restriction. Thank god I don't need to use them for the United States.

Hi Michael,

the initial altitude is shown below the SID designator as well as in chapter 5 -SID text. Foe ex. EDDF SID MARUN 2M RWY 25L/C. It is like in the old days were we had paper charts the graphical charts and the SID text were separated from each other. With the introduction of the EFB nearly 8 years ago that has changed. Lido combined every single graphical chart with its text.

ScreenShot2015-08-19at07.18.54.png

ScreenShot2015-08-19at07.28.41.png

the initial altitude is shown below the SID designator
MJ

EDDP 26R MAG3N chart has 4000 below the designator and the text shows Initial Climb to 7000. Per Jeppesen and VATSIM it is 7000 ft. What's going on here. I am not trying to pick the charts apart. I am just trying to understand them.

MJ

EDDP 26R MAG3N chart has 4000 below the designator and the text shows Initial Climb to 7000. Per Jeppesen and VATSIM it is 7000 ft. What's going on here. I am not trying to pick the charts apart. I am just trying to understand them.

Hang on Mike gonna check my charts.

Ok got it the text form states the correct initial climb in case of EDDP it is FL70 (in german the transition altitude is 5000 feet)

I checked the legend again so that was my fault the altitude shown on the chart below the SID designator is the minimum enroute altitude for the secified segment of the SID. The text form gives you the correct initial climb altitude.

My apologies...

Edited by Mickeyj

EDDP i though were talking about EDDF?

We was!

and EDDP is just as he says also. were is the problem?

EDDP 26R MAG3N chart has 4000 below the designator and the text shows Initial Climb to 7000

Whats wrong with this?

mag3n2.jpg

MAG3N chart has 4000 clearly Marked 

mag3n.jpg

I see now lol

Misleading anyway. I never noticed that one as the MEA is no briefing point when preparing an SID. Im a child of the magenta, guilty as charged :S

If would be helpful if you showed the complete charts and not just parts of them.