Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

World Traffic VERSION 2

Looks like this is out, I am just downloading it now......Lets see, maybe GOOD AI for x-plane 10 at last?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Let us know what you think. I'm hoping it's just enable and fly without all the nitty gritties.

It's not free. You get a key to unlock the full program after you buy it.

yes I know. I just bought it.

After further reading, bluebell at the org has released over 2000 aircraft models for AI, and they almost have ready a program called Agre which can generate ground routes MUCH MUCH easier.....

Its looking VERY good for AI in x-plane 10 now if this goes smoothly.....

Take a look:-

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=84846

As far as I understand it, it is still not the "fire and forget" solution à la MyTraffic that most people seek. Please correct me if I'm wrong as I do have a licence and would install it again in a heartbeat if it provided real global ai traffic.

Looks like it will be close to that soon though.... Basically ALL the AI planes are installed.... And then we just need ground routes and flight plans, that are gonna be easier to generate based on real life routes and then download.... Anyways it makes more sense over at their forum..... 

I've been meaning to look into this;  how similar is World Traffic to building custom AI plans in FS9/FSX? 

At one time, I had a good deal of Canadian traffic showing in my FS9 installation, including a ton of very small commercial operators, with custom flight plans and paints.  It was a royal pain to put together since none of it was automated, but it was well worth it. 

Is this possible to replicate with World Traffic?  Or is it far more work?

Also, this is coming up too, 

AFRE Real schedule importer for WT

You can import AI traffic plans from Fs9/FSX..... So will be able to use real life plans etc..... Taken from FS plans./... 

Any pictures? I emailed the developers for X-Plane and asked if they plan on creating a high quality AI addon for X-Plane 10 just like Ultimate traffic or similar to that, that is on FSX. They replied saying - "yes they do have plans to do so". 

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=28569&st=20#commentsStart

Real World Routes Flight Plan Generator for World Traffic

This package comes with a Script to generate Flight Plans for World Traffic 'on the Fly' based on Real World Routes from major Airline Operators.
It includes about ~ 50000 Routes from/to more than 3000 Airports with scheduled flights by Airline Operators Worldwide.

Its now *almost* a complete setup....We have the program, the aircraft (bluebells) the complete flight plans, now we just need the ground routes (being worked on currently), and then its sorted! 

Hello I´m thinking about buy World Traffic my question is the install is easy? Does need to install pyton programs or something? Is like MyTraffic for FSX? Thank you.

Hello I´m thinking about buy World Traffic my question is the install is easy? Does need to install pyton programs or something? Is like MyTraffic for FSX? Thank you.

World Traffic is a very nice AI program for X-Plane. BUT, it is not plug and play like My Traffic 6 or UT2. As stated earlier in the thread, it requires ground traffic routes and route files. Some are available on the .org but there are a lot of airports that don't have them. There are utilities available to create them but it's dependent on how the airport is created as to whether you can create ground routes with these utiities. It can be pretty labor intensive but when it work, it looks very nice. The other problem is that ATC does not recognize these aircraft so they are uncontrolled. If someone could come up with a plug and play traffic program for X-Plane, they could rule the world!

I see. Still a long way, but hopefully we will have ai traffic in X-Plane like we have on MSFS. 

Thanks for your answer. 

Yes, as in FSX with AFACD it's just a matter of people's contribution: if every WT user did ground routes for 5 airports we'll soon have hundreds of airports covered.

Desaix

What utility are you using for ground routes. I've tried the one that is Python based, but if the airport designer didn't designate the atc nodes it won't generate ground routes.

I don't yet have WT, but as a Mac user I'm happy to buy anything that will run on a Mac as an XP add-on...

Is there a list somewhere of which airports have ground traffic done already?  If it's reasonably simple I'd like to have a go at doing some but wouldn't want to do anything for an airport that was already done obviously.  Question-  if a ground route was done for an XP stock airport, does it automatically work for an add-on for the same airport, or does the add-on require a separate ground route to be constructed?

Thanks, bruce.