Sign in to follow this  

A quick P3D V3 video

Yup, that seals it for me, not about to spend hundreds of dollars to get bug fixes that I can't even see anyway.  

Bob,

To be honest, v2.5 has exactly the same recommended specs. I just didn;'t notice that in the beginning. 

I think LM should put up a prize for the first person to OOM in V3 (the prize being a full refund) - Just for laughs

Anyone know if there is any framerate improvement?  Rob seems to lock his at 30fps, i'd like to see if it can be locked at 60fps.

It doesn't require 4GB video memory... it's recommended, though... 

We all know, back from FS98 times, that "recommended" settings mean "those settings that make game enjoyable at very basis" level. "Minimal" means the "environment where user is able to run "exe" file :-)

Rob seems to lock his at 30fps, i'd like to see if it can be locked at 60fps.

Aren't you trying to push the boat out a little too far ?

Aren't you trying to push the boat out a little too far ?

I would say no this day and age, especially if they are moving past 2.6 right to 3.0.  IMO, if there is not a significant performance boost, this is just a money grab from Lockheed Martin, following in the footsteps of EA and Ubisoft.  

• Upvote 1

if there is not a significant performance boost, this is just a money grab from Lockheed Martin

That's not entirely true.  

So bobsk8 is out, squishy...well is obviously out. Anybody else want to go ahead and declare before the thing is even released? Maybe go ahead and get it over with so there is no need to post 10 more times that you are definitely not interested ;)

Chris

So bobsk8 is out, squishy...well is obviously out.

How will the LM execs be able to sleep at night?? Oh, the humanity!

Guys - you forget about one "little" thing. Rob is an happy owner of two SLI connected Titan X graphic cards. Thats means 24 GB of video memory! And two powerfull GPU's. How many of us (or should I say how few) has such equipement?? Recommended spec of P3D v3 says: 4+ GB of video memory. This is part of "no OOM" magic I think.

• Upvote 1

Thats means 24 GB of video memory

I may be wrong but I don't think SLI allows you to multiply the available VRAM of one card by however many video cards you have.

You also may need a new GPU if you currently have less than 4 gigs.

I've got pseudo 4 GB on my gtx 970 hehe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I may be wrong but I don't think SLI allows you to multiply the available VRAM of one card by however many video cards you have.

Your not wrong. That is absolutely correct :-)

Everyone also seems to be forgetting that LM has a 60 day money back satisfaction guarantee. So all the quibbling is pointless.

You can buy it and try it with all your addons and if you are satisfied that it was worth the expense keep it. If not get your money back :-) 

You can buy it and try it with all your addons and if you are satisfied that it was worth the expense keep it. If not get your money back :-)

...or you could keep it and have a good old whinge on this forum :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png