Sign in to follow this  

A quick P3D V3 video

I agree we shouldn't have to pay for V3. Then in 3 months when the bean counters at LM close the Prepar3D division over night and send Adam and crew down to the unemployment office, we serious simmers can always rely on whatever video game DTG slings at us next year.

Its amazing how flight simmers haven't got a clue about the real world.

Get your heads out of the cockpit!

I suppose you're also version 2.5.
How did you create two profiles for P3D in Nvidia Inspector?

Yes, 2.5 installed also.  You don't need to NI profiles, it's triggered by EXE file name and it's the same from V2.5 to V3.0.

Cheers, Rob.

difference is, after your cheap weekend away, you have nothing to show for it 

Superbly justified Elaine.  For just $200 you can virtually fly to that holiday you never really had many times over - until your next holiday.

Yes, 2.5 installed also.  You don't need to NI profiles, it's triggered by EXE file name and it's the same from V2.5 to V3.0.

I thought NI doesn't work with P3D.  Are we now saying that it does work?  

do you know if there are any plans to allow us to increase the LOD range?

It has been mentioned and LM have responded, it's something they are looking into now we have more VAS room, but I've not heard of any actual implementation yet.

but here Rob is claiming almost 1GB

To be clear, 800MB to 1GB over "flight distance" (not talking about "starting" VAS difference) -- your mileage will vary pending add-ons and where you fly from/to, etc.

Cheers, Rob.

Fixing the VAS issues is definitely a step in the right direction before moving to 64bit. Changing to 64bit and not optimising the memory management is just masking the problem, and more efficient usage of memory is going to help a lot in the long-term to improve performance. For me at least, this is the biggest complaint I had with the FSX and P3D platforms.

However, I hope the changes don't encourage developers to start making heavier scenery (With pointless interiors for buildings, etc).

With the new Avatar Mode in 3.0 the building interiors are not quite so pointless any more. It could be possible to create scenarios where you have to walk back to the hangar to fetch a spanner to tighten a nut before flight, and you could also simulate acute hunger during prolonged pre-flight checks where you need to walk all the way from the plane to a hot dog stand inside the main terminal building.

Well 'xxthe_remedyxx'... this training platform isn't for you and probably never will be. Perhaps you should move on to Dovetail's latest offering that should be out 'soon'? It is a cheap but overpriced game.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Well 'xxthe_remedyxx'... this training platform isn't for you and probably never will be. Perhaps you should move on to Dovetail's latest offering that should be out 'soon'? It is a cheap but overpriced game.

OK. So because I have an opinion on recent developments for the platform I actually prefer, I should move on? Think I'll stick around a bit but thanks for the option.

As far as the pricing for V3 goes, I can understand some not being happy about that, but lets try to keep it civil in that discussion.  The way I view the pricing (which I also pay for on a monthly basis, beta testing doesn't get me free product) is it's an investment in the continued development of P3D.  

Beyond that I'm not going to discuss pricing ... if that's a concern please keep the discussion civil and not repetitive.

Cheers, Rob.

For $200 I would accept a completely revamped SIM running at 64bit, utilizing modern GPU's as much as possible.

But what does that mean? Unless you understand your comment, (and not just repeating what everyone else is saying) how can you place a value on it?

But what does that mean?  

But what does that mean?  Unless you understand your comment, how can you place a value on it?

I don't think I can make it much clearer.

For $200 I would accept a completely revamped SIM running at 64bit, utilizing modern GPU's as much as possible.

You should check out X-Plane...seriously if 64 bit is the panacea that everyone claims then why not go with the 64 bit sim. XP is already there. I use it. It is a solid platform. Honestly I must must be a seriously demented to spend so much of my time using P3D when it is so clearly inferior and hobbled by the 32 bit limitation.

Look, I get it. Given a choice, I'd rather not spend money either. But I guess I'm just getting old. The idea that I'm entitled to free upgrades until I decide the value justifies the cost is crazy. If that were the way it worked, in the long run, nobody would get paid for anything. The great thing is that your decision not to purchase V3 is perfectly reasonable.

Chris

Superbly justified Elaine.  For just $200 you can virtually fly to that holiday you never really had many times over - until your next holiday.

:lol:

I'm not quite sure why everyone is complaining about paying $200.  Get the $9.95/mo developer license which comes with 2 copies of Prepar3d.  The only requirement is that you develop something.  Doesn't have to be a complex airport since they are encouraging beginners starting out to develop.  So download an AFCAD builder and tweak an airport and you're good.  There are great tools out there that make it easy to do, and you'll be only improving your own experience.  Not to mention you'll always get the latest version.

From their site:

"Anyone can become a Prepar3D Developer. No matter if you are a seasoned developer, or just starting out, we want to encourage you to develop for Prepar3D. A single subscription will provide 2 full copies of Prepar3D Professional or Professional Plus for your use...The program is also open to any individual or business who is interested in using Prepar3D to develop applications and add-ons."

That said, I haven't heard anyone mention SpeedTrees.  I'd like to see how they look in the sim and what impact they have, but since the release date is tomorrow I guess it'll have to wait.  The technology looks impressive though.

Tony

You should check out X-Plane...seriously if 64 bit is the panacea that everyone claims then why not go with the 64 bit sim. XP is already there. I use it. It is a solid platform. Honestly I must must be a seriously demented to spend so much of my time using P3D when it is so clearly inferior and hobbled by the 32 bit limitation.

Look, I get it. Given a choice, I'd rather not spend money either. But I guess I'm just getting old. The idea that I'm entitled to free upgrades until I decide the value justifies the cost is crazy. If that were the way it worked, in the long run, nobody would get paid for anything. The great thing is that your decision not to purchase V3 is perfectly reasonable.

I use X-Plane also. I primarily fly the Aerosoft a320-a321 and it's not available in X-Plane. Look, I'm a big fan pf P3D and I'm not trying to offend anyone, but I won't hold back my opinion because some people may get annoyed. At the end of the day it is what it is... 

As a sidenote: I followed a thread on that 'soon' to be released DT offering on Steam. 1000+ contributions on a DT initiated official thread without any factual response from the guy who initated it. That's customer interaction.  

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11