Sign in to follow this  

A quick P3D V3 video

I agree we shouldn't have to pay for V3. Then in 3 months when the bean counters at LM close the Prepar3D division over night and send Adam and crew down to the unemployment office, we serious simmers can always rely on whatever video game DTG slings at us next year.

Its amazing how flight simmers haven't got a clue about the real world.

Get your heads out of the cockpit!

Exactly that. We are just reaping the bonus of thier development which is really for commercial market. The fact that they allow avsimmers and the like and listen to a great deal of the requests is fortunate in of itself. But this constant whining, not wanting to fund this ongoing development, one day they will just say enough is enough with simmers. No more. End of story.  Wouldnt be hard to do , and wouldnt be much loss to them.

Support prepar3d or go somewhere else. Just stop with the negativity. Heck its not even out yet.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Look... you don't want to pay for that... fine, don't.

Just don't run around whinging about it.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Look... you don't want to pay for that... fine, don't.

Just don't run around whinging about it.

So what's the point of a forum if I can't express an opinion? And who's whining anyway? 

• Upvote 1

In 2 years you've had 10 posts... that's not someone who goes around expressing their opinion... LOL I believe you had what... 2 posts when you first said something negative about v3?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

If you went from v1>v2>v3 that would've cost you almost €200 for arcade licenses.

Priceless :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Does anyone out there have a sense if V3 will help those of us who suffer from stutters and microstutters?

Thanks!

All right guys, enough of the personal sniping.  LM's pricing model is there and not negotiable...you can decide for yourselves if the value-added is worth it to you.

The tolerance threshold for ad-hominem smackdowns and sarcasm is going to be especially low through the release period, so please keep it civil if you want to continue to participate in the discussions.  And by civil I mean no personal snark.  There'll be plenty of substance to talk about without taking potshots at each other.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Thanks Bob, lets keep the thread open and just warn those who are on the thin blue line to ToS violation.

Like I said earlier folks, lets not get repetitive and keep it civil.

Cheers, Rob.

Personally I don't mind stumping up the $200 to LM for the non-undergrad student or "simmer" version.

What I object to is that some add-on companies will charge me $$$ more for the same add-on.

I am therefore leaning toward the $60 version simply to avoid any nasty surprises from certain 3PDs.

Rob, thanks for the video.

Quick question...I currently have a  2600K @ 4.7Ghz with one GTX 780ti.  Not sure whether I should just upgrade to SLI (970/980/or 980ti?) in a few months or build a new system with one GPU for v3.  Any thoughts or suggestions? 

Thanks!

Brian

Brian Riggs

PPL 2001

That said, I haven't heard anyone mention SpeedTrees.  I'd like to see how they look in the sim and what impact they have, but since the release date is tomorrow I guess it'll have to wait.  The technology looks impressive though.

Did you ever see or use Flight? That FS version from MS featured SpeedTrees.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

So what's the point of a forum if I can't express an opinion? And who's whining anyway? 

You are. This has been your refrain for every post. We get it. You do not have to drone on, and on, and on ad infinitum...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Not sure whether I should just upgrade to SLI (970/980/or 980ti?) in a few months or build a new system with one GPU for v3.  Any thoughts or suggestions? 

SLI artifacts are fixed in V3, however SLI benefits seem to only surface when running SGSS AA and/or flying thru very dense cloud layers.  There might be a possible FPS issue with SLI and Water = Ultra setting (I "think" this is to do with the older CUDA libraries used by LM - but I seemed to be the only person having the issue so it could just be isolated to my testing).  My opinion is I would try out a single 980Ti card first and see if that's enough for you.

Cheers, Rob.

On the subject of AA, is there any improvement in v3?  I am having a heck of a time with shimmering at 3rd party addons such as orbx airports and Flightbeam KDEN.  I'm currently running 4xSGSSA and 4xMSAA in v2.5 and its really distracting. 

Brian Riggs

PPL 2001