Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

Got my first OOM in P3D V3

Sometimes you can get one for no apparent reason. I got one in X-Plane flying a stock plane on a cloudy day and wham, out of memory. Never happened again. I could have had some browsers open or maybe been doing some heavy graphics work before but it is just one of those things that come and go, never to be seen again and leaving a mystery behind. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

PMDG hasn't released their compatibility download yet, so, I am not quite sure how you guys are getting it to work with V3.

You have to manually copy over the files.

I would like to see a report from the program AppCrashView (see AVSIM CTD Guide, page 1).  It should probably show the api.dll as the fault if an OOM (not always but sometimes).  I have FlightBeam's KSFOHD installed too and had no problems with the F35 in this area.  I had photo scenery for that area enabled though.  I suspect you meant you took off from 28L at KSFO.  Have you tried to replicate?

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Watching this thread as well. There's always still a chance for OOM, but it seems that this area was tested in a lot by the beta testers with more favorable results. I'm curious of what the cause might be because I saw my worst performance here as well in v2.5 as well. Thankfully never got an OOM error event with REX Clouds, FTX NCA, and the original Flightbeam KSFO installed.

Guys - we are talking computers and software here - one thing I have learned over and over in 30+ years of dealing with computers - if you say it can NEVER happen - it will.

I haven't had a chance yet to fire up my P3D3 but I expect that a few normal flights that would OOM will not and possibly a new one will.  Stuff happens.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

'crashed all together' doesn't say OOM.

no, but "and the OOM message popped up" does...doncha think?

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Maybe in a couple of months when the smoke clears. Right now V2.5 works great, good FPS, no stutters, no OOMs, and fixing it isn't necessary. :wink:

Since your so pleased with what you have, why spend so much time in the v3 threads justifying your position, pointing out who you think is lying and agreeing with anyone who purchased and is having issues?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

In the mean time, I can tell you what the settings were and btw I was using Nvidia 355.98 drivers with no Nvidia Inspector Tweaks:

Graphics Tab:

2560x1440x32 - Vsync Off - Frame Rate Unlimited - FXAA On - MSAA 4 Samples - Aniso 16x - Texture Resolution 4096x4096 - Tessellation Enabled

Scenery Tab:

Everything in Terrain Category Maxed except for Mesh of 5m with land details checked - Water Medium with Cloud and Vehicle reflections checked no bathemetry - Scenery Objects maxed - Special Effects maxed

Lighting Tab:

Didn't touch the HDR sliders - Lens Flare, and HDR enabled - Shadow Medium - Terrain Receives Shadows checked - Terrain Shadow Cast distance 0, Cloud Shadow Distance 30,000 (not that it mattered in clear skies) - Object Shadow Cast Distance 6,000 - Internal and External Vehicle Cast and Receive shadows checked with all other unchecked

Weather:

Cloud Draw Distance 80 with Natural thermals and Volumetric fog checked - Detailed Clouds max - Med weather rate change

Traffic:

50% airline - 20% GA - Med Airport Vehicles - Road Vehicles 0 - Ships and ferries and leisure boats 25%

earlier you said this

Flightbeam KSFOHD with the latest patch using the new F35 Lightning 2. No other addons, default traffic, with clear skies. 

Used Robs settings from his Heli V3 video

I'm a little confused because the settings you listed later are NOT the same settings I used in my Heli V3 Video?  When information changes like this it does tend to raise more questions than it answers.

Regardless, I took your later posted settings and tested those also and I still can't duplicate an OOM ... is there any additional information we need to know that might help you solve this?

You may also want to enabled Error Content and Error Scenery logging ... this will generate a Errorlog.txt files that you can use to identify source of any possible issues ... enable error logging here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0Q-fAfEZwyTFRJVVhvWEg4Sjg/view?usp=sharing

Cheers, Rob.

Has anyone been able to try Seattle or Portland from ORBX's PNW using the NGX? This was a classic OOM area for me in both FSX and P3D.

earlier you said this

I'm a little confused because the settings you listed later are NOT the same settings I used in my Heli V3 Video?  When information changes like this it does tend to raise more questions than it answers.

Regardless, I took your later posted settings and tested those also and I still can't duplicate an OOM ... is there any additional information we need to know that might help you solve this?

I used them as a baseline. Didn't see a need for cloud shadows so far when I usually don't fly that high also don't really like road traffic. Also see a need fo so much boat traffic so I turned those down as well. Guess I should have clarified that I tweaked them a bit to my liking but don't see them as being the offenders in comparison to the conditions you were flying in.  

I uninstalled it and have yet to reinstall it until tomorrow. I wasn't necessarily asking for help, but more trying to share an experience that was certainly unexpected. I did acknowledge (multiple times) that it may have been an anomaly of some sort as the regular OOM indications were not present. Frankly I didn't think it would be so offensive to some as I never bashed the product or the platform or the other users. 

I hope it doesn't return but I have been simming for a couple of decades and I am confident I can solve the issue and will be sure to ask Mir or LM if it is a issue that can't be resolved. Seems like all I am getting here is doubt from the regular crowd and I have learned my lesson about sharing experiences that aren't in favor of the vocal locals. Frankly, I am put off by the experience here more than the OOM itself. But I digress and won't get myself wound up. Hope everyone enjoys their time with P3D V3 and I wish everyone the best.  :Cuppa:

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

You have to manually copy over the files.

So you first have to install V3 next to 2.5, and then just copy over every PMDG file? (PMDG folder, Simobjects, gauges etc?)

I am really keen on trying the NGX in V3 but the installers haven't been released yet.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Folks please read the pinned topic: http://www.avsim.com/topic/475537-installing-3rd-party-software-into-updated-versions-of-p3d/

For PMDG and Orbx you need to go to their respective forums/site/ticket system for answers, not here.  Any posts about how to get PMDG into V3 or how to get Orbx into V3 will be removed.

I know these questions are inevitable, that's why we came up with a pinned topic.

Cheers, Rob.

no, but "and the OOM message popped up" does...doncha think?

Chas

Oh dear.

I find the defendant guilty and the sentence passed shall be one of having to perform a perfect landing.

Using the NGX with an engine out, full electrical failure, heavy cross winds, an uncalibrated flight yoke and a 'to be consumed during takeoff' box of laxatives.

Let the game begin.

A bit OT but could someone post a link to Rob's Heli V3 video? I am not sure with vid it is and I'd like to copy his settings: makes testing things more useful if you use similar settings.

Come to think of it: would be a good idea that after the initial release of a new version the settings are LOCKED for a week or so: that would prevent a lot of apples and oranges comparisons!  :wink: All those first impressions and tests and what not (even my own) are pretty useless if you don't use the same settings. Could be a nice idea of some of us would volunteer to stick with very specific settings for a few weeks, no matter what, and post their experiences, also sharing their hardware in detail: that way everyone can get a better view on things.