Sign in to follow this  
willultra99

UT2 for V3

I installed my DVD copy with no problem but the program is not 100% working.   It will not honor the settings I select in the settings.    Example;   I set total number of plane spawns allowed to 60 but it will still spawn in 300+ in busy airports instead of just 60.   Anyone else finding that UT2 won't honor it's settings in P3D?

Brian

I find that i have to open the UT utility and reset my plane spawn numbers each time before I start P3D.  Otherwise it seems to default to 80% of maximum again.  I have traffic set to zero in P3D. UT seems to look to the the UT utility settings instead.

I installed my DVD copy with no problem but the program is not 100% working.   It will not honor the settings I select in the settings.    Example;   I set total number of plane spawns allowed to 60 but it will still spawn in 300+ in busy airports instead of just 60.   Anyone else finding that UT2 won't honor it's settings in P3D?

I just went back to MT6 Brian and try to live with the marginal quality of a few planes. it just ain't worth the time and hassle, but that's just me.

I'm hoping someone or some company is working on a viable AI traffic program with quality models and all the features that everyone is looking for, something not unlike UTII. There's a need for it for sure.

Mark

Hi,

i try since one week to install UT2 into my new Prepar3D V3. I tried everything what i found in forums like this and on youtube tutorial.

It does not work! When i start Prepar 3D i get no error message. The intro sound starts and everything looks normal. The ai-traffic is just not loaded into the simulator and i dont know why???

I did it like in the video! Did i forgot something?

I'm not sure why it is asking for those files when you launch. I copied the CFG file like you said to make a FSX.cfg and created a blank FSX.EXE file. It doesn't ask me for those at all. I do have the EMT tool installed now but I didn't when I first installed it. Not sure how to get around that issue?

Brandon

If you guys want UT2 to work in P3D v3 (and not use the migration tool), you are going to have to do some work. I have it working on my P3D v3 install inside Windows 10. UT2 and Powerpack function and are configurable.

When I get home in a week, I'll do a step 1...step n, upload it to OneDrive and post a link with screenshots.

Hopefully this will be of some help. The modifications only fool UT2 into thinking there is an FSX install on your computer. This is necessary for install, function and configuration. The only side effect will be some addons asking if you want to install into FSX.

Cheers til then.

If you guys want UT2 to work in P3D v3 (and not use the migration tool), you are going to have to do some work. I have it working on my P3D v3 install inside Windows 10. UT2 and Powerpack function and are configurable.

When I get home in a week, I'll do a step 1...step n, upload it to OneDrive and post a link with screenshots.

Hopefully this will be of some help. The modifications only fool UT2 into thinking there is an FSX install on your computer. This is necessary for install, function and configuration. The only side effect will be some addons asking if you want to install into FSX.

Cheers til then.

I too would appreciate it.

I got it working with the migration tool, sort of.

Went back to MT6 for the time being.

Thanks for you help with this.

Mark

Hi guys,

i don´t know why, but know it´s running :-). I deleted everything and had the cfg. remade.

Know i am very happy. We will see how long...

Set up the fake FSX and managed to install UT2 into P3Dv3.  However, when I start up P3Dv3, I get the UT2  initialized song but I immediatey get a message to "Please register this product before you try to use it!"

If I start up UT2 using the desktop shortcut, I get a Program Error something like "Error loading aircraft assignments" and "Invalid Argument" followed by "License Check Invalid".  UT2 then shuts down when I click Close. 

Any ideas what may have gone wrong for me?

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Folks I really need help installing UT2 into P3Dv3.  I re-downloaded and installed UT2 using a "fake" FSX and install was successful.  I hear the UT2 initialized intro when starting up P3Dv3 however I still get this Program Error about loading aircraft assignments and invalid arguments.

I have edited the simobjects.cfg and utsettings.cfg files but  have not made any edits to the prepar3d.cfg / "fake" fsx.cfg file.  There must be something buggered up with the applicable cfg files.  Be nice if someone who has UT2 in P3Dv3 working can post their cfg files for my reference. 

Thanks

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Hi John,

I have my UT2 up and running in P3Dv3. Only when starting the UT2 Software tool (to assign repaints etc.), I get a short error which however has no effect on the software itself (still works). I basically used the step by step guide provided here: http://www.avsim.com/topic/462279-how-to-install-ut2-into-p3d-25/?p=3181090

As I did not re-install UT2 but simply moved over from my FSX installation, this should be applicable for you as well. Take special note of point 8. and 9., I first also changed the FSX.cfg file location and pointed it to Prepar3d.cfg, which you should not. You need to have a mock FSX.cfg inside the folder provided there, even if you do not have FSX installed.

Also make sure that you modified the exe.dll precisely as it is outlined in this post, but as you hear the UT2 startup sound, I guess you got this part right already.

Good luck!

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Is it possible to use UT 2 in both FSX and P3D ?

That is probably the easiest way to get it working in P3dv3 is to have UT2 installed to FSX, then simply add the UT2 Aircraft to the simobjects.cfg as well as copy the UT2services entry from the FSX exe.xml to your P3dv3  exe.xml.. Simple as that.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I want to do a full reinstall with 3.1 (I have some other issues going on with add ons anyway), can I just copy my simobjects/UT2 folder to another drive and put it back in the correct directory with 3.1 and leave UT2 installed? I really dont want to lose my updated paints and schedules. Speaking of schedules, where are those files located to copy and save? Thanks.