Sign in to follow this  
RVxSpeed

MSVCR120.dll CTD with P3D V3

Hey Dan,

I think some with this problem mentioned doing a full OS wipe and re-install of OS and then clean (no add-on) install of PMDG and NO Overclocking and correct RAM timings ... yet still had this problem ... that's what has me really baffled.  At this point in time the environment/system configuration differences are minimal ... basically down to Motherboard drivers, BIOS/EFI settings.

I was "almost" hoping that a clean Win10 enterprise install would trigger the problem, but sadly it didn't.

Have you tried setting the Prepar3D.exe to "run as administrator"?  (reaching for straws here).

But to clarify the MFD/PFD captain side is definitely the "trigger" for this event?

The harsh reality with this issue is that if PMDG and/or LM can't duplicate the problem, it's impossible for them to remedy a fix.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

I was one of the people who did a full reinstal of the OS,resetted the bios at optimal defaults , Windows 7 pro 64, no OC, all new drivers , default ram timings and voltage and ONLY the 777 installed, without anything else and on my system it crashed after clicking the left PFD .If i clicked the left PFD while doing cockpit prep , it crashed after a few hours just while doing nothing or clicking again the PFD.

As long as i don't click the left PFD nohing happens and i can end the flight normally .

Last week i upgraded to a MSI GTX980 Ti with a 4 k television , on v3.1 and i did not have this error again ....

First i reinstalled all my addons , and after finishing installing i deleted the C++ 2010,2012 and 2013 , downloaded and reinstalled them again , made the settings in the cfg and went flying, without problems so far , this afternoon i did CYVR - EDDM with clicking and without problems , all settings are maxed out .

I know it's hard to fix a problem if you can't reproduce it and not everyone is getting this error , just a few of us , wich makes it difficult .

Best regards,

Gérard van veldhoven

Thanks for the report Rob.  That's too bad its not reproducible.  I will continue on without PMDG I suppose as its the only addon it occurs with;  maybe one day somebody will come up with a solution for those few systems that are having this issue.

Thanks again for all your testing.

Sean Green

When I had the first MSVCR120.DLL error, it was due to an issue with a not yet V3.1-compatible DLL loaded with the sim (solved now).

Have you guys tried to run the sim with a clean DLL.xml and EXE.xml, just to exclude that there is a conflict with a third party file causing the conflict? Of course you will need the PMDG entries if you run one of their aircrafts.

Regards,

Chris

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

When I had the first MSVCR120.DLL error, it was due to an issue with a not yet V3.1-compatible DLL loaded with the sim (solved now).

Have you guys tried to run the sim with a clean DLL.xml and EXE.xml, just to exclude that there is a conflict with a third party file causing the conflict? Of course you will need the PMDG entries if you run one of their aircrafts.

Regards,

Chris

Can you please elaborate? How did you solve the issue with the MSVCR120.dll?

In my case it was just the fsinsider.dll (Multicrew experience) that caused the error. Never had an error or CTD before (Win 8.0 64 bit, 4790K, 980ti, OC, HT off). Now it is solved with an update of the developer.

But I found the cause by eliminating or deactivating the entries in the above xml files.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

So for me, i guess I am happy to report that I finally finished my long haul flight (that I attempted 3 times) without the error. For what its worth, here is a recap of my attempts.

Toronto (CYYZ) - Athens (LGAV)

1st attempt at long haul: CTD MSVCR120.dll after 8 hours

2nd attempt at the same flight with the exact same route: CTD MSVCR120.dll after 8 hours over the same point of the FPL

I realized that there is little to no chance I get the error at the exact same point so I deleted the closest possible scenery I had in that region - SkyHighSim Tivat scenery (My crash was almost directly over it well in my LOD)

3rd attempt after uninstalling the scenery and restarting my PC I can report that I landed & taxi'd (9 hours +) safely without this hideous CTD.

Like you say Rob, pretty hard to make a remedy if everyone is getting inconsistent results & cannot replicate anything.  I hope I don't see it again, that scenery was not %100 3.1 friendly so maybe it didn't like something that was happening. Fingers crossed at this point.

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

Last week i upgraded to a MSI GTX980 Ti with a 4 k television , on v3.1 and i did not have this error again ....
First i reinstalled all my addons , and after finishing installing i deleted the C++ 2010,2012 and 2013 , downloaded and reinstalled them again , made the settings in the cfg and went flying, without problems so far , this afternoon i did CYVR - EDDM with clicking and without problems , all settings are maxed out .

Same here. Two days ago I replaced my GTX750Ti with a GTX980Ti and the latest driver (361.43). I've had two 777 trips with the new video card trying to make it crash, using 2D popups more than normal, and there is no CTD.  I want a few more sessions to improve the confidence in my finding but it is great to hear someone else having same finding.

There are a few asking if we did the obvious and Gerard and I have posted extensive trail of trials in the LM forum. Yes all dll and exe addons were eliminated, yes all runtimes were reinstalled with latest from MS, and yes config was reset to defaul. Etcetera.  Appreciate the advice.

Too early to get excited, but I am really wanting this experience to be over.

Dan Downs KCRP

Any news?

Did a full reinstall of Prepar3Dv3.1, all addons including PMDG 777. After 6 to 7 hours into the longhaul flight I get a crash to desktop because of this.

Any news?

Did a full reinstall of Prepar3Dv3.1, all addons including PMDG 777. After 6 to 7 hours into the longhaul flight I get a crash to desktop because of this.

Have you tried to only have the sceneries of the departure and arrival airport active? I would deactivate all others for a test.

Handy tool for that: SimStarter

Regards,

Chris

--

Have you tried to only have the sceneries of the departure and arrival airport active? I would deactivate all others for a test.

Handy tool for that: SimStarter

Well... since I did a clean install only those sceneries are active. Well ok... Heathrow Extended is there too. But I want that to be that way. I was able to do this flight without a problem before with the same settings.

The thing is that this error is, at least for me, reproducible.

I don't know if it is 3 or 5 hours into the flight but it will happen. Flight goes from one addon airport to the other (FlyTampa LOWW to FSDreamteam KJFK v2).

My system:

Intel core i7 4790k

16GB RAM

GeForce GTX 980

P3D on SSD

Addons:

FS Global 2010 FTX Edition

FTX Global

FTX Global Vector

FTX OpenLC Europe

REX 4 Texture Direct

Opus FSI

PrecipitFX

P3D Migration Tool (disabled at the time of the flight)

PMDG 777

FlyTampa Vienna

FSDreamteam KJFK v2

FSDreamteam GSX

Hi guys,

Just want to let you know that I experienced no CTD's since obeying the 'thou shalt not open a DU' rule. Did three consecutive longhaul flights in the PMDG777X.

Have you tried setting the Prepar3D.exe to "run as administrator"?  (reaching for straws here).

Good point. Didn´t know that P3D should be run in administrator mode. Since running in administrator mode P3D suddenly appeared to be able to remove scenery from the scenery library. I was not running P3D v3.1 in administrator mode at the time the CTD's occurred.

Best regards,

Eduard Wildknaap

In my case, the MSVCR120 event had nothing to do with sceneries or any addon like GSX, ASN, etc., and of course P3D was always ran with admin rights LOL.  I did have a similar but separate problem with an Italian/English pair of VC++ runtime modules. As long as I didn't touch the Left DU there was no crash, if the L DU (PFD) 2D popup was used then there was a crash about 3 hr (or 2.5-4 hr) into the session regardless of time compression in either the NGX or 777.

In my case, which I stress, the solution was a new video card. I have had four long haul 777 trips and one long NGX trip and no CTD.  Goodbye 2GB video card, hello 6GB GTX980Ti. Maybe it was just the update to NVidia 361.43 but I doubt it.  This seems implausible but maybe possible because it didn't happen with v2.4/2.5 and started with v3.0 and carried into v3.1. LM moved processing to the video card in v3.0 so just maybe this is part of the picture.  At least one other has reported the same result of going to a new video card. Maybe?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,

same fore me , the MSVCR120 crashes are gone since i upgraded to a GTX980Ti , but for me the question remains why there are only a few with these crashes , maybe for others the flight didn't last long enough to trigger this error , while i did read that others could fly long hauls so why only a few with this error, i don't know .

My previous card was a GTX980 gaming with 4GB mem , so certainly no light card , tried different drivers with this card to no avail.

I should have all the parts to start my new PC Build tomorrow which includes a new 980TI.  I currently use a 970 and am plagued with the issue.  I've now been flying the 777 for about 9 hours straight with another 6 to go with no crash but I have not even come close to touching the left DU.

Yesterday I would not be able to go more than 3 if I touched the display.  For now I'm happy as I really have no need to expand the display, I just make and EZDOK camera view closeup of the display.

Back to prepare for oceanic entry!  Happy flying everyone.  Will let you know how the new 980TI performs.

Sean Green