Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

CLOSED - The Unofficial PSS Support Forum

No doubt somewhere there is a post from an administrator as to why these forums have been closed - but as we can't search for the three-letter term 'PSS' I have not managed to locate any such thread.

Could someone please explain why these forums are now marked as 'closed'? A sad loss as far as I am concerned...

Thanks.

Hello , Avsim's Staff have been in the process of cleaning up the Forums for the last month , forums that had no posts for more than a year were among the elements being closed and removed .

Best CJ

Hi, Chuck

In this case, it was a bad idea since there was considerable data in the forum to support folks who needed to re-install PSS aircraft manually, because of the great PSS corporate closure fiasco.  In spite of BB Simulations claims, it seems that few prior customers ever received any support from them with regard to PSS legacy installation.

DJ

• Upvote 2

We can bring them back if there's a large enough desire for their return.  The forums were used rarely and there's a lot of stuff around the Internet about PSS stuff.  Is there anything in particular that you were looking for?  How to reinstall PSS aircraft manually?  Perhaps if you asked the question in the FS9, FSX, or P3D forum (or even Hangar Chat but the topic might be moved to the appropriate forum) someone would be able to answer your question.  For instance, a search of the Internet about how to install PSS aircraft into FSX can be found here at just one link - ftp://c-71-193-225-69.hsd1.or.comcast.net/Storage/FlightSim/PSS/pss2fsx3/Readme%20V3.pdf. Of course those individuals will eventually remove those links too as they clean up their websites.

I'm sure AVSIM has many more answers to your questions about PSS products in the FS9 or FSX forums as well as the Internet but, if there's a large demand, we can bring PSS back.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yes, please PLEASE bring them back online! I've been a member of AVSIM for some 13 years and have always found the PSS forums invaluable, as will many others, I am sure. (Especially invaluable since the sad demise of PSS itself of course). I may not post to them that often, but I read them regularly (like just today, when I went to post about a 777 thrust issue, and found I couldn't).

Thank you!

Why don't you post your questions/issues about the PSS 777 in the FSX or FS9 forum?  It would seem more appropriate to post this type of information about issues with thrust in PSS aircraft in the fs9 or fsx forums.  It is very difficult to weed through and moderate all of the forums we have now that are rarely used.  If someone posts a question in the FSX forum about a product we have already set up a forum for, we usually move that topic to that forum.  Sometimes our members will ask questions in forums like PSS and the questions are left unanswered for a long period of time or never answered as members rarely visit these forums.  So must members like to ask the questions or discuss the issues in the FSX or P3D or X-Plane forums instead.  I appreciate your desire to have the PSS forums reopened as you were a frequent contributor and visitor but most of the questions about PSS aircraft can be answered in the appropriate main forums where we have a lot of visitors and/or the Internet.  PSS was a very popular developer and I always loved the crisp and clear panels.  It was a shame they decided to stop contributing to the flight simulation community.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

OK, no problem with posting PSS questions to the FS9 forums in future; I agree, posts there often go unnoticed - but please keep the PSS forums available for reference at least, they are still extrememly useful for anyone flying these nice aircraft.

Martin

Would it possible to create an "archive" section and place all the inactive sections of the Avsim forum within it (for example, any subforums that haven't received posts in 6 months)? This would declutter/streamline the main forum without having to remove content that is still useful to people.

There are 8 subfora that haven't been posted in this year, they could all get archived.

New posts to archived subfora could be blocked if deemed necessary, and people directed to post in an appropriate alternative subforum that's still active.

• Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

The PSS support forum was a very useful archive.  A lot of official PSS support answers were in there and they will be nowhere else on the internet. Even if people were no longer posting in it (the unofficial support had stopped), people, including myself, would have been reading it.

Please consider reinstrating it as a locked archive.

• Upvote 2

ki9cAAb.jpg

Archive of the PSS forums here on Avsim can be found here

Many links don't work however.

RJ