Sign in to follow this  
Lucass

Strange digits (Steam Edition)

Hi Friends,

I have installed FSX Steam Version on clean Windows 10 Home. The problem is: strange digits on some displays in PMDG NGX and JS41. Look at screens:

t2577250_j41clock.jpg

t2577249_ngxovhd.jpg

It looks like some kind of problem with fonts...?

Lucas

It is a fonts problem by the look of it.

Did you install the airplane as administrator?

hmm, i have this issue in the NGX also but i never got around to trying to track down the source of the problem. i -think- i installed as admin but maybe not, that was many months ago.

i do apparently have a font installed called "PMGD_LCD Regular" so perhaps it is not finding it for some reason

tom cain - the gauges normally use a sort of LED style lighting for the digits, not the smooth helvetica-type font that is showing in the screenshots

cheers

-andy crosby

It is a fonts problem by the look of it.

Did you install the airplane as administrator?

Of course.

Andy,

quick search Windows Fonts folder and I think that there isn't any PMDG LCD font (however in FSX\Fonts folder there are...).

Andy,

quick search Windows Fonts folder and I think that there isn't any PMDG LCD font (however in FSX\Fonts folder there are...).

FSX Fonts  :wink:

FSX Root Folder > Fonts

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

don't understand you :/

Do you know solution of this problem?

Lucas

Do you know solution of this problem?

I'm saying that you need to look in the right folder for your fonts, if you're checking places for fonts.

Navigate to your root FSX folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\ etc etc etc  - wherever your FSX folder happens to be), and look for a folder called Fonts. That's where you'd look.

As far as solving the problem, if you're sure you have a problem, there's always the support system (linked in my signature). You might want to try running the installer as an administrator and selecting "Repair." That might help. If it doesn't, submit a ticket.

Kyle Rodgers

Wouldnt installing the font from the fsx/fonts folder solve this problem, if it is in the folder?

sig1.png
sig2.png

Wouldnt installing the font from the fsx/fonts folder solve this problem, if it is in the folder?

as long  as  the  fonts  install exe  is  there  yea

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I have similiar problem with PMDG J41 where I didn't see anything on FMS exept yellow squares. On PMDG page there is solution: copy (install) concrete font (I don't remember now the name of font) from \FSX\Fonts to Windows fonts.

as long  as  the  fonts  install exe  is  there  yea

Fonts dont come as an exe, you can just install the font file itself most of the times.

sig1.png
sig2.png

You might want to try running the installer as an administrator and selecting "Repair." That might help. If it doesn't, submit a ticket.

i ran the installer and did repair (i actually had on older version so i grabbed the newest instalelr, hadn't opened the ops center in a while i guess) and it didn't make a difference. however, after that i copied all the fonts from the fsx/fonts directory into my windows fonts and that fixed it.

cheers

-andy crosby

Hi

I submitted a ticket 2 days ago, but didn't get reply for now ;)

Thanks for info, Andy

Regards,

Hi

I submitted a ticket 2 days ago, but didn't get reply for now ;)

Thanks for info, Andy

Regards,

Normally it helps to choose all the PMDG fonts in the FSX-SE "Fonts" folder (standard path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fonts), right-click them and choose "install". This will install the selected fonts into Windows' fonts folder from where the programs (usually) read the font data.

See picture below:

pmdg-fonts-install-fsx-se.png?dl=0

Greetings,

Claus

BTW: I lost the PMDG fonts inside the Windows fonts folder about twice over the last 4 years or so. Re-Installing them via the above mentioned method always helped in my case.