Sign in to follow this  
alderon57

Which mesh are you using?

Just wondering what mesh product people are using with P3D?  I was thinking of the FSG 10M mesh for the USA.  I also have a ton of US 19M mesh from my FS2004 install.  Will they work?

All guidance appreciated.

Ron

I'm using FreeMeshX, you can find it on their own section of this forum. It can be combined with other meshes and detailing is very good.

Cheers!

Maarten

FreeMeshX here as well. It's worldwide, free and really improves on scenery.

You can always add regional meshes if you find higher resolution ones.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I was using FSGenesis Europe stuff from FSX using the EMT but I kept on getting elevation problems at add-on airports. So nothing for now, but I am tempted to put the FreeMesh on - has anyone had any problems with that and add-on airports?

FreemeshX is excellent and upgrades most of the rest of the globe to stock US level, and a better mesh for US is supposedly in the making.

EDIT: No major plateauing or pitting were observed barring FSX limitation, at least with FTX Vector elevation fix.

FS Global 2010

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Well, I'm biased. FreeMeshX Global.

But until I've finished this FreeMeshX - USA mesh to my satisfaction, there are many cheap meshes out there for the USA.

Look into http://www.lcsims.com/ by Meshman.

• Upvote 1