Sign in to follow this  
simon747

Liking the C90GTX -- GTN750 Mod

Not sure what you want me to fix..

When you begin a descent with VS by selecting the desired new altitude, the AP immediately commands a 1000 ft/min descent rate. More convenient if the descent does not begin until the pilot selects VS and dials in the desired descent rate. Not so much of an issue at TOD in cruise, but during an RNAV type approach one would like to be able to say select MDA and then dial in a typical descent rate of say 600 ft/sec shortly thereafter. So it would be nice if the default VS were zero rather than 1000. In some aircraft the default VS is shown in the aircraft.cfg and is easily modified but not so for this one. Opening the .mxl file for the AP, the number 1000 appears a number of times but way beyond my capability to muck about in there. :)

This is the section:

(A:AUTOPILOT VERTICAL HOLD VAR, feet per minute) abs 500 >
                    if{
                        (A:AUTOPILOT VERTICAL HOLD VAR, feet per minute) abs (>L:TEMP_VERTICAL_HOLD_VAR, feet per minute)
                    }
                    els{
                        500 (>L:TEMP_VERTICAL_HOLD_VAR, feet per minute)
                    }

Here I have changed both "1000" to "500"

• Upvote 1

Bert

This is the section:

(A:AUTOPILOT VERTICAL HOLD VAR, feet per minute) abs 500 >

if{

(A:AUTOPILOT VERTICAL HOLD VAR, feet per minute) abs (>L:TEMP_VERTICAL_HOLD_VAR, feet per minute)

}

els{

500 (>L:TEMP_VERTICAL_HOLD_VAR, feet per minute)

}

Here I have changed both "1000" to "500"

Thank you sir. I may just be able to take it from there !

I'm not too pleased with the default navigation setup.

If I attempt to load an FSX flight, it renders the FMC useless.  If I attempt to create a flight using the FMC, it limits what airports I can use.

For example, if I try to fly from KOLM (Olympia, WA) to S47 (Tillamook, OR) it will not load S47 as my destination.  Either I'm missing something, or the default Navigraph is very, very limited.

The F1 GTN looks intriguing, but I'm balking at the price tag.  Hate to purchase something that costs more than the basic aircraft.

Not sure at this point what to do next.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

--WH

Try entering Tillamook as KS47. I've noticed using the GTN 750 that a lot of the smaller airports have a K in front of their normal designators.

• Upvote 1

KS47 still doesn't take.  KS49 (wherever that is) does take.  Maybe Tillamook isn't in the Navigraph database??

--WH

KS47 still doesn't take.  KS49 (wherever that is) does take.  Maybe Tillamook isn't in the Navigraph database??

--WH

This happens in the real world as well. Not every airport is included even in the big databases. That is why the real avionics allow for pilot created waypoints. This is a feature that Careando decided to not include in their rendition.

S47 is now KTMK

Yes, and as such to be found in the current Navigraph dataset.

Hans

Well, KTMK works.  Had no idea it had changed.  I just have to remember what to enter when I use the Navigraph system.  Wonder how many other differences there are as compared to the stock FSX ICAO codes?

Thanks for the responses and answer.

--WH

Also disabled carenavigraph and she's smooth as silk.

How do you disable the Carenavigraph? 

--- Jim  ---

How do you disable the Carenavigraph? 

Disable it in the DLL.xml file and/or rename the dll in the root Flightsim folder.

Bert

Ah, got it.  Thanks Bert, don't know why I didn't look in the dll.xml file.  Senior moment I guess.

--- Jim  ---