Sign in to follow this  
reecemj

Realair Legacy Release

Rob (and the rest of the RA Team), I want to publicly apologize for a couple of passive aggressive posts I made about the length of time that the update was taking. I had no idea of the amount of upgrading that was going on, or that a lot of it was even possible. I purchased the aircraft on the night of release, and put 6.7 hours on the hobbs meter without getting out of my chair. I have never been so captivated by an aircraft in the sim. The only other thing that comes close is the PMDG aircraft, but that is just time playing around with the systems modeling.

If the Legacy is any hint as to what is coming with the Duke, I am very excited, but will wait patiently this time. The Duke is absolutely my favorite GA twin, and I cannot wait to see what you have in store for us in V2. I am reasonably sure that the bar has truly been raised throughout the entire flight sim community. Fantastic job!

Glad you think the wait was worth it. There are only two of us and we have a very small test team as we find that gives better results in the end. I can't promise the Duke piston upgrade will have all of the Legacy functions and as it is already designated V2 it will probably be Version 2.5. There will definitely be GTN integration and a couple of sound and airflow effects upgrades. Beyond that I can't be sure until we are close to seeing what works. Thanks for your apology but I know your posts were made out of enthusiasm so no hard feelings!

best wishes,

Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Which is too bad for us mere mortals. His often very nice showcases are of less and less value as an insight into how things might run and how it looks, because his hardware is so far ahead of most of the sim community's. Maybe time for a poor man's machine for showcasing performance?

A single 980Ti GPU ($700) will produce the same results (on my system) ... in most of my videos I operate non-SLI (single GPU).  I've also done testing on my older hardware with 970 with good results, just dial a few sliders down a notch or two.  

I've posted in other threads what one needs for hardware to get similar results, it's about $3100 for complete system including 4K monitor.  I have NO idea what people are willing to spend as I've seen $80,000 cockpits, $2000+ yokes being used, and much more ... so I'm not going to guess at what the "typical" system contains or costs.

Cheers, Rob.

A single 980Ti GPU ($700) will produce the same results (on my system) ... in most of my videos I operate non-SLI (single GPU).  I've also done testing on my older hardware with 970 with good results, just dial a few sliders down a notch or two.  

I've posted in other threads what one needs for hardware to get similar results, it's about $3100 for complete system including 4K monitor.  I have NO idea what people are willing to spend as I've seen $80,000 cockpits, $2000+ yokes being used, and much more ... so I'm not going to guess at what the "typical" system contains or costs.

Cheers, Rob.

We deliberately use "old" technology to test our products. For the Legacy V2 I've used a slightly "underclocked" (for stability) i7 processor that is five years old, with 8 gigs RAM and a GTX 550 (ancient by today's standards). I still get a healthy 35-50 fps inside the cockpit except at busy airports but I am sensible with scenery, traffic and weather etc. So you can get Rob Ainscough's performance, as he says, by simply reducing a few sliders.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Rob,

Your video of the RA  Legacy at/around Meigs is a joy to watch.   Thanks for taking the time to produce, edit and posting here.  It simply shows the best of LM, Real Air and ORBX in the year 2016.  KEEP 'EM COMING   :wub:

WAT1460.png

Hey Folks,

just a short question. Did anyone of you new legacy owners tried a LPV or LNAV/VNAV Approach? In my case: The Autopilot followed only the lateral guidance and the GS bar on the HSI was not active. The LPV and also LNAV/VNAV (second try, different app.) was active in the GTN750 and the CDI has been set to GPS, Approach and Alt hold button pressed before reaching the FAF. 

thank you in advance for your reply

EDHE

LPV works just fine for me..

Here is a good place to test it:

KTPA,  RNAV 01L, via PIE.

Fly at 2000 ft AGL and let the autopilot handle the rest, in NAV mode.

Do not push APR button until the HSI glidepath indicators are active.

Bert

I have all four Dukes, Spitfire, and Legacy. The Dukes V2, Spit, and Legacy are favorites and flown frequently. No doubt I will add the updated Legacy before the week is out. RealAir is one of very few absolutely top developers both in products and support.

Now a question: What are the GPS panels shown in the RealAir screenshots? I have RealityXP 430 and 530 in use now but this plane deserves something better.

I'm assuming that those beautiful units aren't included. ;)

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

hello again,

Does this version work in shared cockpit mode?

The website says nothing about it and so far my question has not found any reply....

Thank you

Hi yankeegolf,

This is a general forum and I try to answer queries as they arise but for support or queries not covered here you can email us at any time. May I ask you to email Sean (his email address is on our website). As far as I know shared cockpit should work but Sean might be able to confirm this.

I have all four Dukes, Spitfire, and Legacy. The Dukes V2, Spit, and Legacy are favorites and flown frequently. No doubt I will add the updated Legacy before the week is out. RealAir is one of very few absolutely top developers both in products and support.

Now a question: What are the GPS panels shown in the RealAir screenshots? I have RealityXP 430 and 530 in use now but this plane deserves something better.

I'm assuming that those beautiful units aren't included. ;)

You can download the Legacy guide from our website without being a customer and it has all the info you need. We integrate the flight 1 GTN gauges and that is what you are seeing.

I have both P3D v2.5 and v3.1 on my computer, one for ORBX, the other for GEX/UTX. Can I install the Lancair Legacy V2 into both version 2.5 and 3.1 or only one of the two? I was gong to e-mail the question to support, but thought others maybe interested in this information also.

Thanks,

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Another question to the COMMUNITY : Would you like to see the Spitfire in updated in- and exterior ?

Another question to the COMMUNITY : Would you like to see the Spitfire in updated in- and exterior ?

Lancair V2 installed; made a short trip from Innsbruck to Friedrichshafen also to test the new gauges lighting. Forgot the O2; pilot had difficult times. Aircraft flies like a dream - as the Dukes V2 do allready. Many thanks Rob and friends.

Small question for RealAir : Are here som intentions to bring the Spitfire to the same level (interior and exterior) as the Lancair ? Would be wonderful.

Cheers,

Ben Rikken

I'm in for an updated RealAir Spitfire, we really need one in P3DV3:)

Hi yankeegolf,

This is a general forum and I try to answer queries as they arise but for support or queries not covered here you can email us at any time. May I ask you to email Sean (his email address is on our website). As far as I know shared cockpit should work but Sean might be able to confirm this.

Thank you Rob. Don't worry I was not asking for a reply from you but from someone who owns the Lancair and has access to the manual. I will send an email to Sean. Thank you.

I have both P3D v2.5 and v3.1 on my computer, one for ORBX, the other for GEX/UTX. Can I install the Lancair Legacy V2 into both version 2.5 and 3.1 or only one of the two? I was gong to e-mail the question to support, but thought others maybe interested in this information also.

Thanks,

Ted

Yes you can Ted. You can run the installer twice, using the same keycode, and taking the option for either P3d2 or P3d3.1

Chalk another potential customer up here for an updated P3D3 spit :)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Yes! Been away for a few days and there it is! Pity I don't have time to get it right now but I certainly will!!! It's been way too long since I flew the Legacy and after flying low and very slow for ages this one comes exactly in time! Turbo and all! Awesome! Can't wait to take it for a flight but I'll have to, bummer. But well, it's nice having something to look forward too. ;) Thanks in advance for this long awaited release!

LPV works just fine for me..

Here is a good place to test it:

KTPA,  RNAV 01L, via PIE.

Fly at 2000 ft AGL and let the autopilot handle the rest, in NAV mode.

Do not push APR button until the HSI glidepath indicators are active.

Hi Bert,

thank you very much for your answer. I tried several approaches on Tampa R01L but it didn´t work.

Now i was able to find the reason for that issue. Checked the F1 Forum regarding the LPV (GS) error

and after reading i recognized that my version of the GTN (1.03) was outdated. Then updated to 1.13 and everything

works fine - GS indicator coming up and the autopilot function works like a charme.

best regards

EDHE