Sign in to follow this  
reecemj

Realair Legacy Release

I just don't understand how you are running KCGX so smoothly. Their is practically no hiccup and completely fluid all the way through. Making me think my hardware is on the verge of obsolete. 

Rob's running like $2500 in GPUs alone... there's a reason his sim runs so smooth ;)

Try setting Airplane=3 in the F1GTN.ini file.

Will give you a better little airplane on the GTN screen  :smile:

Where do I find the F1GTN.ini?

Thanks

Pete

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Rob's running like $2500 in GPUs alone... there's a reason his sim runs so smooth ;)

Ok well nevermind...I actually tried to replicate the same situation, weather, disabled vehicle traffic as in the video, while keeping air traffic in a reasonable range, and achieved similar performance. Actually I think my problem was the frozen lake settings in Miegs config and Vector. I disabled both and has improved performance somewhat. Also looks better without imo. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Great release, excited to try, but currently my FS budget is waiting for the FSLabs Concorde 1.3... if it doesn't come in the next week this Legacy will be mine!

SolRayz, Exactly what molleh said along with some darn nice tweaking to run a 30HZ monitor.... he's got the top of the heap system and direct connections to LM, depends how much you want to pay to play... there can be some awesome results!  The rest of us get a glimpse at the future!

Where do I find the F1GTN.ini?

Thanks

Pete

In the Legacy airplane folder.

Bert

Which is too bad for us mere mortals. His often very nice showcases are of less and less value as an insight into how things might run and how it looks, because his hardware is so far ahead of most of the sim community's. Maybe time for a poor man's machine for showcasing performance? ☺

-Roland

Which is too bad for us mere mortals. His often very nice showcases are of less and less value as an insight into how things might run and how it looks, because his hardware is so far ahead of most of the sim community's. Maybe time for a poor man's machine for showcasing performance? ☺o

He not only runs $2500 GPUs but also an overclocked 8-core CPU. His videos and information on performance are indicative of what is generally possible (by throwing a lot of money at it) but certainly not very informative for the average simmer. Nevertheless, I enjoy his videos because he nicely showcases new add-ons.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Rob (and the rest of the RA Team), I want to publicly apologize for a couple of passive aggressive posts I made about the length of time that the update was taking. I had no idea of the amount of upgrading that was going on, or that a lot of it was even possible. I purchased the aircraft on the night of release, and put 6.7 hours on the hobbs meter without getting out of my chair. I have never been so captivated by an aircraft in the sim. The only other thing that comes close is the PMDG aircraft, but that is just time playing around with the systems modeling.

If the Legacy is any hint as to what is coming with the Duke, I am very excited, but will wait patiently this time. The Duke is absolutely my favorite GA twin, and I cannot wait to see what you have in store for us in V2. I am reasonably sure that the bar has truly been raised throughout the entire flight sim community. Fantastic job!

• Upvote 1

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Hey Folks,

just a short question. Did anyone of you new legacy owners tried a LPV or LNAV/VNAV Approach? In my case: The Autopilot followed only the lateral guidance and the GS bar on the HSI was not active. The LPV and also LNAV/VNAV (second try, different app.) was active in the GTN750 and the CDI has been set to GPS, Approach and Alt hold button pressed before reaching the FAF. 

thank you in advance for your reply

EDHE

Hey Folks,

just a short question. Did anyone of you new legacy owners tried a LPV or LNAV/VNAV Approach? In my case: The Autopilot followed only the lateral guidance and the GS bar on the HSI was not active. The LPV and also LNAV/VNAV (second try, different app.) was active in the GTN750 and the CDI has been set to GPS, Approach and Alt hold button pressed before reaching the FAF. 

thank you in advance for your reply

EDHE

I don't believe the Legacy supports VNAV, GTN or not.  

The Turbine Duke has the same GTN/autopilot combo and you use the GPS for lateral guidance and manage the descent yourself, either as a continuous rate descent with checkpoints or as a series of step descents, all performed with the VS autopilot mode.

This video shows a decent example of what I mean, again in the TDuke.

The GTN doesn't do VNAV (you can plan a decesnt with the calculator tool). The Legacy/T Duke will fly an RNAV (GPS) approach with LPV minimums though. The approach plate must say LPV though.

edit: pic

approach plate: http://aeronav.faa.gov/d-tpp/1601/00125r9.pdf

rnav9dlh.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

First of all, what a fantastic release Realair team, I'm impressed! A question springs to mind though. especially after looking at Ryans screen above. How does a pilot use a double transponder? In a setup with two GTN units you automatically get two transponders. How do you set those? I figure you set one of them in 'standby'. Do you have to remember (or ad to the checklist of an aircraft) which is your active transponder? In Ryans shot both are set to 'alt'. How does this look on the receiving end?

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Yeah in real world there's an option to disable it if I recall. Usually higher end planes have double transponders.

What I wish is that the F1 GTN would work online so I can use mode C and ident functions

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Lancair V2 installed; made a short trip from Innsbruck to Friedrichshafen also to test the new gauges lighting. Forgot the O2; pilot had difficult times.  Aircraft flies like a dream - as the Dukes V2 do allready. Many thanks Rob and friends.

Small question for RealAir : Are here som intentions to bring the Spitfire to the same level (interior and exterior) as the Lancair ? Would be wonderful.

Another question to the COMMUNITY : Would you like to see the Spitfire in updated in- and exterior ?

Cheers,

Ben Rikken