Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

CLS DC-10v2 for Existing Owners

I installed V1.01 and found no improvement. I'll try again.

Fresh download does seem to have better VAS use

Hans Soule

I'm doing ok with my flights no problems with the new fresh install thanks Albert 

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I also got this plane because I am desperate for a good DC-10 on the FSX. I had my first long haul flight in one and love those vintage cockpits along with the special engine sounds. ;)

Alright here is my personal short review: I can confirm that even with the latest version this bird eats more VAS than a PMDG plane. And trust me: I was happy to have that OOM problem defeated after altering my bufferpool value. The plane sure looks good, has dynamic wing flex and nice night lighting inside as well as outside.

There are still issues not fixed which were there at v1, for example power loss even with APU on. Sound was also just re-used from v1, which means its FS9 style = no cones.

FDE seems better though. v1 was famous for being ridiculously overpowered, this time it feels more natural, but a bit "static". Systems are kept too simple for my taste since I am used to PMDG, Aerosoft Airbus and CaptainSims vintage planes, but since on such old aircraft there were in fact not much things that could be "programmed", its ok.

Autopilot is still quite simple. You can't set it to hold n1 and use the overflow in kinetic energy to keep climbing (i.e. lvl change mode), this has to be done via v/s mode only.

Overall, you notice that the devs linked cockpit functions to the Systems that are already in default FS instead of using external modules like other devs do.

Overall, i don't really know who this plane is supposed to be for now. Systems-wise its clearly a biginners plane, but being a not-so-well-known old airliner (except for mayday watchers, after some horrible incidents in the 70s and 80s), I don't think that many casual simmers would actually buy a DC-10.

A shame after all, I will still be waiting for a really good, more professionally done DC-10 and 747-200.

Hello all, :smile:

It has been a while since the once-long awaited release of the CLS/Just Flight DC-10v2 with revamped textures and a much improved VC (!!). I'm sure you all would agree with me in how much of a step-up this was from the original DC-10. My question is, for a year has anyone heard anything of a version for existing owners of the DC-10(v1), similar to their 747 upgrade? Saw a post from the Simflight forums confirming an upgrade path, but have heard nothing from CLS/JF since. Any ideas?

Product upgrade was released in July 2015 and announced here.  Any additional release information is advertising.  Topic closed.

EDIT:  Think I'll merge this with the release topic instead.

Edited by Jim Young

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10