Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

CLS DC-10v2 for Existing Owners

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Although this is a lite product, the introductory price of $22 certainly is a bargain considering that there is no other DC-10 product for FSX (I could be mistaken).

I notice it's by CLS, wonder if the graphics have improved over previous models?

Don't waste your money. I bought their 747 'HD'/'V2' and it is awful. The textures are only marginally nicer than the original's, and for some reason they messed with the flight dynamics so that it handles more like a Cessna than a 747. When I emailed them about it, they responded "sorry you don't like it" and refused to even acknowledge that there was a problem with it. Also, it gave me my only P3D OOM.

But I really, really hope that Mr. Womacks' review will show that they didn't do the same thing again. I love the DC-10, and a better version than the original CLS is definitely needed. 

Hey all they just released the plane I'll be doing a review of it later on today. Its got a temporary price cut to just $21 dollars.

http://www.justflight.com/product/dc10-collection-hd-10-to-40

Will your review come out before the sale price is over? I am thinking of getting this plane and would really like some input from those that have purchased it.

Thanks,

paul

Will your review come out before the sale price is over? I am thinking of getting this plane and would really like some input from those that have purchased it.

Thanks,

paul

Yes I'll be posting on YouTube soon.

Please also let me know your thoughts as well. I am not expecting much for that price but would like a mostly functional airplane.

Thanks,

paul

Thanks,

paul

Discount is for the first 2 weeks (starting 30/7).

Unfortunately It looks little better than their old DC-10 for FS2004. You would assume that given the MD-80 a few years ago they have upped their game in terms of graphics.

Thanks, changed my mind because Just Flight is having a small sale and the 146 200/300 is only $14.95.

Thanks, changed my mind because Just Flight is having a small sale and the 146 200/300 is only $14.95.

I would rather spend some more money and go for the Qualitwings Sale of their "Ultimate 146 collection": http://qualitywingssim.com/146.html

I would have been more interested in the CLS DC-10 if the FMC used Navigraph/Navdata Pro rather than the default FSX/P3D database. At least that is the impression I got from reading about the features. 

I just purchased it (and have their original DC10) and there is indeed a considerable improvement in the graphics from the original version. Still not top of the line but for those that really want a DC-10 in their hangar, as I do, then it is certainly a step up. As for the important stuff... I am just starting to look at it but I am keeping in mind that this is marketed and sold as an F-Lite product and I purchased it for $20. There have certainly been additions and changes and now we will see how these stand up.

I'm quite happy. Loved the FS9 version so it's great to have it in P3D now! Visually is a big improvement.

Unfortunately/strangely it is rather a big VAS eater, hmm. I hope that get's sorted out in a coming update.

I went over to the HJG website to get the fantastic soundpacks they have there for the 10. Proper FSX sound-cones and the three engine types (CF6-6, CF6-50 and JT9D) are available. Happy days!

All we need now is a few good United paints ;)

Video up yet?

Yep sorry that it took so long I was having an issue where my sim was running 60fps in windowed mode but only 8-10fps in full screen so I had to rebuild my .Cfg with all my tweaks.(Not the DC-10s fault) As stated before this plane uses a huge amount of VAS about 1.2GB in the VC this is compared to 700mb for the PMDG 777 so if you are getting OOMS in that plane beware! I was sitting at about 3.4gb of VAS on the runway with this on a clear day and with 20% traffic if it was cloudy I would have OOM'd.

The review itself.

Thanks David for the mini review. I don't think I am going to get it due to the VAS problems a few here are experimenting . What are the VC texture sizes and are they mipmapped?

Great video, thanks. It is a problem using so much VAS though.

Thanks David for the mini review. I don't think I am going to get it due to the VAS problems a few here are experimenting . What are the VC texture sizes and are they mipmapped?

According to the sales page they are 2048.

Thanks for the review, David.

I was tempted to buy it, but your remark about the VAS made the descision for me.

I was tempted to buy it, but your remark about the VAS made the descision for me.

Yea if they can get that issue fixed it really would be a decent plane.

Yea if they can get that issue fixed it really would be a decent plane.

I was surprised to see this announced out of no where. However I reckon I will save the money for a future aircraft based on what I have seen so far. And I have been dying to get my hands on a nice 3 hole tubeliner. It seems all of the previous projects, that were great, have been left to rot. Thanks PMDG/A2A/RA for setting the bar so high. :)