Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simicro

A few questions to Dreamfleet Baron Users

Good evening, I am interested in purchasing the Dreanfleet Baron, but I have a few questions: 1) Are the prop sounds very realistic (e.g. when moving to full r.p.m. from cruise setting or vice versa)?, 2) Is the drag simulated when moving from cruise setting to full rpm? 3) Are single engine operations realistic (within the confines of FS)? 4) Does it perform realistically when flying by the numbers?Thanks in advance for your helpful responsesJ.C. (MYNN)PPL ASEL,AMEL

Yes, yes, yes and yes. It is the most realistic GA depiction to date IMHO and IMNSHO too. You just can't go wrong getting it, you're going to absolutely love it... and yes I was a beta tester for it. That is my partial and impartial opinion.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I just picked up the A36 a few weeks ago and can't bring myself to buying a similar plane. Plus they are updating the A36 too so I will be happy for a bit. I am sure the baron is a dream to fly though.

It is Big Al. I was thinking like you but just had to have it. A guy who's horses I help train owns a baron and I have been in it a few times so this was a must have for me.I think it is way better than the A36 except for the fact I wish it had the weather radar. You also can't beat the price. If I could only keep one it would be the Baron. I just did a couple flight's in it. From CYKZ to KPVD then KPVD to KLGA.Neat indeed!XP Home SP2Asus P4P800-SE Intel 3.0GHZDDR 400 D/C 4x512MBLeadtek 6800GT 256MB (77.72)SB AudigyCH Products Yoke/Pedals USBSee you in the fence...CYYZ

>Yes, yes, yes and yes. It is the most realistic GA depiction>to date IMHO and IMNSHO too. You just can't go wrong getting>it, you're going to absolutely love it... and yes I was a beta>tester for it. That is my partial and impartial opinion.How about posting a screen shot of the default VC position - facing foward at 75% zoom.I really like the VC position of the Dreamfleet C310 and the Carenado Mentor -- but many others are very awkward to fly from . It is after all a simulator and you have to be able to see the gauges to fly it .Barry

Guest FattyBear

I agree the Baron is awesome. The RealityXp stuff especially their new smooth gauges makes it really immersive and a pleasure to fly. And it's a bargain

Guest gasebah

#### I wanted to save the money and all the time to adjust my homecockpit. Right now I drive the C310. But I guess I will have to take the plunge and get the Baron after reading all this.Alex

>>Yes, yes, yes and yes. It is the most realistic GA>depiction>>to date IMHO and IMNSHO too. You just can't go wrong>getting>>it, you're going to absolutely love it... and yes I was a>beta>>tester for it. That is my partial and impartial opinion.>>How about posting a screen shot of the default VC position ->facing foward at 75% zoom.>>I really like the VC position of the Dreamfleet C310 and the>Carenado Mentor -- but many others are very awkward to fly>from . It is after all a simulator and you have to be able to>see the gauges to fly it .>>BarryYour wish is my command. Here's two views of the Baron VC, default eyepoint, at 75% and 100% zoom. The instrumentation is different in mine; I have a "lite" version that I've used Erik Fjellstadt's panel files from reality-xp.com on to refit my own RXP stuff in there (GNS530, GNS430, SN3308, WX500, GI102, GTX327, GMA340). No editing except to crop off the menu bars, resize to 1024x768, and sharpen them a little.I usually fly at 75% zoom. Oh, and the VC performance is quite good; in fact, maybe because of my RXP refit, I get BETTER performance in the VC. I get these weird stutters every half-second in the 2D cockpit, and I don't get them in every other view. It didn't do that before I played with the Lite version panel, so it's not Dreamfleet's problem, it's something I caused. But the VC is very smooth.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/128506.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/128507.jpgLewis "Moose" GregoryRichmond, Virginia

Alex, I was a DF C310's fan for years.Then came the A36...And now the Baron.New technologies, fantastic synergy with Reality XP, nothing to compare, really!Take the plunge, you won't regret it :-)PS: I've just uploaded at Avsim a new panel config including RXP's Flight Line Wx500 + Sandel ST3400 and bringing few small cosmetics changes in the panel.Best regards,David

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Thanks for that Moose-- I can see that the VC is "flyable" . Many VCs are designed such that you can only see the top pf the glareshield and the first row of instruments at even 75% zoom I know that you can pan around -- but that i find to be annoying Barry

As for performing by the numbers, I am working on creating a fuel planning app for the plane, and so far I have found the performance to be very accurate with the numbers from the manual. (see my signature for a link to the beta version)

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest Simicro

Hi Gregory, what is the scenery where you took the screenshots ? The mesh seems default but I can see a wooden thing...