Sign in to follow this  
tarere

Prepar3D v3.2 is out !

Installed just the V3.2 client only. Wizzo! Smooth as a baby's. Good frame rates on my ancient computer with a humble GTX 580.

Scenery/autogen set dense, cloud shadows and modest clouds: 100 fps easily with (FSX) default C172. 85 fps with default B737. 55 fps with our own stuff. With Vsync on and around 30 fps limited (it DOES work) even smoother and barely a tear.

Impressed with the new AA. Still need 2x SGSS but almost all shimmers eliminated. For the first time I can throw aeroplanes all around the sky with abandon and not worry about stutters or frame drops.

Congrats LM. It's getting there.

Sorry for slight negative: What on earth is happening with that dreadful "MAP". It loads like a delayed drunken tortoise and moving the aircraft icon is like watching paint dry. Could we please have a decent map that is sizeable, not a tiny square, and doesn't function like an Amiga computer app from the 1980s! Perhaps it is the next on the list.

But well done LM anyway.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I hope they will look at "night being too bright problem" in p3d in the future.

Not sure what you mean thats why they have a brightness and hdr sliders so you can make these changes to your liking 

Rich Sennett

I backed up my autogen folder but decided to just reinstall orbx SoCal as the content update will indeed mess up the orbx autogen.

Who tells you it only messes up the Autogen folder? Effects, Textures, SimObjects, there are far more possibilities. And then, restoring your backups might even negate some of the updates if you overwrite them, who knows?

All this is a bit hit-or miss, isn't is?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I tracked down the startup crash I was having after updating the client to 3.2, turns out it was a Flight Sim Labs Spotlights conflicting .dll that was the problem that I installed with their Concorde-X.

Uninstalled both FSLabs programs and now running well.  Stopped by their forum and they are working on an update to be released in a couple days.

Heads up to anyone with this installed.

Never seen so much drama in a single forum... :°D ... people hat to do a single operation: uninstall ONLY the client, and install ONLY the new client.. but yet people have unistalled scenery, modified config files, reset shaders, killed their pet... and any other sort of not required operations (that in most cases have caused issues..). Really?

Never seen so much drama in a single forum... :°D ... people hat to do a single operation: uninstall ONLY the client, and install ONLY the new client.. but yet people have unistalled scenery, modified config files, reset shaders, killed their pet... and any other sort of not required operations (that in most cases have caused issues..). Really?

You forgot " formatted their hard drive".  :wink:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

You forgot " formatted their hard drive".  :wink:

In my first reply I mentioned it.. but the latest nVidia drivers decided to blue screen my windows and I lost the message. :°D

PS: while we are here.. nVidia rolled back their bugged drivers, if you managed to install the latest ones (365..) pushed by geforce xperience for only 15 minutes (then removed) roll it back.. it killed my PC already 3 times in 30 minutes.

I hope they will look at "night being too bright problem" in p3d in the future.

TONEMAP_NIGHT_EXPOSURE_KEY in your p3d cfg file

André

:BigGrin:  

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Never seen so much drama in a single forum... :°D ... people hat to do a single operation: uninstall ONLY the client, and install ONLY the new client.. but yet people have unistalled scenery, modified config files, 

I am sorry, but the Client is not enough if you want to have the GSX window working. Don't use GSX? Good for you, but I do.

Check here

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13226.15.html

Just in case I'm not the only (happy) GSX user around.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I am sorry, but the Client is not enough if you want to have the GSX window working. Don't use GSX? Good for you, but I do.

Check here

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13226.15.html

Just in case I'm not the only (happy) GSX user around.

Kind regards, Michael

Another happy GSX user here who is a bit worried about updating the content package.

@Rob: Do you have any specific information which files and directories are touched by the content installer? Some say, you need to reinstall FTX Global after updating content. Other say you don't need to. What about the necessity to backup the autogen folder? Don't the FTX regions also put files in there? I'm not very happy that I need to go down that route to get GSX working again... But hey. On the other hand this is the price you have to pay if you want progress, right?

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Not sure what you mean thats why they have a brightness and hdr sliders so you can make these changes to your liking 

Not using HDR at the moment as I find it not very realistic (personal taste). :smile:

TONEMAP_NIGHT_EXPOSURE_KEY in your p3d cfg file

Thanks for that! Didn't know that particular setting.

Danny F

Not using HDR at the moment as I find it not very realistic (personal taste). :smile:

Ah got yah - I find it really drab without hdr and you are right its different without hdr

I find I get better performance with hdr on - strange but works for me

Rich Sennett

Sort of makes me wish they'd release an "updater application" that would walk us through the options of how to proceed and what you would/would not get by choosing certain paths.

Sorry for slight negative: What on earth is happening with that dreadful "MAP". It loads like a delayed drunken tortoise and moving the aircraft icon is like watching paint dry. Could we please have a decent map that is sizeable, not a tiny square, and doesn't function like an Amiga computer app from the 1980s!

Haha ... was that on the first run Robert?  It could have just been re-indexing and building stuff in the background.  But the MAP is definitely not what I would call "speedy" but it's essentially loading the entire globe ... it does need some optimization.

@Rob: Do you have any specific information which files and directories are touched by the content installer?

Unfortunately no, Beta users don't actually get to test with content or scenery as it's not available during Beta cycle, only client and SDK is available.  What I did in the past was install (post release) a clean full P3D V3.x onto my Test PC, then run a tool called UltraCompare and compare it with my fully loaded PC that had just the Client install. This process is TEDIOUS to say the least and I only did it once in the 3.1 beta days.  So basically I can't provide you with an answer -- others have done content and scenery installs so maybe hit them up with your question.  

I've only done the client install on my main fully loaded FS PC.

Cheers, Rob.