Sign in to follow this  
tarere

Prepar3D v3.2 is out !

Luis,

Sorry but I call bs. ASN is not working for me and assume many others.

With regards to sgss it needs to be used either 2x or 4x I am running 2 titans sc

In sli tested in heavy dense clouds with minimal 1 to 2 fps drop in pmdg 777

Unless you have a 4K then in that case you don't need sgss

Yes

Wow, that's great but I'm a bit confused at the same time since I heard people saying they are waiting for ASN to be patched to work with 3.2.

Did you do anything manually to make it work with 3.2?

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

as usual we're aware of this and we've prepared early on. Things work here internally, but still we may need a couple of days

Kostas Terzides

Lead Programmer

ASN doesn't work in 3.2 .. we're waiting for the update: http://www.hifisimtech.com/forums/showthread.php?5768-Prepar3D-version-3-2-is-out&p=28559&viewfull=1#post28559

@mikey: it's not because you have a 4k you don't need SGSS.. it all depends by the DPI (so by the size of the monitor).. I'm at 1600p and I "need" it because I use a 30" screen.

as usual we're aware of this and we've prepared early on. Things work here internally, but still we may need a couple of days
Kostas Terzides
Lead Programmer

Aware of it, and prepared early on.. but not ready after 3 days... If they prepared early on, they should have released it the same day, but yet there's nothing around. For a commercial product (because ASN isn't free) I expect a better support.

ASN doesn't work in 3.2 .. we're waiting for the update: http://www.hifisimtech.com/forums/showthread.php?5768-Prepar3D-version-3-2-is-out&p=28559&viewfull=1#post28559

@mikey: it's not because you have a 4k you don't need SGSS.. it all depends by the DPI (so by the size of the monitor).. I'm at 1600p and I "need" it because I use a 30" screen.

Aware of it, and prepared early on.. but not ready after 3 days... If they prepared early on, they should have released it the same day, but yet there's nothing around. For a commercial product (because ASN isn't free) I expect a better support.

Probably ASN can't keep up with the constant changes in P3D, and having to come up with a patch each time and beta test it first. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

for who of you that did not have low level clouds, it seems, on my part, that rex 4 is the problem. 

Reinstalling the content again will bring back the clouds in sim. I suppose the default ones.

I have tested it on my 46 inch Philips lcd tv which I use for flightsim arm which is 5 years old

And shimmers are more noticeably as tested with my 6 month old samsung 65 inch led tv shimmering is still there in distance and on ai aircraft.

Will get a 4K in near future thou for my sim

I was afraid that this might be the case. They look very similar to the old FSX waves, and I never liked them. I wonder why LM decided to add them?

Obviously there were enough people demanding them. I will reserve judgement of the P3D 3.2 incarnation until I installed the update myself (when objectflow will be working), but I dare to say, I liked the FSX wavelets and missed them. 

Some such things are just a matter of taste, aren't they?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Probably ASN can't keep up with the constant changes in P3D, and having to come up with a patch each time and beta test it first. 

P3D doesn't get updated "every day" .. :)

Also they claimed to have moved "early"...

Also they said their "internal" version is working already.. in that case they might have released a beta version (as they did in the past) published only on their forum, having time for a proper beta testing and then push the stable update (via client).

As you see, it's a matter of decision and being "professional".. i don't blame them in particular, it's the same with almost any payware products out there (uncluding stuff from PMDG, Aerosoft, QualityWings.. we're missing the update objectflow library from ORBX as well.. ecc.), some of them have expensive products on sale but their support lacks of the industry basics... but we're OT in this thread. :)

Obviously there were enough people demanding them. I will reserve judgement of the P3D 3.2 incarnation until I installed the update myself (when objectflow will be working), but I dare to say, I liked the FSX wavelets and missed them. 

Some such things are just a matter of taste, aren't they?

Kind regards, Michael

I too liked the waves in FSX. Sure...they were far from 100% realistically looking but at least to me they added some life into the sim like many other minor things like a couple of boats/ships, some cars on the roads etc etc.

So I'm happy they are back in 3.2 and look forward to check them out myself in the near future I hope.

Richard Åsberg

And gsx is not working also

GSX can be fixed by not only updating the client but also the content package. Or at least so I heard, not running GSX myself anymore. I guess you should also make sure to download and run the latest Standalone Addon Manager from FSDT.

Richard Åsberg

As you see, it's a matter of decision and being "professional".. i don't blame them in particular, it's the same with almost any payware products out there (uncluding stuff from PMDG, Aerosoft, QualityWings.. we're missing the update objectflow library from ORBX as well.. ecc.), some of them have expensive products on sale but their support lacks of the industry basics... but we're OT in this thread. :)

While I am waiting for the updates, too. I wouldn't blame them too much. ASN/ORBX can do the updates only after the final version is out, otherwise they could miss last-minute variable shifts and the thing would just crash. After that they will certainly need a couple of days for testing, so this is where we're now.

The thing to blame, perhaps, is that whole hacking outside the SDK approach, but there is hope for improvement soon: Dovetail will regulate all this in their forthcoming simulator for the 3rd parties and customers alike. No hacking allowed anymore. Fullstop.  :unsure:

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Dovetail will regulate all this in their forthcoming simulator for the 3rd parties and customers alike. No hacking allowed anymore. Fullstop.

And no networking support (at least on Steam) 

GSX can be fixed by not only updating the client but also the content package. Or at least so I heard, not running GSX myself anymore. I guess you should also make sure to download and run the latest Standalone Addon Manager from FSDT.

t

Cheers mate