Sign in to follow this  
tarere

Prepar3D v3.2 is out !

Hi gents,

Maybe already stated somewhere in this topic, not sure.

Willing to update to 3.2, client.msi and content.msi only as I did for 3.1 (as soon as ASN is fixed).

Question is: will content update affect someway my Orbx FTX Trees and GEX (F1 Ground enviroment P3D) installations?

If so, do I have to uninstall/re-install them after the update?

Thanks guys for any reply. Cheers,

I'm running the items you listed.

I can't really explain what happened, I was having to do a lot of "life" stuff during client and content update, but I ended up having to reinstall GEX. The GUI quit responding to mouse clicks so I couldn't re-enable GEX after update. 

I didn't use F1 wrapper to reinstall, I just used the extracted installer in the F1 directory.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Why is this?  

Simply because he doesn't like FXAA. It's a personal opinion and not something mandatory. Most users don't like FXAA because it is a very simple and raw method to sort of reduce jaggies by (simply put) blurring the entire screen. It's the first thing I turn off when I reinstall P3D. Some people like it however. It's all up to you.

Hi gents,

Maybe already stated somewhere in this topic, not sure.

Willing to update to 3.2, client.msi and content.msi only as I did for 3.1 (as soon as ASN is fixed).

Question is: will content update affect someway my Orbx FTX Trees and GEX (F1 Ground enviroment P3D) installations?

If so, do I have to uninstall/re-install them after the update?

Thanks guys for any reply. Cheers,

Reading the changelog the only reason for you to update the content package is if you're running a 32-bit Windows version.

Richard Åsberg

Reading the changelog the only reason for you to update the content package is if you're running a 32-bit Windows version.

Thanks WebMaximus, but what about this (using also GSK unfortunately)?

http://www.avsim.com/topic/484828-p3d-v32-sode-or-gsx-update-information/

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

AA reports should state what monitor is in use.

What works for 4K might not work for 1080p.

Different scenery can require different AA too.

Also not everyone has a Carenado plane.

gb.

2560x1440 BenQ 32" here, 980Ti. Alabeo Titan was used for my test flight around Hawaii. So far most obvious improvement are runway edge lines. A bit of aliasing around the a/c is present, but I just ignore it. I imagine it's the subjective factor also that drives my claims; what some folks are not bothered or concerned with, is bothersome to others. Whatever, not using NI is a big plus for me. I also agree looking at other airports should be considered. Off to it then for some ORBX regional flying.

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Simply because he doesn't like FXAA. It's a personal opinion and not something mandatory. Most users don't like FXAA because it is a very simple and raw method to sort of reduce jaggies by (simply put) blurring the entire screen. It's the first thing I turn off when I reinstall P3D. Some people like it however. It's all up to you.

thanks Jeroen

Anyone of you guys have lost his mid/low level clouds after updating client and contents?

It seems that this is happened to me, shader folder deleted, rex 4 theme installed again, I've checked files in weather folder in main p3d v3 and cloudartfiles.fx is there...any ideas?

thanks

Paolo

I did a clean uninstall/install and it works great. The sim feels a tad more fluent, and the increased LOD for buildings looks great.

The wave animations just look stupid so I hope there is a way to disable them.

As for sutomer service I have been very happy with LM. I ran into activation problems in v2.5 after upgrading my computer, but LM fixed it within an hour after I emailed them.

Happy to see further upgrades and improvements, but I hope LM will now concentrate less on engine improvements and more on graphics improvements. Would be nice if they did an upgrade of the default textures so we had less need for 3PDs and addons.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

The wave animations just look stupid so I hope there is a way to disable them.

I was afraid that this might be the case. They look very similar to the old FSX waves, and I never liked them. I wonder why LM decided to add them?

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Uninstalled 3.1, removed shaders, and installed 3.2.  PMDG, ASN, and scenery add-ons remain intact.

I had a CTD on my first 3 attempts to start 3.2.  Rebooted my system, and then no problems.  I'll explore it more later today.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Stop using SGSS AA and retest ... even my two Titan X's can't deal with SGSS AA in dense clouds, nothing can ... setting yourself up for failure.  As posted by myself and others, no need for SGSS AA in V3.2.

Cheers, Rob.

Agree with Rob on this, cannot see much improvement at all using SGSS AA anymore, MSAA in P3D dialog doing a great job in V3.2

Use your own judgement and eye's but i waiting to test with clouds in ASN to see for sure, looks like the nail in the SGSS coffin, thank goodness.

Thanks Rob & LM - great job

I uninstalled the 3.1 Client and installed the 3.2 Client. Then I rebooted my maching, started P3D and activated my license per the activation step that came up. I also bypassed the Object Flow error and the sim operated quite nicely. The AA definitely is significantly better and the sim seems to run smoother with a bit of a bump in FPS (no empirical data to support this). Also the coloring in the sim seemed to be refined and made a noticeable visual difference for me. This is a good update.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

PMDG, ASN, and scenery add-ons remain intact.

Are you saying you have ASN working OK in 3.2?

Richard Åsberg

Are you saying you have ASN working OK in 3.2?

Yes

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)